Earth In Chains - Part 17

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

Pretty long entry, where things get interesting :DThis Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains 16  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

Tommy and Allie crashed into the ground a few feet away. They had used his jacket as a makeshift parachute, but it only slowed their fall to a point just below a lethal impact. They rolled hard, tumbling violently along the ground. Allie was on her feet first. "Quinton!" She screamed, looking at the burning debris from the ship.

"Oh no." Tommy got to his feet and they broke into a sprint toward the blaze. "Q! Come on man, don't go dying on me!" Tommy yelled, scanning the fire for any signs of life. He found none.

"No, no, no, no." Allie fell to her knees, sobbing. "First my mom… now Q."

"What about Q?" Quinton's voice broke the silence.

"What the…" Tommy spun around in surprise. Quinton was standing several feet behind them, completely unscathed.

"Q! You're ok!" Allie ran over to him.

"How the hell- but- what the…" Tommy stuttered, looking back and forth between the rubble and Quinton. "When did you jump? And, how did you survive the landing?"

"Don't question the mojo Tommy." Quinton said coolly.

"No, seriously, what happened?"

"I found a parachute." Quinton nodded his head toward an unfolded parachute lying on the ground. "There was only one, so I didn't tell you guys about it."

"You selfish bastard." Allie laughed. "I'm glad you're alright, Q."

"Whatever." Tommy crossed his arms. "So I guess Jesse bit the dust. Probably a good thing for us, the guy was nothing but a liability, not to mention he's completely untrustworthy."

Then a shadow passed over Tommy, and he looked up just in time to see Jesse falling right at him. "Oh come on!" Tommy held up his arms and Jesse crashed into him like a meteor. The two crashed to the ground rather painfully. Jesse was covered from head to toe in oil from the burning drone.

"That – was – insane!" Jesse shouted, throwing his arms up in the air.

"Of all the places you could have landed, you had to come back here?" Tommy sat up grumpily.

"You missed me and you know it."

"Actually, I enjoyed the few seconds without you."

"Why are you saying things you don't really mean? I don't understand." Jesse smiled and climbed to his feet, and began talking so fast that no one could understand him.

"Chill out, West. You're annoying the piss out of me." Tommy grunted, realizing the pain he was in now that the adrenaline had worn off.

"Dude, I just got launched at a burning killer frickin' robot, I have the right to be a little riled up, ok?"

Tommy was about to make some smart comeback, when he was interrupted by crying. He looked over and saw that Allie was sitting up against a tree, her knees pulled up to her chest, with her face buried.

He had gotten so caught up in the situation that he hadn't even considered how Allie was feeling. Her mother had just been murdered.

"Oh, right." Jesse muttered. "You should go talk to her, Tommy."

"Why me? I'm not good with people."

"Yeah, but I can't stand it when girls cry, and if I talk to her, she's going to make me cry. Plus I just really don't want to deal with mushy emotional crap."

"Well I'll probably just make it worse if I try to cheer her up." Tommy rubbed the back of his head.

"What about Quinton?"

"Are you kidding? He understands emotion about as much as a rock does. He'd just go over there and bombard her with useless facts."

"No facts are useless, Tommy. You just have to know the proper time to utilize them." Quinton interrupted.

"Shut up Buddha, we're trying to figure out what to do here." Jesse snapped.

"Well, I think we should set up camp and look for food." Quinton reasoned.

"I mean what to do about Allie, you stupid-"

"Will you guys shut up? Fine, I'll go talk to her." Tommy reluctantly moved over in Allie's direction, and sat down next to her. "Hey."

"Hi." Her voice was distant.

"I, um… I'm sorry Allie."

"Wasn't your fault."

"Yeah, it was. That blade was meant for me, I ducked, and it hit Dinah."

"Well what were you supposed to do Tommy? Stand there and get impaled?" Allie sounded almost frustrated.

"No, I guess not. I don't know." Tommy was already getting uncomfortable. "Look, I don't really no what I'm supposed to say right now…"

"Thanks Tommy."

"Thanks?"

"Yeah. For trying to be sweet." She looked up at the sky. She hadn't been crying as much as Tommy had expected. "Wow… so that's the sky." Her voice trailed off.

"Yeah." Tommy looked up too. Since Apokolips had been in power, the sky was always thick with a layer of dark, almost reddish clouds, constantly shrouding the Earth. "It used to be blue."

"I know." Allie looked over and saw Tommy wincing; he was still clutching his shoulder. Allie suddenly remembered that back in the cave, Tommy had been shot! "Tommy! Have you just been ignoring that?"

"I've been trying to."

"You can't just leave a bullet in your shoulder! What's wrong with you?"

"I've had other things to think about."

"Huh. Hold on, I'll try to remove it."

"Do you even know how to remove a bullet?"

"Well, it can't be too hard… like removing a sliver, right?"

"Probably not." Tommy began fumbling around with the utility belt until he found a pair of tweezers, as well as some powerful pain killers. He swallowed them down and handed Allie the tweezers. "Do whatever you need to do."

Several feet away from all this, Quinton and Jesse stood awkwardly. "We should get a move on soon. The smoke from the crash will attract more soldiers." Quinton pointed out.

"I say we wait until Allie's back on her feet. She just lost her mom; give her some time before we start shoveling life-or-death situations in her face." Jesse argued.

"Why are you suddenly so sensitive?" Quinton asked.

"Well… I know what it's like to lose people, ok?" Jesse looked away shoved his hands in his pockets.

"You mean your sister?" Quinton inquired.

"What?" Jesse jerked his head around. "How the hell do you know about my sister, you freak?"

"I've read up on every member of the Justice League. Wally West had twins… a boy and a girl. Considering you're alone, I'm guessing the girl died at one point." Quinton reasoned, brushing a strand of orangish hair out of his face and repositioning his orange sunglasses. Suddenly there was a blur in front of him, and Jesse grabbed him violently by the shirt collar.

"It's none of your business, alright? Don't you dare mention her again." Jesse threatened.

"Ok." Q showed no emotion.

"Good." Jesse shoved him back and began walking off.

"Where are you going Jesse?"

"Away from you guys. You're all bad luck." Jesse shook his head.

"Jess, hold on." Allie insisted.

"I'm a loner, ok? I always have been. It's better that way… for everyone."

"But Jesse-"

"See ya' beautiful." Then Jesse was gone.

"Geesh, talk about mood swings." Quinton reached into the front pocket of his oversized blue hoody and pulled out a black notebook and a pencil. He opened up the notebook and began scribbling something down.

The next time Allie looked up, Quinton was no where in sight. "I hate it when he disappears like that." She handed Tommy a wad of gauze she had found in the utility belt. "Bit down on that, this will probably hurt." She said.

Tommy did as she instructed, and winced as she began pulling out the bullet with the tweezers.

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By desperado_

Nice, I liked it!

I need to start from the beginning lol

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
"I found a parachute." Quinton nodded his head toward an unfolded parachute lying on the ground. "There was only one, so I didn't tell you guys about it."

LMFAO! Loved that. Quinton is easily my favorite character in this story.

Great work, as usual!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Project_Worm
@desperado_@The Impersonator:  
Thanks guys! 

@InnerVenom123 said:

Great work, as usual!

Q is definitely one of my favorites write. Glad you like it.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

@Project_Worm: You're welcome!

Kavahaden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Kavahaden

Alright i wish Jesse didn't leave but i can tell it's going to be good so i trust your decision

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm said:

"Chill out, West. You're annoying the piss out of me." Tommy grunted, realizing the pain he was in now that the adrenaline had worn off.

"Dude, I just got launched at a burning killer frickin' robot, I have the right to be a little riled up, ok?"

This is good stuff! Sorry I've been slack in my readings so I bumped the two previous chapters. I really like this series of yours.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74:

Ah don't worry about it man. At least you're enjoying it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

So I know where I'm up to

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Great work, as usual!

QFT