#1 Edited by Project_Worm (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

This Fan-Fic is rated T, also if you havent checked it out here is Earth In Chains - Part 10

(New Metropolis – Scouter Drone Relay Station)

Hundreds of thousands of Scouter Drones, floating camera-orbs, constantly patrol Earth. And they are constantly relaying information back and forth to different stations, or to Apokolips itself.

In New Metropolis stood one of these Relay Stations feeding data directly to Apokolips. Ricochet dropped onto the roof of this relay station and quickly took out a guard from behind. He then headed for a fire escape, through which he sneak into the building.

Obviously Ricochet had been caught when he infiltrated SANCTION, and had barely escaped. He knew that if his sister had been there, she had been moved now. And if she had been transferred to another orphanage, there had to be some sort of documentation of it going to Granny Goodness on Apokolips.

And that meant one thing to Ricochet. That documentation would be going through a relay station and to Apokolips. So if he could break into the relay station and hack the system, he could find out exactly where his sister had been moved to.

He crawled through the fire escape and soon he was inside the building. Now for the hard part… not getting caught. He had managed to get his hands on a map of the facility, and new that he had to get to the Data Management Center, located in the middle of the complex.

Using the device on his wrist, Ricochet released a powerful EMP pulse, disrupting the cameras around him.

"That won't last long… I've got to move fast." Ricochet created a positive magnetic field around himself, before charging his own body with another positive charge. This caused Ricochet's own body to repel itself, just as he had planned. He soared down the hall almost too fast for the eye to see, his body repelling away from the very field around it, launching him through the air at unbelievable speeds! The difficult part was steering.

Ricochet continually crashed into walls around him, having very little control over his flight path. He prayed that he didn't run into any guards. He had chosen a time when the guard shift was changing, so hopefully he could get through all the hallways before the new guards rotated in.

He reached the room he was looking for just as two parademons entered into the hallway. Ricochet slammed the door behind him, hoping that he hadn't been seen. He canceled the magnetism and regained control of himself before walking over to the holographic control large white room. The center of room contained a giant glowing orb, which housed records of all of the information that passed through the station.

Ricochet tried using the control panel, but it did nothing to respond to him. "Identification Required." An automated voice announced.

"Crap." Ricochet sighed, and then remembered the keycard he had stolen from a parademon when he broke into SANCTION. He still had the keycard on him, and hoped that it would work. He ran the keycard through the holographic scanner. "Identification Accepted. Access Granted." The voice announced.

"Perfect." Ricochet smirked behind his mask and began searching through recent data entries, trying to uncover news about a prisoner transfer from SANCTION. "This'll go a lot faster if I hack into Granny Goodness's personal channel and see what info went directly to her." Ricochet realized. "Just hope I can get into the old hag's channel." He began working at trying to access Granny Goodness's direct network, but after several minutes of trying, found that it was a lot harder than he thought.

He did however manage to find a file on himself. Apparently a message had gone out to all of Apokolips that he was to be killed. Ricochet was flattered. But he also saw that he wasn't the only alert issued recently.

"Maybe she escaped or something…?" The fleeting hope jumped into his mind, even though he had absolutely no reason to think that the alert could be his sister other than that he really wanted it to be. He went to see what the other alert was, and was disappointed by the results.

He saw a video of a pissed off teenager kicking a Scouter Drone. As he read on, he found info about Jesse West, and for some reason Darkseid himself had announced that the dark haired kid was dangerous.

"Whoa… if this kid has Darkseid's attention, there must be something special about him." Ricochet realized. He read further and found that Deathstroke had been assigned to track him and Jesse West. "This could be good for me. If I can put together a team, maybe I have a chance…"

Before Ricochet could even complete his thought, the door behind him began to open. "Time to bail!" Ricochet touched his hand to a wall and gave it a negative charge, before sending another one through his hand. The resulting magnetic repulsion blasted a hole straight through the wall, and Ricochet leapt out into the open air.

By the time guard's had entered into the room, he was already gone.  

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think.

Earth in chains 12 
#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how you're clearly building up to something huge, and how you're also keeping the individual plot threads strong at the same time. Well done. Also Ricochet is awesome.

#3 Posted by KisserNe (404 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I love how you're clearly building up to something huge, and how you're also keeping the individual plot threads strong at the same time. Well done. Also Ricochet is awesome.

Oh yeah! You're brilliant, man. Oh so brilliant! I am loving this more and more each second and as proof, just spent an hour catching up and reading your series. BRAVO! I can not wait for 12!

#4 Posted by Project_Worm (3347 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123@KisserNe:  
Thank you guys so much! i should have part 12 up later today. But I want to get some reading done first.
#5 Edited by The Impersonator (5076 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really awesome and a great series for DC Comics fans. My spider-sense tell me that there is going to be a nomination for this one. :P

#6 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually BETTER then most of the comics I've been reading recently. Probably the greatest fan-fic I've ever seen. i just read every part in the past day and I'm absolutely hooked keep up the great work

#7 Posted by Project_Worm (3347 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator@turok_son_of_stone:  
Thanks for the kind words guys means alot.
#8 Posted by The Impersonator (5076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: No problem! :)

#9 Posted by turok_son_of_stone (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: any time. my only question is when do we get more of this series???!!!!!11!!1

#10 Posted by batkevin74 (10428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

and for some reason Darkseid himself had announced that the dark haired kid was dangerous.

Getting Darkseid to declare you're dangerous puts you in a category way above just mere annoyance! Sorry I've been behind in my readins of your EIC stuff, but saw the library collection and back on the Project_Worm Xpress! Woo Woo. So back to the identity of Tommy's parents: Dr Fate and Katana....ooo that's kinda cool actually :)

#11 Posted by Project_Worm (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@Project_Worm said:

and for some reason Darkseid himself had announced that the dark haired kid was dangerous.

Getting Darkseid to declare you're dangerous puts you in a category way above just mere annoyance! Sorry I've been behind in my readins of your EIC stuff, but saw the library collection and back on the Project_Worm Xpress! Woo Woo. So back to the identity of Tommy's parents: Dr Fate and Katana....ooo that's kinda cool actually :)

Yeah Tommy's kind of a big deal... unless Darkseid is just paranoid... Don't worry about being behind man, I'm just glad you're enjoying it.

#12 Posted by dngn4774 (2793 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice filler! It was definitely a successful way to build up suspense for the next chapter.