Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

Quick note - If this makes NO sense, try reading this first: Fantasy Bands. The following is rated T for Teen.

You can listen to the second single, "My Doggie Got Losted" here:

EXCLUSIVE New Verti-GoGo's Track

The Verti-GoGo's - from left to right: Nemi, Delirium, and Tank Girl

This week, I was finally granted an audience with up and coming band The Verti-GoGo's. The three piece have been causing quite a stir on the Gotham City rock scene, and their first studio album "Synesthesia" looks set to lift the band from underground sensations to fully fledged rock goddesses. I caught up with them at an EXCLUSIVE after-gig party at Wayne Manor, proof that The Verti-GoGo's are beginning to turn some influential - and exceedingly wealthy - heads.

BumpyBoo: Hey girls, great show! Why don't you start by introducing yourselves, for those who aren't familiar with you yet?

TANK GIRL: They call me Tank Girl. I'm an Aussie, and I sing and play bass guitar for The Verti-GoGo's.

NEMI: I'm Nemi Montoya, and I play guitar. (She points to Delirium) And she is known as Delirium.

DELIRIUM: I'd like to find an instrument that makes the same sound as hugging. Sometimes on stage I forget the notes, but it's alright because you are always in harmony with yourself.

TG: She means she's a drummer.

DELIRIUM: Usually I am, but the moon-

TG: Not now, mate.

BB: So, how did you guys meet? I mean, as Tank Girl has already mentioned, she is Australian. Nemi, you're from Europe. And as far as I can understand, Delirium, you are a conceptual entity. I can't imagine what might have brought you together.

DELIRIUM: We have always been. Or never were. I feel like they are both true, but also, neither are true.

NEMI: (smiling) That's SO deep. Wow...

TG: Pair of bleedin' hippies! You wanna know the real story? Where else COULD we meet? Comic-Con, of course.

BB: Of course! Moving on, now: critics have described your music as "visionary" and "complex", although some have dubbed it "mind-cripplingly un-listenable". You certainly have a unique sound. Who or what are your musical influences?

TG: Aw, you know, the usual. Crunchin' bones, stompin' heads, explosions and s***!

DELIRIUM: Growing flowers, or the hush of a teardrop falling into a pillow. The wind is music, and so is the sky.

NEMI: We're doing clever answers? I was gonna just say WASP.

BB: You can still try a clever answer.

NEMI: Really? OK...WASP!

EXCLUSIVE snapshot!

BB: Tell me, how does a relatively unknown band end up here, at Wayne Manor? It must be pretty exciting!

DELIRIUM: Oh yes! Yes it is. Everything is!

TG: Alright, girl, don't wet yourself! Haha, it IS pretty cool. Nemi hooked us up with this.

NEMI: Yeah, we were quite lucky, I ran into an old friend at a show, and she pulled some strings for us. Scream Queen, her name is. Do you know her?

BB: Never heard of her.

NEMI: She used to be in a band, back in the 90's: Scare Tactics. They put us in touch with some great people: Arnold Burnsteel, Bruce, a few nameless others. We've been very fortunate.

BB: Speaking of the elusive Mr Wayne: what's he like in person, girls?

TG: He ain't so tough. I could take him.

NEMI: You wish! He's quite dreamy in the flesh, Bumpy. Gorgeous. I wonder if he likes metal...?

DELIRIUM: And he's Batman. He's a nice man.

TG: Hahaha!! WHAT?! That's a good one, mate! Batman...has anyone ever told you you're a total nutter, Delirium?

BB: You do seem to have quite an imagination. Which brings me to my last question: where do you picture yourselves in five years' time?

TG: Loaded! Wasted! Famous!

NEMI: I hope we're still doing this, that would be amazing.

I turn to ask Delirium, but she has already left - in her place is a bunch of multi-coloured balloons. They quiver for a second in the air, before a gust of winds calls them out into the street.

The Verti-GoGo's new album "Synesthesia" is out now. The first single, "Butterflies (Killing Your Face)" will be released next week.

#1 Posted by wildvine (8361 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you. i needed a laugh. And i mean that in the best possible way. : )

#2 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg ---- this is just amazing - so jelly you got to interview them?!!!! Like, they are my most favouritest band in like, EVAR! I listen to "Dissection, it's All I ever Wanted!" and the classic Hank anthem, "We Got the Beast!" every single day. In fact, its on full blast right now! WOOOO!

Good times, good times -- can't wait to catch " Butterflies (Killing Your Face)" next week. The leaked version on YouTube doesn't do enough justice to and Michael Buble's sampling of the track is way too scary....

#3 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Thank you. i needed a laugh. And i mean that in the best possible way. : )

^_^ Thank you!

@lykopis said:

Omg ---- this is just amazing - so jelly you got to interview them?!!!! Like, they are my most favouritest band in like, EVAR! I listen to "Dissection, it's All I ever Wanted!" and the classic Hank anthem, "We Got the Beast!" every single day. In fact, its on full blast right now! WOOOO!

Good times, good times -- can't wait to catch " Butterflies (Killing Your Face)" next week. The leaked version on YouTube doesn't do enough justice to and Michael Buble's sampling of the track is way too scary....

I can try an get you an autograph next time XD

#4 Posted by SC (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

This is extraordinarily dangerous as far as wickedly cool things go. Now I sort of want a Nemi interview every week, was very fun to read. Thank you.  

Moderator
#5 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo:this is absolutely wonderful....

Moderator
#6 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

This is extraordinarily dangerous as far as wickedly cool things go. Now I sort of want a Nemi interview every week, was very fun to read. Thank you.

@The Poet said:

@BumpyBoo:this is absolutely wonderful....

Thank you both so much, I was really nervous posting this!

#7 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: After a couple of hours on Paint.Net, it is safe to say that there will be more. I'm in too deep!

#8 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: WOW! awesome werk

#9 Posted by SC (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
@BumpyBoo:  Thats great, and definitely inspiring too, I sort of want to photoshop my own fantasy band together now **red** 
Moderator
#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC:

Oh my God do it! It's so much fun :D

#11 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@BumpyBoo:this is absolutely wonderful....

Agreed. This is arguably (if you're a total idiot) as good as my Gah. But only if you're a total idiot. If you're normal, you'll know that this is better!

#12 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy:

Wow, thank you! I thought this was dead XD

#13 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy:

Wow, thank you! I thought this was dead XD

To be fair, most of what you write will be better than Gah! There is fiction, and then there is word of the day toilet paper, and there there is Gah!. Gah! lies at the bottom of the bottomless pit. Just ask

#14 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: What is it? Is it on here?

#15 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

#17 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

#18 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Moderator
#19 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Shh...I think I trapped her.

#20 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

e@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Shh...I think I trapped her.

*cough* Still here.... :P

Wish me luck, I'm going in!

#21 Edited by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

e@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Shh...I think I trapped her.

*cough* Still here.... :P

Wish me luck, I'm going in!

Goodbye!

This must be what lei kung feels like when he sends someone in to fight the dragon

#22 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

e@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Shh...I think I trapped her.

*cough* Still here.... :P

Wish me luck, I'm going in!

Goodbye!

This must be what lei kung feels like when he sends someone in to fight the dragon

*Points finger*

It was you two. You condemned me to my fate. If I don't come back....it was you.

#23 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

e@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Shh...I think I trapped her.

*cough* Still here.... :P

Wish me luck, I'm going in!

Goodbye!

This must be what lei kung feels like when he sends someone in to fight the dragon

*Points finger*

It was you two. You condemned me to my fate. If I don't come back....it was you.

Blame Poet!

#24 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@BumpyBoo said:

*Points finger*

It was you two. You condemned me to my fate. If I don't come back....it was you.

Blame Poet!

What did I do? You were the one who wrote the stories and dared mention the name of the "series"...I think you should get the blame!

Moderator
#25 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

@BumpyBoo said:

*Points finger*

It was you two. You condemned me to my fate. If I don't come back....it was you.

Blame Poet!

What did I do? You were the one who wrote the stories and dared mention the name of the "series"...I think you should get the blame!

I think he should be banned :P For framing a moderator.

#26 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

Blame Poet!

What did I do? You were the one who wrote the stories and dared mention the name of the "series"...I think you should get the blame!

I think he should be banned :P For framing a moderator.

Too much paper work...

Moderator
#27 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

Blame Poet!

What did I do? You were the one who wrote the stories and dared mention the name of the "series"...I think you should get the blame!

I think he should be banned :P For framing a moderator.

Too much paper work...

Oh, you are so in on it! ;) CONSPIRACY!!

#28 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@The Poet said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

Blame Poet!

What did I do? You were the one who wrote the stories and dared mention the name of the "series"...I think you should get the blame!

I think he should be banned :P For framing a moderator.

Too much paper work...

Oh, you are so in on it! ;) CONSPIRACY!!

No conspiracy here folks, go about your regular business...err...

(S**t. She knows too much! GET HER!)

#29 Posted by wildvine (8361 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy said:

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy said:

e@BumpyBoo said:

@CapFanboy: How bad can it be?

Depends...I'll leave you to read them. If you show up to my place with a gun and a bottle of anti-depressants, I'll know how bad it can be.

HOW BAD CAN IT BE? Those are some famous last words. Been nice knowing ya.

Shh...I think I trapped her.

*cough* Still here.... :P

Wish me luck, I'm going in!

Good luck.

#30 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE!!!

#31 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules:

Awww, thanks very much :D

#32 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: Still waiting for their Second single...

#33 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@UnderDogs_OverBoard said:

@BumpyBoo: Still waiting for their Second single...

You can expect an album review VERY soon :P

#34 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: NICE!

That Means I get a free copy right?

Niice

#35 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: @The Poet said:

@BumpyBoo:this is absolutely wonderful....

#36 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@andrewtheking: Thank you very much!

^_^

#37 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: I really need to post my band/team/ghost hunters .

#38 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@andrewtheking: Yeah, do it, definitely! It's a lot of fun. Also sounds intriguing...

^_^

#39 Posted by batkevin74 (10415 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: This is good, lot of fun to read

Online
#40 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

#41 Posted by wildvine (8361 posts) - - Show Bio

This is were the magic began....

#42 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: What a pal :D