#1 Edited by Project_Worm (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 5  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

(Mt. Justice – Justice Cave)

"What were you thinking?" Dinah shouted.

"That it would be fun. Which it was. Until Tommy drove out the ceiling anyway." Allie slumped down in the chair. "Ok, so I wasn't thinking very much."

"You know how volatile Tommy can be! You honestly didn't think that he would pull a stunt like this?"

"Nope."

"Well he did, and now you have not only compromised his safety, but ours as well. Tommy could lead Apokolips right to us!"

"Want me and Q to looking for him? I doubt he got far." Allie suggested.

"No, we aren't digging this hole any deeper. Tommy made his choice, and now he's on his own." Dinah shook her head and turned away.

"Are you kidding me? So you're just going to stand around while he might be getting killed right now?" Allie stood up, suddenly angry.

"Well what else can we do, Allie? It wouldn't do Tommy any good for us to go out and get ourselves killed too."

"So you're just going to give up?" There was silence, and finally turned away, storming off toward her room. "You know, Tommy was right mom. You are a coward."

Dinah breathed a heavy sigh and walked off toward her room too.

"It was partly my fault." Quinton stated. Dinah jumped, because she hadn't even realized that he was in the room.

"What…? Sorry Q, I wasn't really listening."

"It was stupid of me to help out with Allie's plan. I'm supposed to be the smart one, I should have known better."

"It isn't you're fault Q. If anything, it's mine."

"How so?"

"Something Tommy said… he's never even seen the sun." Dinah shook her head. "I kept you all so sheltered because I didn't see any other alternative… I still don't, to tell you the truth. But this life might not have been the best solution."

"I'm ok with it."

"Q, I can't see things turning out well from here."

"I know. If Tommy comes back here, there's very little chance that he won't be followed. He could lead an entire army to us. And if he just gets caught… I've read enough books on Apokolips to know that they won't just kill him. They'll get him to spill everything first."

"Yeah. Quinton…" Dinah looked at him, a very serious glare in her eyes. "If anything happens… you're in charge."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean I'll do whatever I have to." Dinah then disappeared into her room.

(Ruins of Gotham City – Lower East Side)

Jesse West walked the streets carefully, keeping an eye out for any sign of the secret police. He could outrun a few of them, no problem. But once they started grouping up on him, there was no escape.

He preferred to stay out of cities, but he was hungry. Finally, he spotted a delivery truck headed an orphanage. Just what he had been looking for. Trucks occasionally brought food the orphanages. Only just enough food to keep the children alive, nothing more and sometimes less.

He zoomed over to the truck faster than the eye could see, and rammed a chunk of broken glass into the front tire. Soon the truck came to a halt, and the Apokoliptian delivery guy stepped out. Jesse was already gone. The guy began examining the tire, and while he was finding the problem, Jesse sprinted into the back and got all the disgusting looking, tasteless slop he could jam into his pockets. Then in a blur, he was back outside. He shot the delivery guy a smart-alicky glance and said, "Flat tires suck, don't they?" And continued on his way.

Then he heard a noise behind him, and turned to see a secret police agent behind him.

"Hey buddy, what's the big deal? I got my ID right here." Jesse pulled down his sleeve, revealing a thick black identification tattoo.

The police drone converted its arm into a blade, and slashed one of the pockets on Jesse's silk sports jacket. Chunks of the stolen orphanage food plopped onto the ground. "Oh, that…" Jesse took a step back. "Funny story, you see-" Jesse grabbed the drone's throat and sent a powerful vibration through his hand, destroying the circuitry in the drone's head. It fell to the ground smoking. Jesse could already here more on their way.

"Figures." Jesse brushed back his spiky red hair and then broke into a super-fast sprint, headed toward his sanctuary.

Within seconds he had reached a cliff side on the other end of the city. He pulled away a fake rock and climbed into the entrance, sliding the boulder back into place. Then he flashed down the dark tunnel and exited out into the cave he had discovered years ago. He flicked a light on and prepared to relax, when he heard footsteps approaching…

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth In Chains - Part 7

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Kid-Flash! Awesome addition!

#3 Posted by The Impersonator (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

A flashy chapter! :D

#4 Posted by Project_Worm (2872 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator:  
Glad you like it. 
#5 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh so wonderful!!!

It keeps getting better and better and BETTER!

#6 Posted by batkevin74 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

"So you're just going to give up?" There was silence, and finally turned away, storming off toward her room. "You know, Tommy was right mom. You are a coward."

Ouch!

Nice work, it builds and builds and gets better. Great dialog and now a new character