• 88 results
#1 Edited by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio

All right, it's time for the first monthly Fan-Fic awards! At the request of two of our beloved fic'rs I am allowing any Fan-Fic's written in June to be eligible for July SO GET NOMINATING PEOPLE! 

First however, THE RULES: 

-You can nominate yourself and/or your work or another fic'r and/or their work  
-The same story can be nominated for many awards. Same for writers. 
-You have until the 20th to nominate any fics posted after the 20th of July will count for the August awards.  
-You can nominate different writers for the same awards 

Categories are: 

For the writer:  

Fic'r of the month (whether you write or not, being generally helpful and nice towards new users or giving helpful advice to other writers, even commenting on someone's stories may get you the award) 
Best writer (One we should all be striving for)

Best new writer ( If you have recently discovered the 'Fan-Fic' forum here and have posted your very own fan-fic, even if you have written Fan-fiction before on other websites, you are still eligible) 

For your stories and characters: 

Fan-Fic of the month (Can only be a singular chapter, if it is a fan-fic that is updated by posts, the post has to have been posted within the month  and will be graded by itself and not as a part of the whole fic) 
Best story (A continuation of the story has to have been posted within the month but the whole story will be judged together. Same story can not be nominated twice in a row. 
Best new Fan-Fic (Has to have 3 chapters or under to be eligible. One chapter has to have been posted within the month.) 
Best character (Can be original or established. Judged upon your writing of the character, same character can not be nominated two months in a row.) 
Best supporting cast (Judges on how well you write your character's supporting cast and if your supporting character's fits your Fan-Fic or/and character) 

Nominate fic'rs like this (preferably) 

UserRed- Nominate for Fic'r of the month (Because of yadda yadda yadda), Best Story (In 'Emma Frost is such a babe'), Best Characters (In 'Damn you Cyclops!') 
UserBlue- Nominate for Best Story (In 'Death to all humans, Muahahahahaha!')
UserGreen- Nominate for Best New Fan-Fic (In 'Flashpoint:The Good and The Mostly Bad') 

Get nominating and thanks! 
-CapFanboy
#2 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

GAH! I like just about all the fan fics I've read and don't know who to nominate!

Maybe I'll think of something later....

#3 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: take your time you have 20 days
#4 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

wow...I'm stupid. I only read the June part and thought we had till the end of the week to nominate/vote for June's fan fics.

#5 Posted by The Impersonator (4311 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#6 Posted by CaptainJ (76 posts) - - Show Bio

How many can we nominate? I've got about three?

#7 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

That's actually a good question.....

#8 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainJ@primepower53: I don't think I placed any restrictions on how many...I'd guess as many as you want but I'd like it if you didn't go overboard. 
#9 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Fine! I'll post the first nomination, gawd.  

Best new writer -- Mechanical_Ape. He's only been writing fanfiction since April, but he's got a few great stories already, like Ascendance and an Avengers one-shot. 

#10 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
Fine! I'll post the first nomination, gawd.   Best new writer -- Mechanical_Ape. He's only been writing fanfiction since April, but he's got a few great stories already, like Ascendance and an Avengers one-shot. 
Your nomination has been counted.
#11 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Kira has broken the ice, I'll post a nomination

I'm going to nominate The Impersonater for fic'r of the month! He's just been all around helpful to me. He's actually saved a few of my fan fics! :D Plus I hear Freaks is very good (rating system is too much for me to read personally)

#12 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: Your nomination has been counted
#13 Posted by The Impersonator (4311 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: Thanks man!  :)
#14 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Since for some strange reason someone actually nominated me for something, I suppose I should do a few nominations myself. I'll add more as the month goes on.

Fic'r of the Month - TypingKira. Her efforts to create the new rules thread alone should be ample evidence of her qualifications for this award. In addition to that, she makes a serious effort to provide comments and support whenever she can.

Best Writer - TypingKira. She currently has three stories in progress: Midguardian, Le Strange, and Aliens. All three of them are exceptional and very well written. The plots are highly entertaining and they feature a wide variety of unique and highly developed characters.

#15 Posted by The Impersonator (4311 posts) - - Show Bio
Three cheers goes to my favorite writers.

Best Writer goes to TypingKira who made astonishing work on her three ongoing series. Especially, I enjoyed reading her first fan-fic in the past, Asguardian. FOR ASGARD! 

