#1 Edited by Project_Worm (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't actually planing on making a part 3 but i started writing and couldn't stop (which is why its so long) any way, I hope everyone likes this. This Fan-Fic is rated T,  also if you haven't checked it out here is  Earth In Chains 2  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1

(Justice Cave – Training Room)

Tommy Gray stood in the holographic arena, fighting holographic images of villains. He had been doing this for a few hours now, blowing off steam. Just as he was punching Gorilla Grodd in the nose, the images faded. The machine had been turned off.

"What the hell?" Tommy turned around angrily and saw that it was Diana who had deactivated the machine.

"Watch your mouth Tommy." She said, walking toward him. "You seem really agitated lately. Even more so than normal. Care to tell me what's wrong?"

"Not really." Tommy looked away from her.

"Come on, you can talk to me."

"I know I can. The issue here is that I don't want to."

"You sound a lot like your father." She grinned slightly. "I'm just not sure if that's a good thing."

"I'd help you figure it out if I knew who my father was. Either of my parents, really."

"Huh… I'm sorry Tommy."

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because they didn't want you to know."

"Well they aren't here!"

"Tommy-"

"I deserve to know, Dinah!"

"I'm not disagreeing with you. But I respect them too much to tell you the truth. It was your father's dying wish that you never found out who he was, so that you could have a normal life."

"Yeah, because spending my entire life locked up in a cave is really normal."

"If you're anything like him, you'll find out yourself someday." She smiled.

"What does that even mean?"

"You'll understand someday."

"Someday… I am so sick of hearing that word! Someday we'll be able to go outside and not worry about being slaughtered! Someday I'll be able to actually see the sun! Someday I'll understand everything! Well guess what Dinah, 'someday' is never going to come! So about we make it today?"

"I know this isn't the life you want. None of us want this."

"Quinton seems pretty happy with it."

"Quinton is a freak. Don't tell him I said that though."

"No promises."

"My point is that we have to make do with what we have, and wait for things to get better."

"But things won't get better if we just sit around and do nothing! Am I the only one who understands that?"

"No. God, no, Tommy. You think I don't know that? If I had even the slightest idea what to do, I would. But right now, there's nothing that we can do."

"We can try. But you're too afraid of that, aren't you?"

"Tommy-"

"No. I'm done talking to you. Please, just leave me alone."

"Ok. For now." Dinah then left. Tommy turned on the combat simulator again, and no sooner than it was on, it switched off again.

"Are you kidding me?" Tommy spun around. This time it was Allie who had turned off the machine. "What do you want? Are you going to try and give me a pep talk too?" Tommy yelled.

"Come on out, Mr. Sunshine. I have a surprise for you."

"I hate surprises."

"What don't you hate?"

"Good point." Tommy stepped out of the simulator reluctantly. "What is it?"

"Come on."

"Where are we going?"

"I told you it's a surprise."

"Allie, this had better not be some sort of stupid birthday party you guys threw together."

"No, you would probably commit suicide if we did that."

"You know me too well."

"Hurry up, will you Sunshine? Q won't be able to keep my mom distracted forever."

"How does Q plan to distract Dinah?" Tommy asked skeptically.

Suddenly there was a huge explosion from the other end of the cave, followed by the sound of Dinah screaming, "Quinton! What the hell did you do?"

"Probably something involving that explosion." Allie shrugged. "Now come on!"

First Allie reached her room and opened the door. "Come on in."

"Why?" Tommy took a step back.

"Dude, it's not like I'm going to molest you or anything." Allie rolled her eyes. "I just need to pick something up from here before we can get to your big surprise."

Allie slept in Green Arrow's old room, which looked simple at first glance. But Allie had found plenty of Playboy magazines hidden throughout the room over the years. She had given those to Quinton.

One of the secret hiding places she had discovered was a secret compartment in the wall, behind the bed frame. She pulled the bed away and opened up the compartment, reaching in side. "I stole this from my mom this morning." She grinned, pulling out a key.

"A key? That's my big surprise?"

"No stupid. This is how we get into your surprise.'

They then continued on to the other end of the cave, until they reached a large doorway that they had never been allowed to go through before. Dinah had explained that the doorway led higher up into the mountain, to an area that Darkseid's forces had ransacked. Luckily they had never found the entrance into the lower level, but Dinah never allowed the kids to go up any higher, saying that they could be caught there.

"Wait, you mean that key…" Tommy almost smiled. Almost.

"Yup. We finally get to find out why my moms so paranoid about us seeing what's up there."

"You sure about this Allie?"

"Come on Tommy, where's your sense of adventure?"

"I'm not saying I have doubts, I'm making sure you really want to go through with it."

"Well in that case, I'm offended that you even need to ask." She laughed and opened up the door. After climbing the stairs, she and Tommy came out into a massive dome-shaped room. It was filled with hundreds of trophies from battles, as well as weapons and tools used by the League.

"Whoa…" Allie looked around.

"This place must have served as both a trophy room and an armory. No wonder Dinah didn't want us up here, imagine the kind of stuff we could find." Tommy moved around the room, looking at the many implements of destruction.

"Tommy! Look at this!" Allie yelled, and he moved over to her. His eyes widened when he saw what she was looking at. Costumes. The costumes of every member of the Justice League, in glass display cases. Most of them were damaged, torn and tattered, but still incredible to see in person.

