Fan-Fic awards June/July Winners thread!

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

(I'll add an award every so minutes)  

Our first ever winners thread folks! First a huge thanks to everyone who voted and nominated their favourite fics, if you didn't then shame on you! To all those who didn't win the categoreis they were up to there is always next year, so keep writing to the best of your ability! 

Now we are going to run through the winners and runner's up of each category and pretty much sum up why they won the award.         

Fic'r of the month

JOINT WINNER: 

TypingKira

Writer of what is arguably the most popular Fan-Fic series on the vine (Asguardian, Midguardian) TypingKira has contributed to the Fan-Fic board with more than reading material. Kira manages to post constructive criticism on most stories and is generally a nice, kind viner who keeps spirits up. She has created several other threads like the build me a playlist contestrules thread, the Tips Thread, reviews thread, a thread for new and old writers alike and a thread for writers to interact with each other and seek advice. All in all, a beloved Fic'r!  JOINT WINNER:  primepower53 
A quick comment from TypingKira: 

Oh my GAH! Holy cow, I can't even. . . I seriously can't even. . . 

primepower53
An energetic member of the Fan-Fic board, primepower always has a new chapter out. Creator of the I NEED COMMENTS thread When he's not writing he's reading your work and offering you words of encouragement. His works on the vine include, 'Marvel Genesis: Iron Man,' 'Ultimate Superman' and 'Ultimate Batman.'  He had this to say: 

THANK YOU SOOOO MUUUUUUUUUUUCH! :D:D:D

Runner-Up: 
The Impersonator 

The Impersonator is someone who always manages to comment on your Fan-fic with a compliment or some words of improvement. His work ethic is something to admire, he currently has over 30 chapters on a wolverine fic that's part of a project that only started a month ago 

BEST WRITER

WINNER:

TypingKira 

For her second award, TypingKira is one of the best writers of the vine overall but best for the months of June/July as voted for by you guys! Her writing prowess can be viewed her on the vine in works like Midguardian, The Reagan Administration and Aliens. 

Runner-Up: 
Mechanical_Ape  
Mechanical_Ape is a close second to TypingKira as best writer, his works so far include Winds of Change, Ascendance and a on-shot Flight Three from Broxton. 

BEST NEW WRITER

WINNER: 
 InnerVenom123  

InnerVenom's 'SYMBIOTE' and 'World War Symbiote' fics have been popular series on the board. His first 'SYMBIOTE' currently has 171 views and 40 posts that's great for a first issue. His works are usually written in incredibly detailed, well written scripts. Before we leave, a quick comment from InnerVenom and away we go! 

Thanks for voting me, guys!

Runner-Up: 
Mechanical_Ape
Again just missing out on top spot, Mechanical_Ape is a great writer and Ascendance is definitely one of my personal favourite series on the vine. 
To fill a little more space because I'm running out of things to say, here's a quote from Mechanical_Ape!

I've been writing since I was a little kid because I find it incredibly fun. It still is one of my favorite things to do... As for why I started writing fan fics recently, it's definitely because of TypingKira. She convinced me to do it because of two reasons, even though she had no idea she was doing it at the time... So basically, I just do it because it's fun. I write all kinds of things that no one will ever read, simply because I like to write. It doesn't really matter to me whether anyone reads or likes my work. It's certainly nice, but I'd write regardless of that. 

Fan-Fic of the month

WINNER:

Midguardian Special: Grief by TypingKira 

Picking up her third award, TypingKira's Midguardian Special deals with the grief (duh!) caused by Anthy's death at the hands of Karnilla, we see the reactions of Thor, Balder, The Raiders and her father Agent Martin. Beautifully written and overall a great chapter to the Midguardian series. 

Runner-Up: 
Flight Three from Broxton by Mechanical_Ape 
 A great Fic. That pretty much sums it up, The warriors three are brilliantly written and I love the part when they start looking for seats. I mean if the following line isn't one of the best things you've read you obviously have finished all the books in your own personal library. 

The ticket agent turned bright red as Fandral released her hand. “No, thank you,” she said with a happy smile. She watched Fandral as he rushed down the walkway, her gaze lingering on his rear for just a little too long.

BEST STORY

WINNER:

Midguardian by TypingKira 

Great Series. The follow-up to Asguardian, Anthy is shaping up to be a strong, fierce young woman with all the might of Thor and none of the girth of Volstagg. Still tussling for Balder's love only now it's becoming more dangerous, fights with Karnilla and Enchantress and even being locked up and visited by her own daddy. Can Anthy overcome all life's obstacles and win Balder's love. You never know, she might already have... 

Runner-up: 
Ultimate Batman by primepower53 

The only other one up for vote in this category (thread got rid of some of the fics up) Ultimate Batman is a great series in it's own right. Even though it was the only other up for vote it still did fairly well. Unfortunately I haven't read it regularly so can't really comment on the plot that well. 

