#1 Posted by Project_Worm (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

Ladies and gentlemen! I give you Part 20 of E.I.C. Think about it like the end of season 1 (volume 1) 'cause from here on it's going to be BIGGER and BETTER! Hope you enjoy! :D This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains 19 If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1

There was absolute silence. "Yeah," Ricochet continued, "Darkseid was quoted with saying that you were extremely dangerous. Any idea why?"

"Not a clue." Tommy shook his head.

"Then he must know something about you that you don't."

"Holy crap. Who did you say your parents were again?" Jesse raised a shocked eyebrow.

"I don't know. Before Dinah died, she told me to go to E-Light and find out who I am. I don't know what she means by that. I don't even know what E-Light is." Tommy sighed.

"E-Light? Never heard of it." Jesse agreed.

"I have." Ricochet said in a not-so-surprised tone. "It's a slang term used by most of Darkseid's agents here on Earth."

"Slang for what?" Quinton inquired.

"You guys ever heard of Brainiac?" He asked.

"No." Jesse answered.

"Nope." Was Tommy's answer.

"I have." Quinton interjected. "Brainiac was one of the biggest villains the Justice League ever faced. He was most intelligent being in the universe. He was an alien subconscious in a robotic body, obsessed with obtaining all the knowledge that exists."

"Exactly." Ricochet nodded. "Well during the invasion, Brainiac tried to take over a bunch of Apokoliptian technology and take over everything for himself. Darkseid destroyed him, but saved all of the information stored in his mind. Brainiac's memory core serves as the primary modem for all of the Informational Relay Networks on Earth, constantly feeding information back and forth between Apokolips. That memory core contains almost limitless knowledge."

"So where is it?" Tommy demanded.

"I'm getting to that. It's located on the main relay station on Earth, which is kind of its own island. People call the place E-Light. You know, short for Enlightenment."

"Enlightenment?" Jesse echoed. "What's that?"

"The gaining of knowledge." Quinton explained.

"So, Dinah wanted me to go there… and access this memory core?" Tommy asked.

"Sounds that way. If you need information, E-Light is the place to get it." Ricochet nodded.

"Well if it can tell me who my parents are, then I'm in." Tommy clenched his fists.

"Limitless knowledge? Hell yes, I'm in too." Quinton added.

"I'm already in this deep; I might as well stick along for the ride." Jesse agreed.

"I'm sure Allie's in too, but we'll ask her when she wakes up." Tommy glared at Ricochet. "What about you? We could use your powers."

"If Darkseid thinks you're dangerous, then I want to know why. Plus, I need some info myself… so yes, I'll go." Ricochet stated. "But, there might be a problem with getting there."

"Why? You said it's on its own island right… where's the island?"

"You guys ever heard of Themyscira?" Ricochet questioned.

"Um… home of the Amazons, right?" Quinton recalled.

"Yeah. It's hidden in the Bermuda Triangle. When Darkseid invaded, legend has it that the Amazons all just disappeared. Apokolips used Themyscira to set up E-Light." Ricochet explained.

"The Bermuda Triangle? How in the hell are we supposed to get there?" Jesse asked what everyone was thinking.

"The area is heavily patrolled. Even if we could get a ship, it would be shot down in no time." Quinton pointed out.

"I might have an idea." Tommy piped in. "If we can't travel by air… I think I know a better alternative to get us through the water."

"What would that be, Tommy?" Jesse raised an eyebrow.

"A girl I met. Her name's Flo."

(Apokolips – Darkseid's Palace)

"Am I to understand that you failed me, Deathstroke?" Darkseid demanded.

"There were… unexpected complications, my lord." Deathstroke said nervously. "But, I did kill their guardian, Black Canary. Without her guidance, they should turn up in no time. I will not fail again."

"You have never failed before. So I will give you one final opportunity." Darkseid decided.

"Thank you, my lord. I will deploy search teams and-"

"Don't bother. The boy, the one they call Tommy, he still does not know who he is. They will go to Themyscira, to find Brainiac's memory core. I will supply with an army. Wait for them to arrive, and kill them immediately. I will also deploy elite squadrons, to avoid any other… mistakes."

"Thank you, my lord."

"And remember Deathstroke, I do not give third chances."

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

#2 Posted by The Impersonator (5555 posts) - - Show Bio

Otherwise, Deathstroke will be stroke to death. Great chapter by the way. =P

#3 Posted by Project_Worm (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator said:

Hahaha that's so incredibly cheesy. xD Glad you enjoyed it though.

#4 Posted by The Impersonator (5555 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

@The Impersonator said:

Hahaha that's so incredibly cheesy. xD Glad you enjoyed it though.

You're welcome. xP

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (10982 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

"I have." Quinton interjected. "Brainiac was one of the biggest villains the Justice League ever faced. He was most intelligent being in the universe. He was an alien subconscious in a robotic body, obsessed with obtaining all the knowledge that exists."

I would almost of loved it for Richocet to reply "Um no, wrong guy" and see Quinton have a brain snap :)

Excellent work, and still you dangle the carrot of Tommy's parentals! I should go back and check over my guesses. This chapters guess is Connor Hawke & Barbara Gordon coz Tommy can fight and I'm clutching at straws here! :)

#6 Posted by batkevin74 (10982 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm:

TELL ME WHO TOMMY'S PARENTS ARE????? :)

#7 Edited by dngn4774 (3219 posts) - - Show Bio

You started strong and ended even strong. I really admire your writing style.

#8 Edited by Project_Worm (3459 posts) - - Show Bio