"My mom must have put these on display after the invasion." Allie remarked.

"Yeah, probably an honorary thing. Kind of like a memorial to the fallen heroes." Tommy agreed.

Allie found the Green Arrow suit, which was placed under a special light. Flowers lay at the foot of the display case. Dinah must have put them there. "My dad." Allie ran her hand down the glass.

"Wonder if my dad was anybody in here." Tommy said absently. "Probably not."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, I don't think I'm a League kid. I mean, look at you and Q. You inherited your mom's sonic scream, and Q… well he's like a half-Italian Question. But I don't have anything like that."

"You could be Batman's kid or something?" Allie suggested.

"No." Tommy looked at the Batman suit. "I don't know how… but I know that there is no way in hell he was my dad."

"Whatever." Allie shrugged and returned her focus to the Green Arrow suit. Soon she had retrieved his bow and his entire arsenal of arrows, and started shooting at flies buzzing around the ceiling. Sure enough, she was a crack shot.

"Wonderful." Tommy muttered. "She got the best from both parents." He pulled out his knife. "And all I have is this."

Tommy had always had a jet black bowie knife. Dinah told him that it was a gift from his father. Then a small, crazy idea began to form in Tommy's mind.

Looking over to make sure Allie was distracted, he went through the nearest wing of the armory, Batman's section, and started loading up on weapons. He took a utility belt and filled it with some baterangs, a battle pole, and some smoke pellets. Then he slid two grapples onto each wrist. He pulled a leather jacket from one of the trophy cases, probably taken from a villain at some point, and slid it on over his black hoody. He also slid on two black gloves from the collection, and ran toward the bat cycle, sat prominently on display in the center of the room.

"Hope there's gas in this thing." He muttered, turning the key in the ignition. The machine roared to life. Tommy grinned and pulled up his hood, and then eyed a large hole in the ceiling left from Darkseid's raid.

"Tommy?" Allie turned around. "What are you doing?"

"Bye Allie." Tommy said loudly before shooting out a grapple and using it to pull down a large display case, which landed on an angle over a smaller one. Tommy drove forward and used it as a ramp, and sailed straight through the hole in the ceiling!

"Wait! Tommy!" He heard Allie screaming, but soon she could no longer be heard. Tommy landed the bike and began driving down the winding path around the mountain.

"I'm sick of doing nothing." He grumbled. "It's time I got a taste of the real world."

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Here is Earth In Chains - Part 4

#2 Edited by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

"Allie, this had better not be some sort of stupid birthday party you guys threw together."

"No, you would probably commit suicide if we did that."

"You know me too well."

^ The quote about made me extremely happy, I could help but literally laugh out loud.

I am not sure if these characters and their traits are your creation or if they ALL do belong to DC Comics, but I don't know who they are and I am intrigued and quite curious! I am loving this, Project! Also, not like it REALLY matters, but the link says Part 2 ^-^

#3 Posted by Project_Worm (3390 posts) - - Show Bio
@KisserNe:  
Thank you very much! It's good to know that someone besides myself is enjoying this. All the children are "original" characters. Also renamed the link.
#4 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm:

You're quite welcome! That's awesome, I can not wait to read the next part. Do you mind if I put this in my thread (the Feedback Joint)? :)

#5 Posted by Project_Worm (3390 posts) - - Show Bio
@KisserNe:  
I wouldn't mind at all. :)
#6 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome!!

#7 Posted by Project_Worm (3390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Guardiandevil83:  
Thanks man!
#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

This story is so, so awesome.

And I was kinda hoping his dad would be Batman, but I guess not! =P

#9 Posted by The Impersonator (5383 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job!

#10 Posted by batkevin74 (10598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

"What the hell?" Tommy turned around angrily and saw that it was Diana who had deactivated the machine.

"Watch your mouth Tommy." She said, walking toward him. "You seem really agitated lately. Even more so than normal. Care to tell me what's wrong?"

"Not really." Tommy looked away from her.

"Come on, you can talk to me."

"I know I can. The issue here is that I don't want to."

"You sound a lot like your father." She grinned slightly. "I'm just not sure if that's a good thing."

"I'd help you figure it out if I knew who my father was. Either of my parents, really."

"Huh… I'm sorry Tommy."

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because they didn't want you to know."

"Well they aren't here!"

"Tommy-"

"I deserve to know, Dinah!"

I think you've made a tiny error with Diana and Dinah. Otherwise this is really good. The story is progressing along nicely. This was my favourite bit @Project_Worm said:

"Well, I don't think I'm a League kid. I mean, look at you and Q. You inherited your mom's sonic scream, and Q… well he's like a half-Italian Question. But I don't have anything like that."

"You could be Batman's kid or something?" Allie suggested.

"No." Tommy looked at the Batman suit. "I don't know how… but I know that there is no way in hell he was my dad."

"Whatever."

#11 Posted by Project_Worm (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Whoops! :O Thanks for pointing that out man, It's been out for so long and I'm pretty sure you were the first to notice.

#12 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

i just started reading this its badass dude that whole knife thing makes me think its jason todds kid

#13 Posted by Project_Worm (3390 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik: Glad you like it bro, and that is very possible...

#14 Posted by dngn4774 (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

It's okay if Tommy doesn't know who his dad is. He's still a badass.