batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Rated M, all owned by DC, based on & around the events of Knightfall in this slight changing of history.

“BATMAN IS NO MORE!” yelled Bane as he held the battered body of Batman above his head. “I HAVE DESTROYED HIM. I RULE THESE STREETS. I RULE GOTHAM! HERE IS YOUR HERO, YOUR PROTECTOR. TAKE HIM AND BURY HIM!”

With a mighty heave the Venom infused villain hurled Batman down to the street as one would toss away a bag of garbage. Bruce helplessly tumbled through the air, his limbs limp. He had four plans racing through his mind but his body just wouldn’t respond. As the city raced up to meet him. It was a random piece of dry wisdom from Alfred ran through his tired mind, ‘It’s not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end.’

No Caption Provided

Bane looked down at the prone defender of Gotham lying embedded in the sidewalk in a pool of blood. He felt as if a great weight had lifted from his shoulders.

Commissioner James Gordon twirled the cigarette through his fingers as he watched the Bat-signal burn a hole in the night’s sky. He hadn’t smoked for years but on a night like tonight the urge returned.

“Jim?”

He turned to his wife and smiled, slipping the cigarette into his pocket.

“It’s been three hours,” said Sarah as she sidled up to her husband and hugged him. She disliked Batman but her husband and commanding officer thought the world of him, and he was hurting; especially if the news from down town was true.

“I know. But it’s not just for him,” Jim said as he held her tight “They’re a cowardly and superstitious lot.”

Sarah gently kissed him on the cheek “Don’t be too long, it’ll be dawn soon.”

Jim watched her leave before turning back to the signal, slowly taking the cigarette out.

Nightwing looked at Robin’s face on the screen in the T-Jet “What?”

Tim’s voice quavered “He’s…dead.”

The original Robin exhaled deeply, “I’m on my way.”He clicked off the screen and turned to the Titans behind him. “I…I…”

“Go.” Starfire put a gentle finger on her fiancées lips “We can handle the Brotherhood.”

“Let’s go people!” yelled Arsenal as he ushered them off the T-Jet “That giant talking monkey won’t tie himself up!”

Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake, Jean-Paul Valley and Alfred Pennyworth stood around the body of the world’s greatest detective lying in state in the Batcave

“Oh god!” gasped Nightwing as he entered the room that many years ago he called home. He peeled away his domino mask and rushed to his mentor’s side. Alfred put a calming hand on him.

“Who did this?” growled Dick.

“Master Richard!” snapped Alfred “We have more pressing matters than petty revenge. With Master Bruce…with Master Bruce gone, we…” He couldn’t hold it in any longer and the man who was more than just the butler began to weep.

No Caption Provided

“…peating our breaking news; billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne was killed in a terrorist attack here in Gotham City. Members of the group Cell Six, who in the past had attempted to kidnap Wayne Enterprises CEO Lucius Fox, blew up Mr Wayne’s private jet on the tarmac for and I quote “crimes against the peoples of Hasaragua.” We go live to the scene with Tana Moon, Tana?”

Bane watched the television report, fingers pressed to his lips.

“Thanks Angela. As you can see behind me fire crews are still putting out the burning shell of Mr Wayne’s plane. Reports say a luggage train packed with explosives drove under the plane; others say it was a rocket attack. Either way it’s a mess down here! The chaos to flight plans, not to mention the loss of one of Gotham’s favourite sons.”

“So where is Bruce Wayne?”

“Mr Wayne was taken to Gotham General by airport EMTs but pronounced dead on arrival.”

Bird looked at his boss “Whose gonna get all his money?”

Bane looked up at his minion, “Yes, who indeed.”

“I feel dirty,” said Jean-Paul Valley as he scrubbed the Roman numeral off his forehead.

“It’s the best way to protect Bruce’s legacy,” replied Tim “But I don’t feel great about it. Better than trying to push his Porsche into a ravine.”

Barbara rolled after Nightwing as he headed for the Batmobile. “Dick. DICK!”

“What?”

“Where are you going?” she asked gently.

“I am going to find this Bane guy and…”

“And what? Kill him?” Barbara took his hand.

There was a sudden swooshing of air in the cave when Superman, clad in black with a silver S upon his chest, landed in the cave. “I came as soon as I could. I…I don’t know quite what to say.”

Nightwing looked at the man of steel “You can help me find the man who did this.”

“I don’t think you’ll have to go too far Master Richard,” said Alfred on the monitor from upstairs “He’s here.”

“What?”

“If everyone would come upstairs in some appropriate attire, you will see exactly what I mean.”

Bane stood before the throng of reporters camped at the gates of Wayne Manor, a broad smile on his face. First I took his life, he thought, and now I shall take everything he has. He held up a piece of paper.

“My name is Diego Wayne,” he said “I am the bastard son of Thomas Wayne and the sole heir to the Wayne fortune. I have a copy of Bruce’s last will and testament which proves my claims.”

“Mr Wayne! Mr Wayne!” the dozens of journalists barked for his attention as cameras flashed and lens poked their way into his space for the best shots.

Bane pointed at Tana Moon “Yes young lady.”

“Tana Moon, WGBS. Mr Wayne, you seemingly crawl out of the woodwork during this tragic time to claim the not even cold billions. Are you responsible for Bruce Wayne’s death?”

Bane smiled “What a terrible thing to ask Ms Moon.”

To maybe be continued...

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

I have to say, you just broke this chapter. =P

Nice one.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop

I would hate the idea of this, except that it means those crap fights with the nine martial arts masters, that came when Bruce was preparing for his comeback, never happen. :)

Well written as always. I liked the Jim Gordon scene best.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bystander

Great writing man! The best scenes were the one with Gordon and the one in the Batcave.

Make more of this)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I like the ending. It would be interesting if Bane took his own approach to Batman's mission.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah the retraining with armless, legless and the others (plus bad art) annoyed me also.

They were ridiculously short, like the fights in the Elektra or Ghost Rider movies, and hardly seemed martial arts-y at all. I was highly disappointed with Knights End. My only real problem with this little ditty of yours is that it's Bane who kills Batman. That's as bad as Doomsday killing Superman. :{

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: But just running off the whole Knightfall storyline, Batman's just been run ragged by every villain in his gallery, then Bane breaks into his house and beats him senseless, then breaks his spine and thenthrows him off a building into the street. In the comics Batman bounced off an awning, which is why he probably survived. In my world it was a straight plunge to the street. Judging by the scan below its about 60ft Batman falls. That's enough to kill someone, even a paralysed Batman

No Caption Provided
@wildvine said:
@batkevin74 said:

@wildvine: Stop reading my mind!

What, and come up with my own ideas? No way!

Ha ha :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oh, no doubt it makes sense. I just hate the idea of a newer villain taking out the heroes. It offends my sense of nostalgia. lol

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Well the old guys had their chance and muffed it! Via la Bane! :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers