Earth In Chains - Part 12

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

This one is a little slow but next one will be BIG (also expect some art ;D)  This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 11  If this is your first time reading E.I.C. go here>>> 1 

(Mt. Justice – Justice Cave – Cafeteria)

"And this is the cafeteria. We don't usually eat in here, but there's plenty of food stored and-" Allie looked over her shoulder to see that Jesse was already gone. "Huh? Jesse, where'd you go?" She called.

"Ova' hur." A muffled voice yelled back, and Allie looked into the storage room to Jesse stuffing his mouth full of a sandwich, which he had filled with unspeakable amounts of foods that really do not belong in sandwiches.

"Uh… hungry much?" Allie gaped.

Jesse swallowed down a clump of food and said, "Super speed equals a super high metabolism. I burn calories about a hundred times faster than a normal person does, so I have to eat way more than normal people do."

"Oh." Allie realized that was why Jesse was so skinny. "I thought you were just anorexic or something."

"Nah, I'm more of a bulimic. I binge eat. Except I binge like, twenty times a day." He laughed.

"Well hurry up, I want to get this tour done with." Allie said, and suddenly Jesse was standing uncomfortably close to her.

"You're telling a guy with super speed to hurry up? That's almost offensive to me, Allie." He joked.

"Come on." She laughed, turning to leave the cafeteria. "Oh, and Jesse…"

"Yeah?"

"Give me my watch back."

"Sorry." Jesse reached into his pocket and pulled out Allie's golden watch, handing it to her reluctantly. "Force of habit."

"So you're a bulimic, and a kleptomaniac. I'm so glad Tommy brought you here." Allie shook her head, but couldn't stop the smile from spreading across her lips.

"Wow, I like you way better than that Tommy guy." Jesse smiled too, following her out the door.

"Tommy's ok." Allie shrugged. "You just have to get to know him."

"I think I'd rather get to know a brain tumor before I hung out with Tommy. Just being near the guy makes you grumpy and depressed." Jesse shook his head.

"Like I told Q, Tommy just feels things differently then we do. He wants to feel like he has a purpose in life, and right now, he doesn't. Feeling completely worthless would make anybody grumpy and depressed." Allie defended. "But Tommy's like a brother to me. And out of the three people I actually know, he's my best friend."

"Whatever." Jesse shrugged as they walked through the library, paying absolutely no attention to anything in the room. "So what about that Quinton guy? What's his deal?"

"Q… he's definitely unique." Allie laughed. "For lack of a better word, he's a freak. But he's like my brother too, and I love him."

"And what was that thing your mom called me earlier… a League kid? What's that supposed to mean?"

"League kid is just the term we use to describe somebody who had one or more parents in the Justice League. You know about them, right?"

"Think so. I'm pretty sure I stole an old newspaper clipping about them once. They were like, a bunch of superheroes right?"

"Yeah."

"And… my dad… he was one of them?"

"Exactly. Wally West was The Flash. Or at least, one of them."

"One of them?"

"Yeah, I think there were four different people to go by that name. The first was Jay Garrick, he died even before the invasion. Then there was Barry Allen, he was like a police scientist or whatever. And then it was your dad, Wally West. He started out as Kid Flash, Barry's sidekick, but took over the mantel when Barry died. And the fourth was Bart Allen, he took over during the invasion, but he didn't last all that long."

"Wow. Wally, my dad, how'd he die?"

"I know he died sometime during the invasion, but I'm not exactly sure how. You should ask Q, he knows everything about this stuff. Or my mom, she was probably there."

"No, never mind. It's not important. I just…" Jesse's voice cracked.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. I was curious, that's all."

"Um, alright." Allie shrugged. She got the impression that Jesse was only telling her part of the truth, but she didn't say anything about it.

They walked in silence for a few more minutes before they reached the area where the heroes old rooms were.

"This is where the Justice League slept?" Jesse asked, though the tone in his voice made it clear that he really didn't care.

"Yeah. I sleep in my dad's old room, Green Arrow's. And Tommy, he uses the Martian Manhunters room, because it's really private. And-"

"Oh sweet!" Jesse's voice cut in. Allie looked over and saw Jesse was standing outside the door of The Flash's old room, running his hand down the lightning bolt engraved in the door.

"Yeah, that room first belonged to the Flash, and-"

"And now it's mine." Jesse interrupted again. He pulled open the door excitedly, but then frowned when he saw the inside. The floor was covered with books and old scribblings. And Quinton was pacing back and forth in the room, his hands in his pockets. Quinton used Flash's old room because it was so spacious, and it gave Q plenty of room to pace, an old habit of his. Plus, though Quinton wouldn't admit it, he was extremely claustrophobic.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing in my room, poser?" Jesse screamed.

"You're room?" Quinton raised an eyebrow behind his orange tinted sunglasses.

"Yeah, my room! Are you frickin' deaf? Get out!"

"No."

"You're asking for it now." Jesse zoomed into the room and shoved Quinton out the door. "And take your s**t!" Jesse started whipping books out the door.

Quinton picked up the copy of The Cricket on the Hearth that Jesse had thrown. "Disrespecting me in one thing, but now you've disrespected Charles Dickens, and that pisses me off!" Quinton shouted. He grabbed Jesse by the shirt collar and slammed him face-first into a wall.

"Big mistake, freak." Jesse jabbed his elbow back and caught Quinton in the ribs, causing him to loosen his grip. Jesse then punched Quinton back out into the hall and ran at him.

Quinton flung up his legs and kicked Jesse in the knees, knocking him down painfully. Jesse rolled to his feet and was met with a punch to the Adam's Apple by Quinton.

"A- a** – hole." He choked. Jesse hit Quinton multiple times at super speed and then flung him down. Quinton kicked out Jesse's legs, picked him up and smacked into a wall again. 

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth in Chains 13
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Justice is served. :P

Avatar image for turok_son_of_stone
turok_son_of_stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

oh crap!

Avatar image for turok_son_of_stone
turok_son_of_stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

it gets better! art!? bigger submissions!?!? how can this story get ANY better???

Kavahaden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Kavahaden

this is truly amazing my favorite is so Jesse

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

Quentin Vs Jesse: Good work! I love him smashing his head into the wall, twice!

@Project_Worm said:

"So you're a bulimic, and a kleptomaniac. I'm so glad Tommy brought you here."

That's the best bit! Now for my continual guessing on Tommy's parentals: Hawkman and Cassandra Cain...that might actually work and be plausible! How close am I? :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74 said:

Quentin Vs Jesse: Good work! I love him smashing his head into the wall, twice!

@Project_Worm said:

"So you're a bulimic, and a kleptomaniac. I'm so glad Tommy brought you here."

That's the best bit! Now for my continual guessing on Tommy's parentals: Hawkman and Cassandra Cain...that might actually work and be plausible! How close am I? :)

Thanks again! Your actually really close... One of his parents was a female and one a male... ;p

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By dngn4774

"Disrespecting me in one thing, but now you've disrespected Charles Dickens, and that pisses me off!"

Despite the typo, thhis was my favorite line. Gotta love Q!