This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to let folks know, this has been done before but it didn't take off however, with the sudden rise of new and different users posting Fan-Fic as well as everyone having several stories each I am officially rebooting the awards!

It's going to be different this time with me as judge, meaning that my fiction can not be nominated and voted for. (I know right, sucks. -.-)

First of all, what happens if you win?

Well, after taking a look at the RPG awards section, you now have a picture detailing your award, what month you won the award and your username that you can use as your profile picture, about me picture or background pic! (see below for the badge)

Categories are:

For the writer:

Fic'r of the month (whether you write or not, being generally helpful and nice towards new users or giving helpful advice to other writers, even commenting on someone's stories may get you the award)

Best writer (One we should all be striving for)

Best new writer ( If you have recently discovered the 'Fan-Fic' forum here and have posted your very own fan-fic, even if you have written Fan-fiction before on other websites, you are still eligible)

For your stories and characters:

Fan-Fic of the month (Can only be a singular chapter, if it is a fan-fic that is updated by posts, the post has to have been posted within the month and will be graded by itself and not as a part of the whole fic)

Best story (A continuation of the story has to have been posted within the month but the whole story will be judged together. Same story can not be nominated twice in a row.

Best new Fan-Fic (Has to have 3 chapters or under to be eligible. One chapter has to have been posted within the month.)

Best character (Can be original or established. Judged upon your writing of the character, same character can not be nominated two months in a row.)

Best supporting cast (Judges on how well you write your character's supporting cast and if your supporting character's fits your Fan-Fic or/and character)

Nominations begin on the 1st of each month to the 20th, voting lasts for 5 days. Anything written or posted after the voting thread has been posted will be eligible for nomination in the next month.

You may nominate yourself or other writers and their work for the awards.

If you have any questions or if I've left anything out just ask me or let me know. Thanks!

And now the all important picture/badge you can use to show you won the award.

The award will be changed to go with what you won obviously and the month will go with the username.
#2 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27112 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work!

#3 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea! I hope it works out this time.

#4 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

OMFG this is awesome! ^_^

#5 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Suh-weet! Aww, but it's sad that you can't be nominated since you're a judge!

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool!

#7 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

So wait, do you nominate yourself for the award, or do the other fic'rs nominate you?

#8 Posted by The Impersonator (5383 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job, CapFanboy!

#9 Posted by sentryssj4 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait... Does that mean that there is not one for this month... because, there have been alot of GREAT fics out recently.

#10 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanks guys! 

@sentryssj4: It is kinda late but I'll allow any fan-fics in June to be eligible for July. deal? 
@primepower53
: You may nominate yourself or any other Fan-Fic/writer for an award.
#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I probably won't nominate myself, but if anyone else wants to nominate me I'd be okay with it! =P

#12 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

very cool

#13 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (778 posts) - - Show Bio

dude. nice thread. XD
#14 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
@ghostrider fan1: Thanks
#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm so shouldn't people be voting for June? Lol the month is almost over

#16 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Again nice work :)

#17 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
@Constantine: Thanks! 
@Nighthunter: June Fan-fics are now eligible for July as well, after that it's just going to be each month.
#18 Posted by sentryssj4 (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy said:
Thanks guys! 

@sentryssj4: It is kinda late but I'll allow any fan-fics in June to be eligible for July. deal? 

Sounds like a plan my man :)
#19 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: Id like to nominate the @TypingKira   for best writer :)
#21 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
@jaywray: Your nomination has been counted
#22 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I already did this a few mouths ago but I stopped because there wasn't enough entries. I hope you have better luck.

#23 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
@StarKiller809: Thanks, man.
#24 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

Fix

#26 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there going to be another one? o-o

#27 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by batkevin74 (10599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: It's December!

#30 Posted by RudeJohn (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Howdy,

I'd like to nominate unipysc0 for Best New Hawkman Story. Okay, so maybe it's the only Hawkman storyline this month, but I still like it. :)

RJ

#31 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@RudeJohn said:

Howdy,

I'd like to nominate unipysc0 for Best New Hawkman Story. Okay, so maybe it's the only Hawkman storyline this month, but I still like it. :)

RJ

Thanks, I'll accept this nomination for the 2011 awards since the december ones got no nominations. :( From now on though, the awards will run each season with an additional one at the end of the year. That's 5 in total. Thanks for the nomination

#32 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome thread! Will vote once I overlook some stuff,

#33 Posted by TheCannon (18317 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for the Cannon's work on Luke Cage for Marvel Genesis.

#34 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I vote for the Cannon's work on Luke Cage for Marvel Genesis.

Yeah, nominations ended ages ago. I'm totally reworking the awards so we get 5 each year instead of 13 and nobody commenting on them. Bear with me

#35 Posted by TheCannon (18317 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a joke.

#36 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Well it's not wanted on the fan fic awards.

#37 Posted by Hysteria (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Are these awards still going?

#38 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

I should have put all my Kidpool Kills the Marvel Universe stories here.

#39 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds like a good idea

#40 Posted by CapFanboy (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hysteria said:

Are these awards still going?

Short answer yes. Long answer in a while. I'm trying to re-work it so that we only need it 5 times per year (once per season and once at the end of the year) as I just wasn't getting enough nominations for the monthly ones.