Earth In Chains - Part 19

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

HELLO SOMEBODY! After a depressingly long absence, I have returned. I don't want to get into it to much but family issues coupled with computer problems kept me pretty occupied so I didn't have much time to get writing done. At first I wanted to wait to finish up my Iron Age Punisher and upload my three stories at once. But I could not wait anymore... So here it is, pretty long chapter hope you enjoy! :D This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains 18 If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1

More Hellhounds roared violently, leaping toward the new arrival.

"Stupid mutts." Ricochet pulled out about a dozen heavy steel marbles. There was a faint electrical noise, and then the marbles launched out of his hands like bullets! They each struck a different Hellhound, and destroyed the inner cores, causing them to fizzle out.

"How'd you do that?" Jesse gaped.

"I control magnetic fields. And let me give you a tip about fighting these mutts, aim for the little orbs in the center, usually located around the middle of their chest. It's the only way to kill them."

"Sounds good to me." Tommy whipped out a series of baterangs, killing many hellhounds. Allie joined in, shooting off arrows with pinpoint accuracy. Quinton shot off the energy javelin with practiced precision, and Jesse… threw more rocks.

After several minutes they had annihilated over a hundred attacking hellhounds, but they continued to come. More and more were filling into the area by the second.

"Damn, Apokolips is really determined to kill you guys." Ricochet shook his head. "I've never seen this many hellhounds in one place."

The hellhounds began breathing spouts of flame, shooting with impressive accuracy. Jesse started running straight up a tree, followed by several of the hellhounds, whose feet set the tree ablaze.

"Bad plan!" Jesse leapt off of the tree, and was bit in the leg by a group of hounds, causing him severe pain. He managed to vibrate out of their grip, and then arrows soared into the hellhound's chests, killing them. "Thanks beautiful." Jesse gave her thumbs up.

"You owe me." She smiled.

One damaged Quinton's javelin, destroying the laser. "That's not a good thing." Quinton backed away.

Tommy had almost run out of baterangs now, and was scrambling around to pick up ones he had thrown. "This isn't going well!" He yelled, staring at the multiple small burns he had obtained during the battle.

Ricochet was fending off a group of hellhounds on his own, when they simultaneously breathed waves of fire at him. Ricochet's eyes widened, and the steel marbles he was using dropped to the ground.

Jesse zoomed by and pulled him out of the way just in time. "Dude, what just happened? You get stage fright or something?"

"Heat and I don't really mix." Ricochet shook his head.

"What do you mean by that?"

"When a magnet is heated to a certain point, it loses its magnetism. Get it now?"

"I stopped listening after 'heated,' but whatever." Jesse zoomed off and continued fighting.

By now the whole forest was burning to cinders around them. Even the dying grass was now ablaze. The team was quickly running out of room to move, let alone fight.

"We're going to die, aren't we?" Jesse said grimly.

"Looks that way." Quinton nodded.

A fireball ripped out and struck both Jesse and Tommy down at once.

"No!" Allie screamed. Then Quinton was tackled and pulled into a cluster of hounds. More began closing in on her.

Tommy's vision blurred as he felt himself being torn apart by the hellhounds. He could feel his flesh melting, smell his own body cooking. This was a million times worse than being shot.

Everything turned red. And then there was ear-splitting, high pitched shriek. The hellhounds devouring him began to dematerialize. He sat up slowly, and saw that all the hellhounds were beginning to die around them. He cupped his ears, but they still bleed from the screech. Tommy glanced to Allie, and saw that the sound was coming from her.

Allie had released an enormous sonic scream, greater than anything her mother had ever produced. The scream caused the cores inside of the hellhounds to explode! Soon, they had all been destroyed.

It began to rain heavily, extinguishing the fires around them. Allie fell to her knees in a daze.

"Allie…" Tommy said after his senses had come back into focus. "You- you destroyed them all!"

"They pissed me off." She huffed, her voice incredibly weak. She began to fall, and Jesse caught her.