BEST NEW FAN-FIC

WINNER: 

The 199th Mutant by ghostrider fan1 

Follows the story of Avengers Academy's newest member, Ryan Rinzai who flipped over a mountain with his strength. I certainly wouldn't want to go there! Our favourite Rider Jacob makes a few appearances here and there, specifically in the first chapter. A good series all-in-all and one that won your votes. 

Runner-Up 
Project X: The birth of Wolverine 
Already past 30 chapters, unlike former work Freaks The Impersonator has written this Marvel: Genesis project as a story in first person. Very interesting take on Wolverine's origin, a must read for any wolvie fan! Great series...bub. 

Best Character

WINNER:

Amber Therese Martin/Anthy/Asguardian 

What can I say about Anthy, we've seen her grow from an insecure, scared little girl in Asguardian to the fierce, confident warrior in Midguardian. Obviously she still suffers from everyday problems like daddy issues, crushes and fighting Ares but who doesn't? 

Runner-Up 
TIE between 
-Batman from Batman: Punishing Gotham by Project_Worm 
-Supergirl from Ultimate Superman and Ultimate Supergirl by primepower53 
-Reagan from The Reagan Administration 

Best Supporting Cast

WINNER:

Midguardian by TypingKira 

This award wasn't just for original characters brought into the fold but also for how well a writer writes existing characters and for me Midguardian sets the bar high for both. Not only are there brilliant original characters in the raiders but TypingKira also writes Thor, Balder, The warriors three and other Asgardian characters brilliantly.  

Runner-Up  
Red X by HumanX 
Another great series,  Many of the characters seen are HumanX adaptations of characters from the various DC Comics animated series [ok I just stole this from oscura ch. 13 but it sums it up well!] His writing is great and the dialogue is always written well! 

Last but not least...

...the badges! 

Since we can't give out trophies I decided to take the RPG awards idea and hand out picture thingies that the users can then put up as their background/about me pictures and what not.     
 Fic'r of the month
 Fic'r of the month
 Best Writer
 Best Writer
 Best New Writer
 Best New Writer
 Best Story
 Best Story
 Fan-Fic of the month
 Fan-Fic of the month

Best supporting cast
 Best supporting cast
 Best New Fan-Fic
 Best New Fan-Fic
Best Character 
Best Character 
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@The Impersonator
Thanks!!
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Impersonator
@primepower53
No Caption Provided
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CapFanboy

Completed

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

Congratulations to everyone! There's a lot of talent on this site and everyone should be proud of their work, whether they won or not. Maybe we should rename these to the monthly TypingKira Awards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mechanical_Ape
LMFAO!!!  

Seriously, though, nice job, everyone!
Avatar image for ghostrider_fan1
ghostrider fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ghostrider fan1

congrats to all the winners! and to those who didnt win, let it inspire u for next month to create the best stories you can! we all have the talent to do so :)
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CapFanboy
@Mechanical_Ape said:
Congratulations to everyone! There's a lot of talent on this site and everyone should be proud of their work, whether they won or not. Maybe we should rename these to the monthly TypingKira Awards.
When I collected the votes I was like "Yup, TypingKira's winning most of them."
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Impersonator

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CapFanboy
@The Impersonator said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Thanks Impersonator! 

Also, just to remind everyone don't forget to nominate your favourite Fic's for the august awards. I'm gonna leave it open for a little while longer okay?
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Impersonator
@CapFanboy
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Congratulations to all the winners ^___^

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By TypingKira

jklafjkldsajfkdlajfkldjafkdjagfhdahgdasghfdahfgdsahgfdahgldkahjfkldhaklfjdkahflkdjakfldhkalhgfkslafjkldajfds 

I just. . . I still can't. . . Congrats to Primepower too, and to Mech, Imp, Ghosty, Venom, and all the rest of you guys, you are seriously amazing writers and I hope you keep doing what you're doing. . . like, forever. Yeah, you're not allowed to stop writing. 

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@TypingKira: Since you won all the awards, I think that makes you Queen of the Fan Fic board or something, so I guess I can't say no. Alright, I'm officially posting the first chapter of my new story tomorrow! Or maybe tonight if I get bored. Oh, and congratulations again!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mechanical_Ape said:
@TypingKira: Since you won all the awards, I think that makes you Queen of the Fan Fic board or something, so I guess I can't say no.  

LOL. This.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

My joy. I can barely..... contain it........ BOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THE SAME WAY AS ME?!?!
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CapFanboy
@primepower53 said:
@InnerVenom123 said:
We're a hive mind. Fic'rs are connected in a way no-one can describe...not even Hank Pym.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CapFanboy said:
@primepower53 said:
@InnerVenom123 said:
We're a hive mind. Fic'rs are connected in a way no-one can describe...not even Hank Pym.

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT? I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!! :P:P:P:P:P
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided