eBook Experience?

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Just curious if anyone here has put out an eBook. I write quite a bit, no fan-fiction so I rarely post stuff. The other day I did some research and it seems fairly simple going through Amazon KDP. Just looking for some insight and if anyone's has some tips or whatnot.

Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong place. Couldn't decide between dropping it here or Off-Topic.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I think @joygirl may have some experience here, could be wrong though :/

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I tried the ePubbing thing and while I've heard it works for some people, it did nothing for me. It wasn't worth the Amazon exclusivity. If you can make it work, more power to you, make sure to tell me what you did. :P

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: 'nothing' as in not the number of sales you were looking for or something else?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@doomdoomdoom: No sales, no comments, no ratings, nothing, they just went totally unnoticed. Amazon's promotional options kind of suck, and pretty much amount to "Give it away for free! That will help somehow!"

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Sorry to hear that. I'm convinced I would have to do something to get the word out, but on a budget of nothing I'm not sure what.