"That was amazing timing, beautiful. I was almost a goner." The speedster smiled. Allie passed out.

"Come with me, before more show up. We're safe for the duration of the rainstorm, after that, we'd better be out of here." Ricochet ordered.

"Before you start giving orders, you mind telling me exactly who the hell you are?" Tommy demanded.

"For the time being, I'm your only friend. Now follow me." He directed. "There's an old Cadmus bunker not too far from here, we'll rest up there."

"He seems to know where he's going. Just don't let your guard down." Quinton warned.

"I don't plan on it." Tommy followed reluctantly.

Jesse followed too, carrying Allie in his arms.

"I thought you were a loner? What happened to that?" Quinton shot him a glance.

"That was before I realized Apokolips wanted me dead too. Those Hellhounds attacked me first, not much of a confidence builder. I'm not going off on my own for a while." Jesse reasoned.

Soon they reached a large boulder on the side of a rocky hill. "Hold on." Ricochet touched his hand to the rock, and magnetically moved it away from the hill, revealing a tunnel.

"How'd you do that? Rocks like that aren't magnetic." Quinton inquired.

"Through physical contact, I can magnetize any solid material. As long as it's inorganic, that is." Ricochet explained. They walked into the old Cadmus bunker. There wasn't much to it, just a desk with some chairs and a few survival packs.

There was a mattress on the floor in the corner. Jesse laid Allie down on it. "That scream she pulled was pretty cool." He grinned.

"What I don't get is how we're still alive. That sonic scream should have been enough to kill us. It was like; she shielded us from most of the sound." Quinton pointed out.

"So what's your deal?" Tommy looked to Ricochet skeptically.

"Me? I'm a guy with goals, and the power to achieve those goals."

"And those goals would be…?"

"They would be none of your business. Just know that I'm completely against Apokolips."

"I wish I could take your word for it, but I can't."

"Kid, if I had anything to do with Apokolips, do you really think you'd be alive right now?"

"Probably not. But until I have reason to trust you, I won't."

"You're Tommy Gray, right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know that?"

"I got my hands on this." Ricochet pulled out a file and slid it across the table. Tommy opened it up, and saw a mug shot of himself. The pictures were taken while he was running from the Secret Police in Gotham.

"What's this?" Tommy demanded.

"Read further. Check out the bounty on your head."

Tommy read down to the bounty. His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. "One-Hundred Billion?"

"Whoa, wait, as in dollars?" Jesse gasped.

"Yup. A hundred billion, on you're head." Ricochet took the file back.

"But, why?" Tommy gaped.

"I was hoping you could tell me." Ricochet shrugged.

"I haven't done anything nearly that big… how does that happen? Who issued the bounty?"

"Darkseid did."

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter! I liked the twist in the end. It's good to be chained again. =P

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

@The Impersonator said:

Thanks man, glad to hear it.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@Project_Worm said:

@The Impersonator said:

Thanks man, glad to hear it.

You're welcome. :)

Avatar image for turok_son_of_stone
turok_son_of_stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

i missed this series. glad to have it back

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

@turok_son_of_stone:

Thanks man glad you enjoyed it :D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm said:

"I stopped listening after 'heated,' but whatever." Jesse zoomed off and continued fighting.

Jesse is suck a douche! Love him

@Project_Worm said:

"You're Tommy Gray, right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know that?"

"I got my hands on this." Ricochet pulled out a file and slid it across the table. Tommy opened it up, and saw a mug shot of himself. The pictures were taken while he was running from the Secret Police in Gotham.

"What's this?" Tommy demanded.

"Read further. Check out the bounty on your head."

Tommy read down to the bounty. His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. "One-Hundred Billion?"

"Whoa, wait, as in dollars?" Jesse gasped.

Okay $100 Billion bounty, he's got to be the bastard child of Batman, but who is his mum? Maybe he has no mum and Bruce built him in a lab, like Damien....madre dios! TELL ME! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm:

TELL ME!!!