Fan-Fic "Advertising / Help Request" Thread

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#1 The Poet  Moderator

Hello and welcome to the Fan-Fic "Advertising / Help Request" Thread! In this thread....

BEFORE you post your stories, you can:

• Voice your ideas (to see what people think)
  • Advertise upcoming projects (stories, series, groups, etc.)
  • Request critiques of your story (for editing purposes)
  • See if anyone is interesting in co-writing (you never know...)

AFTER you post your stories, you can:

• Request Feedback (if you think your thread could use a few more comments)
  • Request a "bump" (to your thread if you double posted)

Or anything else you can think of...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TommytheHitman
DC Re-Created: The Question.
DC Re-Created: The Question.

Coming Soon.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would love to have a editor lol. to just be able to create a story with no worries and then have somebody else say. WTF is this oh yeah its a story let me unravel its mystery let me see if I can make sense of this hell. Then go get a beer and relax.. Yeah A editor I could use one lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Anyone have any thoughts on a DC Elseworlds (maybe Mayhem Elseworlds) where the man who would normally have become the Joker falls into chemicals, comes out with white skin and red eyes, and becomes the "Bat-Man"? Then Dr. Harleen Quinzel becomes Nightwing, his heroic and wise-cracking partner/lover?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@joygirl:

That about as different as it gets.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

Nope. Just saying its different. Don't think I've heard of Joker becoming Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@joygirl: Sounds like a nifty idea in theory

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl

@wildvine said:

@joygirl:

Nope. Just saying its different. Don't think I've heard of Joker becoming Batman

ooh, oki. I know there have been a lot of Batman/Joker flips and explorations of how they are similar, but I don't think that combo's been done.

@joygirl: Sounds like a nifty idea in theory

:D Yay

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@joygirl said:

@wildvine said:

@joygirl:

ooh, oki. I know there have been a lot of Batman/Joker flips and explorations of how they are similar, but I don't think that combo's been done.

There was a Batman/Joker Elseworlds where Joker was an alternate personality of Batman. The closest to what you're talking about though is something like the Crime Syndicate's Earth, where Joker is the good guy.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@the_poet:

I speak and write fractured English, and I'm looking for someone to help m correct my spelling errors in my fanfics.

Help?

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 Not signing on for like a long time deal, where I proofread /all/ of your fan fics, but I'm willing to look stuff over every now and then when I get a chance. It might be good to have someone else on hand as well though, since I won't always be able too.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coltman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright here's all i have to say just give this a look and if your not interested whatevs if you are your life is about to get a whole lot more interesting http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-zombies-walking-dead-fan-fic-advertisement-1597325/#2 this is a series with spin offs i have a plan shown on the post so

Coltman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my bad http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-zombies-walking-dead-fan-fic-help-advertise-1597325/ thats the real link

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I'm thinking about starting my first piece of fan-fiction, one in which Frank Castle, the Punisher, gets plucked from wherever he is in the Marvelverse and transported to somewhere on the outskirts of Dark Horse Comics' Sin City. With no way to return, he decides to continue his crusade to kill off the criminal elements of society with renewed vigour, just the same as he does anywhere else that he goes- but is Sin City too much of a crime-infested cesspool for the Punisher to stand a chance of succeeding? Who would be willing to join him or ally with him in his fight to kill off as many criminals as he can, which of Sin City's criminals would be the first names on his to-kill list, how close will he come to losing his life in his gun and hand-to-hand battles with them, and will he ever manage to cleanse Sin City of crime and corruption? If there's anyone else who'd be willing to collaborate with me on the project, I'd be glad for any help you have to offer.

Coltman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep: Great concept, but are you going to do it in the Punisher word journal style?

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coltman1: Sure, why not? Sounds like the best format to use.

Coltman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*war my bad xD

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had an idea I don't think anyone has tried. What about an expanded universe that combines Marvel and DC. Unlike Amalgam it doesn't fuse characters together, it just puts them all in one universe and only alters a background if it contradicts two characters. Example: Hercules and Wonderwoman can know each other from Olympus, or Deathstroke's serum could be an synthesized version of Captain America's serum, etc.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Four Days Ago. Black Dolphin Prison. Russia.

The prisoners in the cafeteria all shuffled around to get to their seats after receiving what passes for food in this place. Grits and green beans. I usually sit at the table in the back so I can observe everyone and everything. Nothing gets pass me. My only friend in this dump, Boris, comes to pay me a visit as always. He always has a story for me whenever we meet in the cafeteria. But this time around, he's going to be telling me how to escape. This prison has been around for 77 years and only one person was able to break out of here. Pretty soon, I'll be the first.

"You never did tell me your name." Boris said, sitting across from with his tray of food.

"I don't have a name Boris. I told you." I said, taking a swig of the room temperature water. "Do you have something for me?"

"Ways on how to escape?"

"Yes. But the other thing." I said, maintaining eye contact with him.

"The suit? Sure, sure." Boris said, followed by a pause.

"Uh well......where is it?"

"It's being checked out by a bunch of scientist down in the basement. They've never seen anything like it."

"Now about breaking out of here. Last time we met, you told me that you were a master escape artist during your time as a KGB agent. You're clearly the oldest person in this sh*thole. So why haven't you escaped?" I asked.

"There's nothing for me out there. Everything I've ever loved is gone, so I might as well rot in here. Meet me at the yard in 10 minutes and I will show you the way but I must remind you, it will not be an easy task."

"I've broken out of prisons before Boris." I said, smirking with confidence.

"So these prisons that you broke out of. Did they have a Rocket Red Brigade?" He asked.

