Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateOne-ShotViewRead the...
    01/04/15Eblogated Man(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
    RatingRating Explanation
    EParody fun for everyone
    Intro:
    I currently have 289 blog posts on CV- more if you count the couple hundred blogs I did as lists. I was going through old character notes last night, when I was reminded of Eblogated Man- my twenty-first blog post to the site. It's not especially epic- just me having fun- but I deleted it somewhere along the way. So I thought I'd re-post it here for nostalgia's sake, and because really, Eblogated Man could have no other home than Comic Vine. -cb

After twenty blog entries on his favorite website, Colin Dibs found himself in a unique set of circumstances. Swinging on a Comic Vine, while drinking his special geekgold formula (a special extract from the famed, fabled Iced Tree - strange, surviving plant of the brewed planet Lypton), Colin was bitten by a radioactive blogging bug, and found that he had the proportionate speed and strength of a blogger, able to stretch any idea into a full length blog entry. His special blogger sense warning him of impending blog ideas, Colin's nose will twitch, as he proclaims, "I smell a blog topic!" Thus, the Eblogated Man was born!

Operating on his Blogputer from his secret Blogcave, the Eblogated Man travels the information superhighway in his special Blogmobile, aka the Thumbler, which looks like a computer mouse. Probably his greatest weapon is his bloggerang. It doesn't really do anything, but it sounds cool. Really, just say it aloud: bloggerang. Fun, isn't it? It's one power seems to be stopping unwanted conversations. The Worldwide Webcrawler is always on the case, pushing his blogger sense to the limits, looking for the next blog topic. His greatest weakness is boredom, and he has found that he is highly allergic to bull... uh... baloney. Recurring enemies include Flamewarriors of the planet Moron, and DD. Not Daredevil, just DD - a woman whose super powers seem to be her giant... distracting... distractions.

Known associates include: The Silicon Surfer - master of the marvelous Motherboard! The Blue Blogger - nimble, acrobatic mind of the Blogosphere, operating from his fantastic Blogship! The Moderators - special Guardians of the Bloggerverse and friends of the forums! And of course, The Marshmallow Manhunter - no real blogging parallel here; I just thought that his weakness to flames would make more sense that way.

So tune in next time, forum fans, for the continuing adventures of the Eblogated Man!

Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cb

Story and characters owned by Chris Bishop, copyright 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
    OC Names:
    Characters:
    • Blue Blogger, The
    • DD
    • Dibs, Colin (aka Eblogated Man; Worldwide Webcrawler, The)
    • Marshmallow Manhunter, The
    • Silicon Surfer, The
    Concepts:
    • Blogger Sense
    • Blogosphere
    Locations:
    • Blogcave
    • Lypton
    • Moron
    Objects:
    • Bloggerang
    • Blogging Bug
    • Blogmobile (aka Thumbler)
    • Blogputer
    • Blogship
    • Geekgold
    • Iced Tree
    • Motherboard
    Teams:
    • Flamewarriors
    • Moderators, The (aka Guardians of the Bloggerverse)
    Comic Characters used in this fic:
    Name Parodies of these DC:
    Heroes:
    Locations:
    Objects:
    Teams:
    Name Parodies of these Marvel:
    Concepts:
    Heroes:
    Objects:
    • radioactive spider
    • Silver Surfer's Surfboard
    .Fic-O-Pedia: cbishop. (My library of fics)Fic #060

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    Why this story?

I often ask myself the same thing. It was just whimsy, and pure parody fun. The only real wordplay name in here is Colin Dibs from "[I'm] callin' dibs." The rest of it was just stuff I came up with on the fly. Which honestly, after wordplay-name characters, the ones I come up with on the fly are my next favorites. They're often whimsical with names that imply everything you need to know about them. That's very Silver Age to me, and most often, you'll never see much more about them than a mention. They're just me having fun.

Thanks again.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: I was inches away from saying "typo" when it became apart I'd misread it and this ISN'T an eLONGated man FF but something else, yet similar :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop
    ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Ha Ha hilarious, I assume Autocorrect is also a constant foe of his, seems to be the foe of mine

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop

@impurestcheese: That would be a funny thing! It was certainly a foe when I was searching Google to see if the original blog could be found- it kept saying, "Did you mean elongated man?" lol :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@cbishop: Yep Auto Correct is akin to uh crud there is no devil figure in Wicca

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.