#1 Edited by Project_Worm (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 4  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1

(Ruins of Gotham City – About an Hour Later)

Tommy walked quickly through the streets, his hood pulled down over his eyes. But he still glanced under it at all the starving, ill, dying citizens. The average citizen of Earth now that Apokolips was in control.

"Identification Please." An automated voice said behind him. Tommy whipped around so see a drone of some sort floating behind him. "Identification Please." It repeated.

"Oh, uh… Tommy Gray."

"Name: Tommy Gray- Not Registered." It's clawed arm then shot out and grabbed his right arm, pulling it up. The drone then scanned Tommy's wrist."No Identification Tattoo. Prepare for Execution ."

The drone fired a laser straight at Tommy's face from point blank range! He ducked just in time and jerked his arm forward with the drone still grabbing onto it. He smashed the drone into the ruined asphalt beneath his feet several times before it let go. He then kicked the drone like a football and sent it spiraling to the curb.

Then the next thing Tommy new, there were laser pointers buzzing around his torso. He looked around the crowd and saw that many of the hooded citizens were actually Apokolip's secret police, assassin drones that disguised themselves as humans and killed anything that was out of the ordinary.

"Damn it I hate robots." Tommy grumbled.

He fired a grapple upwards just before they opened fire. The grapple latched onto a floating eye drone above, which constantly reported what was happening in the streets to Darkseid.

Tommy pulled upward as the secret police fired, causing a few of them to shoot each other. He planted his foot on the eye drone's camera and leapt off backward, doing a flip and landing on a ruined building.

Several of the assassin drones had activated rocket thrusters in their feet, and were flying after Tommy, blasting at him the whole way.

Tommy sprinted, jumping from rooftop to rooftop and continually swerved around to avoid being fried. Occasionally he would hurl a batarang out behind him and strike a drone, but this did little more than slow them down by a couple seconds.

Two more drones came around in front of Tommy. He immediately ceased running and jumped downward, crashing through an old skylight. He landed in the top floor of a building and grappled out the window, flying out underneath the drones. He tossed two baterangs up at them as he sailed under them, and with perfect precision slashed their necks.

The force caused them to whir around and blast each other. Tommy rolled through into the next building and ducked behind an old rotting desk. For a moment, he thought he was safe, until a cold metallic hand shot up through the floor and grabbed his ankle! It ripped Tommy through the decaying floor, and threw him straight through a wall! The entire building began to collapse. Tommy made a break for it and smashed through a small window, falling into the streets as the building crumbled behind him. He landed forcefully on a dumpster, denting the lid.

"Ah!" Tommy screamed, almost certain the fall had cracked a few ribs. He was lucky that was all it had done. He rolled off the dumpster and heard the sound of more thrusters nearing him. "Seriously…?" He huffed. He stood up with no where to go, and angrily struck the wall behind him. Chunks of brick began to crumble away from his strike, and he saw an image behind the brick wall… a dark image, with some sort of line visible.

"What the hell?" Tommy took out a batarang and quickly began hacking away at the brick, which luckily came off with ease. Behind it was steel elevator door, with a bat symbol painted on.

The sound of the thrusters was getting louder. The drones were almost there. "Guess this is my best shot." Tommy pried open the door, and walked into the dark elevator, the door closing behind him.

A faint light bulb flickered to life. The elevator had no buttons or anything, it was just a large steel box. Then scanner of some sort scanned over Tommy's body.

"Subject: Recognized. Name: Unavailable. Authorization: Permitted. Beginning descent." An automated voice announced. Suddenly the elevator plummeted downward at unbelievable speed, throwing Tommy up against the cold steel ceiling. The moment the elevator came to a stop, he fell but managed to land on his feet. The doors opened slowly, and Tommy stepped out into complete darkness.

"Great. Now I'm lost and blind."

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth In Chains - Part 6

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I like where this is going....

#3 Posted by The Impersonator (5718 posts) - - Show Bio

Another great chapter!

#4 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

This is another great piece, Project! I am so excited! Perhaps, we are discovering who Tommy's father is? Maybe? Or perhaps an old family friend to be introduced once again? ^-^

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: Nice, so he is the child of Batman & Barda? Or Orion & Barbara Gordon? :) Really liked this bit @Project_Worm said:

"Name: Tommy Gray- Not Registered." It's clawed arm then shot out and grabbed his right arm, pulling it up. The drone then scanned Tommy's wrist."No Identification Tattoo. Prepare for Execution"

The drone fired a laser straight at Tommy's face from point blank range! He ducked just in time and jerked his arm forward with the drone still grabbing onto it. He smashed the drone into the ruined asphalt beneath his feet several times before it let go. He then kicked the drone like a football and sent it spiraling to the curb.
#6 Posted by Project_Worm (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Glad you like it. Ah your theories, I would tell you if you were right if it wasn't for the fact that even after 20 parts I still have been dodging it...

#7 Posted by batkevin74 (11276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: Ahh keep it a mystery. Sometimes the true is anticlimactic compared to the wild and crazy ramblings of speculation. You could make him the son of two normal everyday Gotham police officers, Angus & Wendy Gray. Nothing special just normal parents, like most of us. :)

#8 Posted by dngn4774 (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

Tommy stumbles into the batcave and the chapter just cuts out. You tease...XD!