#1 Edited by Project_Worm (3523 posts) - - Show Bio

A short one but it is "big". Does that make sense? Whatever read on and enjoy!  This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 14   If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

"Hold on!" Dinah opened up a hidden compartment in the wall and slammed a button. A part of the wall began to move, and a secret door opened up! Inside was an old model of a JLA Javelin Ship. It had four wings and still used propellers for power. The Justice League had abandoned this kind of ship early in their career, but apparently they still had one stashed away for emergencies.

"Is that a plane?" Jesse shouted.

"Yeah, use it to escape!" Dinah commanded. "Now!"

"But mom-" Allie started.

"It's only a four-seater! I'll stay! You have to go now!"

"But-"

"Go!" 

"Does this thing even fly?" Jesse chimed in. 
"It'll do fine" Dinah answered.  

Tommy, Allie, Quinton and Jesse headed toward the plane, and Quinton hopped into the cockpit.

"Does he even know how to fly a plane?" Jesse asked.

"I read a book on it once. Or, I skimmed through the pages at least." Quinton responded, and began screwing around with the control panel.

The others started fending off hordes of enemies trying to get into the room. More explosions took place, and the mountain started to literally crumble apart.

"Q! We really need you to hurry!" Tommy pleaded.

"I can't seem to get it started."

"He probably doesn't know how to get it started." Jesse muttered.

"Jesse, stop talking about me like I'm not in the room." Quinton groaned.

"Q! Stay focused please!" Allie yelled.

"I won't be able to get this thing off the ground without some sort of activation code." He insisted.

"Are you sure?" Tommy asked.

"Yes, it requires an access code to start. I don't know the code! I can try to hack it, but we'll be dead before I can get into it!"

"Move over." Allie climbed into the cockpit and climbed underneath the dashboard.

"What are you doing?" Quinton inquired.

"I'm going to try and hotwire it." Allie said, reaching up to mess with the wiring.

"You know how to hotwire a plane?" Jesse went slack jawed. "That's so hot."

"Come on lover boy." Tommy grabbed Jesse by the shoulder and began pulling him out of the room.

"What are we doing?" Jesse asked.

"We're going to keep the enemy busy until she's done."

"Oh, that sounds easy." He said sarcastically.  

"Shut up, and take this." Tommy handed Jesse a gun. "Deathstroke dropped it earlier, and it's not really my style."

Jesse looked at the gun wide eyed. "What do I do with it?"

"Shoot it, and don't miss!" Tommy whipped out more batarangs into the oncoming army, and Jesse fired the gun blindly.

A barricade of drones all fired at once, and a million bullets soared at Tommy and Jesse! Tommy braced himself, but suddenly there was a violent shaking at the bullets all dropped out of the air. The drones then dented up as if they had gone through a giant paint shaker, and fell the ground in a heap.

"What the hell?"

"I put up a vibrational barrier in front of us." Jesse said weakly, a distant look in his eyes. "It takes a lot out of me to do that, but it protected us."

"Don't suppose you can do that again?"

"Not a chance."

"Didn't think so." Tommy kicked away a flying parademon and shot it with a tazer. The enemies just kept on coming and coming.

Then Deathstroke dropped from the rafters and kicked both of them down! He swung his machete at Tommy, but Tommy slammed his palms on the sides of the weapon, struggling to hold it back. Jesse came in from behind, but Deathstroke actually blocked most of his strikes!

"I have the fastest reflexes you'll ever encounter. Probably even faster than yours." Deathstroke boasted, kicked Jesse in the side and knocking him down. Deathstroke then turned to land the finishing blow on Tommy, but Jesse grabbed his ankle and sent a powerful vibration through it, shaking Deathstroke completely off balance.

Tommy plunged his knife into Deathstroke's upper arm. The villain screamed and stumbled back, falling into a pile of debris. He ripped the knife out of his arm and threw it back.

Then two small missiles soared out and blew around forty of Deathstroke's army to smithereens. The plane began to rise up off the ground, and a secret exit in the ceiling opened up like a garage door.

"I got it going!" Allie yelled.

Deathstroke realized that the tide of the battle was turning against him. "Another time then." He said. Then he twisted the handle on his machete, and a small rocket ignited in the back. The machete began to soar through the air like a bladed missile!

Deathstroke turned and headed out the way he had come in. The flying machete sailed toward Tommy, who managed to duck just in time.

The weapon flew over his head, and drove right into Dinah's chest…

"Dinah!" Tommy sprinted over to her. Blood was already pooling around the woman's body. The crimson liquid splashed out of her mouth when she tried to speak. "Oh God no. Dinah! Hold on, please hold on!" Tommy pleaded, propping her back up with his arm. His eyes filling with tears for the first time that he could remember. 

"T- Tommy… go…"

"No, I can't leave you here, I-"

"Shut up." She choked out.

Jesse flashed over and knelt down next to Tommy. "Tommy, this place is coming down, we have to go."

"No! We can't just leave her here to die!" Tommy protested, a look of rage and sorrow draped over his face

"Tommy look at her. As much as I don't want to admit it. She's going to die no matter what we do." Jesse said grimly. "You know I'm right."

"He fired at me… that blade was met for me. It should have hit ME! She shouldn't be dying right now. This isn't right." Tommy hung his head.

"B- b – better me – than you." She insisted, her voice getting weaker.

"I'm sorry. I should have listened if I had… none of this would be happening." Tommy stammered.

"Hurry – go." She pleaded, her eyes becoming more and more distant.

"I don't-"

"you- have to- Tommy – go to – N-Light… find out… who you are."

"What?" Tommy begged. "What's N-Light?"

"You'll make a great leader Tommy… a great hero…"

"I don't understand! What are you trying to tell me?" He pleaded with her, but she was already gone.

"Dude we have to leave, like, now." Jesse grabbed Tommy by the shoulder and pulled him toward the plane. The two jumped into the aircraft, and Quinton flew it through the exit in the ceiling.

The mountain crumbled into rubble behind them. Tommy looked over and saw a tear streaming down Allie's face. "My mom… is she…?" Allie's voice wavered. Tommy nodded grimly.

"Yeah Allie. She's gone."

"No…" A tear ran down Allie's cheek and her voice faltered.

"Hey everyone, I understand this is probably a bad time, but we've got company!" Quinton's voice broke in.

"Of course... Why would we possibly want things to get boring?" Jesse replied annoyed.   

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth in Chains 16
#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome entry! Did NOT see that coming.

#3 Posted by Project_Worm (3523 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:  
Glad you liked it. 
#4 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

Great chapter!

#5 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: not be a nark or anything but what happened to there being art in the next few entries? i was really looking forward to that!

but none the less i like the direction this is going in.

#6 Posted by Project_Worm (3523 posts) - - Show Bio
@turok_son_of_stone:   
Yeah I  know... I'm lame. But for whatever reason coming up with designs that seem original and that make sense in the situation their in, is a pain...
#7 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: fair enough. but none the less still a GREAT read

#8 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6038 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!! That is all. lol

#9 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: You killed her! Nice work, I love when characters you know & empathise with met a sudden demise, good story telling and sets up a range of avenues the characters can head down. So Tommy's father is Green Arrow and his mother is Batwoman, right??? :)

#10 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumped

#11 Posted by thespideyguy (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

The gun isn't tommy's style hmmm

#12 Posted by Project_Worm (3523 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy: If you're curious of his identity you should try and catch up. It's coming really soon.

#13 Posted by dngn4774 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

That was unexpected... I'm actually more worried about how it will affect Allie more than Tommy.