Best Story goes to HumanX for writing a great Batman and Red X series, Red X. Including the ongoing fun and funny sequel, Red X Oscura. *Laughs*    

Best New Fan-Fic goes to primepower53 who made his current work on the Ultimate Green Arrow. Keep those arrows coming. :D
#16 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (776 posts) - - Show Bio

oh why not i nominate my 199th mutant series for best new fan fic 
for best supporting cast i nominate the raiders from midguardian 
those were ones off the top of my head so far 
#17 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mechanical_Ape@The Impersonator@ghostrider fan1: Your nominations have been counted. :)
#18 Posted by sweatboy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked Typing Kira's stories. You the one who wrote the Cap + X-23 thing right? What i nominate Kira for? hmmm,... best fan fic-r

#19 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@sweatboy: Wait, me? fbdarkangel wrote the Cap+X one. I love that one tho XD 
#20 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Since nobody else has posted best character yet, I've decided to nominate my version of Supergirl from Ultimate Superman and Ultimate Supergirl.

I just did that because I wanted to see if anyone would vote for it :P

#21 Posted by Speedzy (29 posts) - - Show Bio

My nomination for best story of the month goes to Justice Heroes Elite. But I haven't decided on an author yet.

#22 Posted by sentryssj4 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go ahead nominate Project_Worm's Batman: Punishing Gotham for Best Story.

#23 Posted by CaptainJ (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll also nominate Justice heroes Elite by Bruce27, since everyone else is only nominating one.

#24 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: Your nomination has been counted. If there's just one or two nominations per category, I'll add more.
#25 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (776 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: oh yea one more nomination, Ryan Rinzai for best new character
#26 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Since it seems that not every category has been represented so far, I figured I would rectify that and add a few nominations.

Fan-Fic of the Month - Midguardian Special: Grief by TypingKira. While technically not a traditional chapter of her long running Midguardian story, this chapter was an excellent addition to it. It recounts the aftermath of the events of chapter 13. Kira did a wonderful job showing the wide range or emotions, from sadness to anger to shock, that everyone involved was feeling.

Best Supporting Cast - Red X Oscura by HumanX. Red X Oscura has been a great story so far and the variety of different characters certainly add to that. HumanX's characters range from very humorous to serious and it is all done very well.

#27 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Speedzy@sentryssj4@CaptainJ@Mechanical_Ape@ghostrider fan1: Your nominations have been counted
#28 Posted by sweatboy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still nominating TypingKira for best Fan Fic'r cos she was nice to me and offered helpful advice on my test topic.

@TypingKira: RIGHT! and you were what Thor? either way i meant you.
 @primepower53 said:

Since nobody else has posted best character yet, I've decided to nominate my version of Supergirl from Ultimate Superman and Ultimate Supergirl.

I just did that because I wanted to see if anyone would vote for it :P

what it called? may i has link?
#29 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@sweatboy: Yep, I wrote Asguardian and Midguardian :}
#30 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@sweatboy: Your nomination has been counted
#31 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by sweatboy (772 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: thanks yo, so many pages to look through,
#33 Posted by Patronus_CFb_Alt (6 posts) - - Show Bio

13 days left folks

#34 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I feel a little cheap for nominating myself... I've been told that I write Batman pretty good so I want to nominate him for best character.

#35 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@Project_Worm: you do, and your nomination has been counted!
#36 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy:  
Really? thanks man.
#37 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

I nominate @TypingKira: for all such things.
#38 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to nominate Project_WOrm's batman as well for best character :}  

Still thinking of more nominations. 

#39 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to nominate thesilverbeatle for best new writer. I'm loving what he's done in his Silver Beetle fan fic!

#40 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433: Every single category?
#41 Edited by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapFanboy: EVER SINGLE ONE XD
Well,besides best Character.In which I nominate Desmen :D(I'm that awesome).
#42 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433:  
Even best NEW writer...
#43 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Project_Worm
Why must you burst my bubble?I nominate myself for new writer :p
#44 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna nominate TypingKira for best writer,  

and I can't believe I'm doing this,  but for best story I'm nominating my Ulitmate Green Lantern story, and Superman Bred to Kill  

I am now finished with my nominations.

#45 Posted by CapFanboy (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433@primepower53: Your nominations have been counted but JackAss I'm going to need stories and supporting casts/characters that you want to use as references for your nominations
#46 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:

I'm gonna nominate TypingKira for best writer,  

and I can't believe I'm doing this,  but for best story I'm nominating my Ulitmate Green Lantern story, and Superman Bred to Kill  

I am now finished with my nominations.

Ah man you beat me to it..
#47 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Project_Worm
lol. you can nominate it again if you want to! several people nominated your Batman for best character :P
#48 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53:  
Well then... 

I want to nominate primepower53's Ultimate Green Lantern story
#49 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by thesilverbeatle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon said:

Best Story: I nominate Ultimate Green Arrow by primepower53

I also nominate primepower53