#1 Edited by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Right, seriously. Last time this was up it did not do well...so! NEW START! This time, there will be 5 AWARDS PER YEAR, One for each season (spring, summer, autumn, winter) and one at the end of the year! Look for the Summer 2012 nomination thread soon, I know that we didn't get a winner for the 2011 awards so they'll be up soon too! Don't forget to tell your friends!

NOTE: DO NOT POST ANY NOMINATIONS HERE. ANY NOMINATIONS GO IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS. LINKS WILL BE UP SOON.

Rules

-My fiction cannot be voted for. I know, "what fiction have you posted lately Cappie?" Well, just the endless list of "Gah!"'s that polluted the forums at one point...

-Only nominations posted on the appropriate thread will be counted

-You can nominate another fic'r and/or their work as long as it fits the award.

-The same story can be nominated for many awards. Same for writers.

-Only three stories per writer can be up for nomination at any-one time

-It doesn't have to be Fan-Fic to be nominated, looking at you

-Any group fics created also can be nominated!

-If you and another user collaborated, as the case of and

-You can nominate different writers for the same awards

-Only two people/fics can be nominated for an award per user. So pick carefully!

SEASONS

Winter: DEC-FEB

Spring: MAR-MAY

Summer: JUN-AUG

Autmun: SEP-NOV

WHAT YOU GET

You get this brilliant little badge customized that you can use for your AV/About me/Background image!

The award will be changed to go with what you won obviously and the month will go with the username.

Categories are:

For the writer:

Fic'r of the season (whether you write or not, being generally helpful and nice towards new users or giving helpful advice to other writers, even commenting on someone's stories may get you the award)

Best writer (One we should all be striving for)

Best new writer ( If you have recently discovered the 'Fan-Fic' forum here and have posted your very own fan-fic, even if you have written Fan-fiction before on other websites, you are still eligible)

For your stories and characters:

Fan-Fic of the season (Can only be a singular chapter, if it is a fan-fic that is updated by posts, the post has to have been posted within the month and will be graded by itself and not as a part of the whole fic)

Best story (A continuation of the story has to have been posted within the month but the whole story will be judged together. Same story can not be nominated twice in a row.

Best new Fan-Fic (Has to have 3 chapters or under to be eligible. One chapter has to have been posted within the season.)

Best character (Can be original or established. Judged upon your writing of the character, same character can not be nominated two months in a row.)

Best supporting cast (Judges on how well you write your character's supporting cast and if your supporting character's fits your Fan-Fic or/and character)

For your artwork!

Best work of Art for the season - Nominate a story which has a piece of art included. ONLY THE ART WILL BE JUDGED FOR THIS AWARD!)

Nominate fic'rs like this (preferably)

UserRed- Nominate for Fic'r of the season (Because of yadda yadda yadda), Best Story (In 'Emma Frost is such a babe'), Best Characters (In 'Damn you Cyclops!')

UserBlue- Nominate for Best Story (In 'Death to all humans, Muahahahahaha!')

UserGreen- Nominate for Best New Fan-Fic (In 'Fear Itself:The bad and the...well bad')

Get nominating and thanks!
-CapFanboy

#2 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: what's the time time spand for these awards? like what month to what month?

Moderator
#3 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: I'm actually editing it right now adding that xD

#4 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy:

cool. how long are the award voting polls open for? Just getting a sense of what you are going to do so I can think about preparing the Fics of the Month Showcase thread to show the months you want to do. I won't do that for 2011, because that's too much work and I'm already going through that year...

Moderator
#5 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: I was gonna have them open a week.

#6 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: are you going to do the summer one in the first week in sept.?

Moderator
#7 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy: are you going to do the summer one in the first week in sept.?

I dunno...I'm here, there and everywhere at the moment.

#8 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

If I don't win, then I'm going to ruin your life.

#9 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

If I don't win, then I'm going to ruin your life.

What life? My life is generally

5pm-2am - Comic vine

2-am-12pm - Out/Bar/Town/whatever

12pm-5pm - sleep

#10 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

for fic'r of the season I nominate for his all around great comments and stories. (Yes, you will comment on ANYTHING!

Best writer I nominate

Best new writer I nominate

Fan fic of the season I nominate my own Terror in the Night

Best story I nominate Ravager series

Best new fan fic goes to for his Spider Man Noir series

Best character goes to Thomas created by

#11 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@AweSam said:

If I don't win, then I'm going to ruin your life.

What life? My life is generally

5pm-2am - Comic vine

2-am-12pm - Out/Bar/Town/whatever

12pm-5pm - sleep

Damn you. I'll ruin... Christmas.

#12 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

for fic'r of the season I nominate for his all around great comments and stories. (Yes, you will comment on ANYTHING!

Best writer I nominate

Best new writer I nominate

Fan fic of the season I nominate my own Terror in the Night

Best story I nominate Ravager series

Best new fan fic goes to for his Spider Man Noir series

Best character goes to Thomas created by

@CapFanboy said:

NOTE: DO NOT POST ANY NOMINATIONS HERE. ANY NOMINATIONS GO IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS. LINKS WILL BE UP SOON.

#13 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@CapFanboy said:

@AweSam said:

If I don't win, then I'm going to ruin your life.

What life? My life is generally

5pm-2am - Comic vine

2-am-12pm - Out/Bar/Town/whatever

12pm-5pm - sleep

Damn you. I'll ruin... Christmas.

NOT CHRISTMAS! YOU MEAN OL' GRINCH!

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

for fic'r of the season I nominate for his all around great comments and stories. (Yes, you will comment on ANYTHING!

Best writer I nominate

Best new writer I nominate

Fan fic of the season I nominate my own Terror in the Night

Best story I nominate Ravager series

Best new fan fic goes to for his Spider Man Noir series

Best character goes to Thomas created by

@CapFanboy said:

NOTE: DO NOT POST ANY NOMINATIONS HERE. ANY NOMINATIONS GO IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS. LINKS WILL BE UP SOON.

fack...knew I should have read the whole thing.

Just put those nominations in the appropriate thread.

#15 Posted by Project_Worm (3376 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

Best character goes to Thomas created by

Hey! I never confirmed that his name was Thomas... I mean thanks for the nomination.

#16 Posted by poze (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Oh Thank you for the nomination.

#17 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

for fic'r of the season I nominate

Best writer I nominate

Best story: Rose Wilson: The Ravager series

Best character I pick

#18 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom said:

for fic'r of the season I nominate

Best writer I nominate

Best story: Rose Wilson: The Ravager series

Best character I pick

I'm sure they will appreciate you nominating them, but this is not the place to nominate. (see post by Cap where he replies Prime)

Moderator
#19 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom said:

for fic'r of the season I nominate

Best writer I nominate

Best story: Rose Wilson: The Ravager series

Best character I pick

The hell? What about my Hulk Works at Walmart?

#20 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

You forget MOST anoying riter which would be taken handsdown by a large, often ship based gun! ha ha ha oooo that's mean!

#21 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984 said:

You forget MOST anoying riter which would be taken handsdown by a large, often ship based gun! ha ha ha oooo that's mean!

*writer

#22 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@tomdickharry1984 said:

You forget MOST anoying riter which would be taken handsdown by a large, often ship based gun! ha ha ha oooo that's mean!

Me.

Counted.

#23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@tomdickharry1984 said:

You forget MOST anoying riter which would be taken handsdown by a large, often ship based gun! ha ha ha oooo that's mean!

Me.

Counted.

-.- I am not amused.

#24 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: You should be

#25 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

While the nomination thread is being dealt with by @CapFanboy: I'm repinning this for people who don't understand what is happening.

Moderator
#26 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this thing need a defib?