This is Red X #1 for DCRC. I'd like some feedback on this. It isn't done.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: It's okay, but it's kind of hard to critique going off only this.

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have some ideas for a fan-fic.

Most of these are going to be a GOTG crossover.

And while writing I'm thinking to combine mostly the cinematic universe versions of GOTG, but as for story progression I'd like to integrate a lot of the comic material too.

1) Guardians of the Galaxy meeting the X-Men (I was looking to The Trial of Jean Grey for some insp.)

2) Mystique joining the Guardians of the Galaxy. (This is a little hard for me to picture..but it probably would take after the cinematic version of Mystique in DOFP.) Where Mystique and Magneto couldn't be more further apart (Mystique somehow ends up in space..of course I'm working on a monumental reason as to how she is and how she even remotely meets GOTG. This is more of a basic idea to start from. I definitely want to research more into who I could bring in..but I would like for it also to somehow be tied to Thanos or even Apocalypse.

3) Another kinda basic idea format..Avengers are in trouble (probably mostly because of Thanos)...but I was thinking the Skrulls could have a role in it. That somehow a Skrull masquerades as Iron Man..(and somehow getting practically all the Avengers in this mess..and I'm still trying to figure out what had happened to Tony.)

And I wanted the Defenders to come out to save the Avengers, whilst crossing paths with GOTG.

4) This is more open ended..I want to grow on more ideas of crossovers like this..you know even my own version of how Spider-Man met the X-Men things like that..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of those ideas, I guess I'm trying to settle on one for now. I could probably try to write at the most, two. I'd be interested in having someone help co-write it.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan: I don't read much Marvel so I'm completely unfamilar with the universe (outside of the films) but I think you can tie your first two ideas together.

Perhaps Thanos and Apocalypse are working together and the GotG and Xmen team up to stop the threat. Afterward, a few X men decide to travel with the Guardians, but Mystique kidnaps or kills one earlier an infiltrates the Guardians as one of the new recruits.

Not sure if that helps you out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan: I don't read much Marvel so I'm completely unfamilar with the universe (outside of the films) but I think you can tie your first two ideas together.

Perhaps Thanos and Apocalypse are working together and the GotG and Xmen team up to stop the threat. Afterward, a few X men decide to travel with the Guardians, but Mystique kidnaps or kills one earlier an infiltrates the Guardians as one of the new recruits.

Not sure if that helps you out.

Thanks so much! That helps a lot actually..would you be interested in possibly co-writing it?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan: Afraid not. I'm out of my depth when it comes to writing Marvel, being that I don't read the comics and barely read any marvel fics. You could give a callout to me when you make your first issue though. Just press the @ button on your keyboard and type in my username. It's a good way to get the attention of other comicvine users.

Coming from my experience on the vine co-writing is extremely difficult and even when you do find a partner it works as a double-edge sword. Sure it [partnership] keeps you focused on writing but it also sacrifices autonomy on a story. If you and your partner disagree most times you might have to give in if you want the book to continue. Try writing the first few issues by yourself. If you manage to find someone who really likes the story and happens to be active on the fan fic section you can always pm them to see if they're interested. If not, whatever, as long as you like your story that's what really matters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Do you have issues with spelling and/or grammar? Do you have something that you think might need editing of some sort? Do you need someone to read what you've written and critique it meticulously?

Why not ask Squares?

(Though I reserve the right to pick and choose editing projects to take on, I'm generally happy to look over pretty much anything, and while I can't guarantee perfection, I can promise I'll try to make it as close to perfect as I can)

So...uh...crap, how do these ads usually end?

Whatever. Pm me if you want something looked over.

Avatar image for infinitewings845
infinitewings845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey so I'm pretty new to this so if any of you guys could look at my story I posted that would be great here's a link http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/batman-night-begins-1602449/#0

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By waezi2

Anyone wanna help me write my DC Re-Created Titans?

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i posted a story, "Commando part 2," but i may need an editor.

Avatar image for themaskedmarvel
TheMaskedMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I'm TheMaskedMarvel, this'll be my first time posting on this site in the Fanfic category - my working title on my fic is Development Without Borders, and although I haven't revealed much concerning this fic, I can confirm the main character is Clark Kent AKA Man of Steel, here's my fic announcement >> http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/development-without-borders-fan-fic-in-progress-1608658/#5

I'm arranging an interview with Capfanboy, so I'll be able to discuss myself as a writing, and hopefully maybe drop in some stuff regarding my fic if I'm lucky =)

~'SATURN~

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, extremely new to this site and it's fanfic section, but I do have a fanfic up(well at least the very beginning of one.) I'd love some feedback to let me know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VillainWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi there. I was wondering if there was a replace where I could request artwork to go along with my fan-fic ideas?

I'm not looking for like a whole comic book or anything like that. I just have no drawing ability whatsoever and have some ideas that I'd love to see visualized.

For instance:

1) My one story I ever posted here before involved a scenario where J. Jonah Jameson brought Spiderman to his knees, took off his mask, and saw the identity of his enemy. I'd love to see what that might look like -- JJJ's face/etc. as he realizes his ultimate triumph.

2) I have an idea for a Fantastic Four story where Dr. Doom defeats them once and for all, too. It's sort of complicated but just looking to see where I might be able to find someone interested in drawing my ideas.

Thanks!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@villainwins: It might be better to ask this question on the artist show off board

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Avengers is coming. Same Mayhem time, same Mayhem channel. Stay tuned...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: Am I suppose to tag someone, or just post?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone here help me write a Supergirl series for DCRC?

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kingthunder99

how does one read these stories because this looks fun and interesting I would totally love to try writing a story that revolves around Damian and Billy being the next batman and superman i found that ideal funny and interesting.