Fan fic ideas thread

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

(Couldn't find one on the search so I hope this hasn't been done...)

A thread for posting your possible ideas for a fan fic or original story in order to see if it seems like a good idea or if you want to find someone to collaborate with or something.

I guess I'll start:

Superman:Original

What if instead of the Man of Steel Metropolis found itself being protected by the Mind of Steel, the original Superman from the "Reign of Superman" story? Could this would be conqueror be a hero, could he inspire others like the real deal, and what new or old foes would rise to challenge him?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

I had an idea.

Elseworlds: 64

We're all familiar with Superman for the Nintendo 64. It is considered one of the worst games of all time. However, what if it didn't happen to Superman? What if Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, etc. were the unlucky heroes to have their name on the 1999 Nintendo 64 game?

The fan fictions would be stuff like Batman 64. Batman has to go through a virtual world, fighting people, flying through rings, overcoming glitches, etc.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CapFanboy

@TheCannon said:

I had an idea.

Elseworlds: 64

We're all familiar with Superman for the Nintendo 64. It is considered one of the worst games of all time. However, what if it didn't happen to Superman? What if Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, etc. were the unlucky heroes to have their name on the 1999 Nintendo 64 game?

The fan fictions would be stuff like Batman 64. Batman has to go through a virtual world, fighting people, flying through rings, overcoming glitches, etc.

That'd be kinda difficult to do as a fic since you don't have the visual element the games give.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

@CapFanboy: Yeah, that was a problem. It's why nothing is up yet about it.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@MysteriousUsername: @TheCannon:

well, we have like two threads which I would say are similar to this: Coming soon.and The "Feedback" Joint.

I admit the latter one is in need of updating (and one of these days I'll get around to doing a 2.0 thread which is less chaotic and something people including myself could use to add feedback to ideas and fics), but I would say the coming soon thread could be used to advertise ideas.

I won't lock this thread, but I thought I should mention we have threads with similar purposes...

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Poet said:

@MysteriousUsername: @TheCannon:

well, we have like two threads which I would say are similar to this: Coming soon.and The "Feedback" Joint.

I admit the latter one is in need of updating (and one of these days I'll get around to doing a 2.0 thread which is less chaotic and something people including myself could use to add feedback to ideas and fics), but I would say the coming soon thread could be used to advertise ideas.

I won't lock this thread, but I thought I should mention we have threads with similar purposes...

I dunno. Coming soon is too tell people that you are actively writing these fics and they will be up soon after you finish them. The feedback joint is to tell people that you've posted a thread and it's getting no love. This thread (if I'm not mistaken) is for people to write about ideas that they may be thinking about but not necessarily start. A place where another writer can go "oh cool, I can help write it if you have no time." I think it's more for the ideas you have, but ones you don't want to write.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@CapFanboy: well, techicically according to the feedback joint:

You are allowed to:
  • Post Ideas (Survey your audience/Get the “yes” or “no”.)
  • Request Feedback (for Story/Series)
  • Offer assistance
  • Advertise (your writing/art/projects/future objectives)
  • Request a "bump" to your thread (so you can continue your story/series within the same post)
  • Anything that falls under the categories or the main idea :)

but I would be the last person to say that that thread is effective. Either I added that bit when I updated the pinned threads in the summer or it was there originally. Normally I would jump on pinning this thread because it is a thread with a good concept, but I guess I am thinking conservatively and thinking we should have one thread for a number of purposes. i will admit the Feedback Joint is (meaning no disrespect) dead because nobody really visits that thread unless you a writer wanting comments (at least speaking for my self I don't see many non-advertisers visiting there). I just feel having one thread for ideas, requesting comments, etc. is the best way to go than having one thread for ideas, one for comments, etc.

The best solution is for me to update/revamp the Feedback Joint (maybe even change the name so people aren't as confused about it's purpose) and then maybe even put in a policy similar to what Wildvine tried a few months ago (a comment for a comment. where people advertise comments for a fic and then someone comments on that in exchange for a comment on theirs). I don't know...I hope i'm sounding like the overlord mod who just comes in and say, "no no no! you're doing it wrong!" but I'm trying to keep the amount of non-story thread with actual purposes at a mimunmum so the forum isn't over loaded. Ideally, the feedback joint is the solution, but it just needs to be rejuvenated so people actully visit that thread

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapFanboy

@The Poet: No I get it, having one thread serving all three purposes would be better and more efficient, I'm with you there. It's just it does have a different purpose to what the other two threads were originally created for. Once we have one thread for all things then these can fade away.