Dream of a sanctuary (Rated F for Fantasy)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Edited By Trodorne
  Though I see it many nights when I sleep, I see it better during the day when I just close my eyes in relaxation. Its like a place that haunts me every day, begging to be found. Though its origins are a complete mystery to myself and to others I tell this tale to, I tell it anyways in hopes that somewhere along my travels I might be pointed in its direction. Until that day I wander, just getting by as a bard. But what is one more story but not for entertainment but to inspire.

Tree's are the first thing that come in my mind. Tree's taller than castles, that can almost stretch to the heavens themselves. Thick and wide like the strongest of city walls that protect lives from invaders. Trees that are pine of sorts, though the bark has a red hue to it. Red pines I call them probably housing all manner of small wildlife. Growing so high that they almost block out the sun, Debris everywhere from trees older than they are who collapsed to become one with the ground again. I see a fallen log half sunk into the mossy ground becoming a new base for a sapling growing out of the exposed dirt inside the cracked open log. 

The forest floor is teaming with ferns, moss, and small saplings just trying to catch every ounce of sun light they can. Mist covers the forest floor most days, many small and large ponds are found in deep rock pits, filled to the brim from catching rain. Moss covers most of the ground in here, acts like a bedding going from tree stump to tree stump, almost inviting. The smell of a fresh morning is always constantly there even during mid day, Mist hovers over the forest floor like a blanket keeping it safe from the burning sun.

Then the it comes to me, ruins. Not known by who or what hands that built this. old,ancient. In the end is whats left of a Tree stump larger than any of the trees ive seen even in this forest, half the size of a mountain. Built in and around this stump looks as though it is a temple, almost cathedral like, no glass windows, garden terrace on either side of the great stump, Entrance built coming out the front of the stump. stairs almost smoothed out, missing pieces every so often and made of white stone. Moss, ferns and saplings from the forest floor try to climb there way up the stairs over the centuries but have yet to even make it half way. All of this ruin sitting on the base of a mountain just shy outside of the misty blanket of the forest. though it is evident the forest is trying to reclaim this area again.

The temple, no paintings, no written stories scrawled on the ground or walls of here. inside much of life was artificially grown. white stone make the frame leaving openings in the roof to allow light in from the day and open window areas for light from the dawn and dusk. many ferns line the sides of the great hall from the entrance. the hall splits into two corridors going to the left and right, moving into garden terrace's just outside the protection of the gigantic tree stump, the lining garden from the entrance which i came in follows out to these terraces. In the center of the hall and directly in the middle of the great tree stump is what seems to be a deep water fountain, stairs facing the main entrance lead up to the top of this fountain where I see these.....

Crystals are the best way I can describe them, no bigger than a small dagger or throwing knife. bathed in light that of which one would see in a rainbow. floating, and spinning around each other as if dancing in perfect harmony. Even in a dream one does not have to touch them to feel raw power coming from them. each piece almost clear with a hue of a specific color; Green, yellow, red, purple, blue, and cyan. With two central crystals dancing around one another and excluded from the others. 

Then I see myself, back in the forest. Laying there against the moss covered stump of one a red pine, and playing my lute. dawn is breaking soon into mid day. I almost feel everything what is around myself there. Soft mossy bedding that is comfortable to sit down but the firm stump and ground give me support, moisture is all around me making the air fresh and invigorating to take in with each breathe. Sounds of chirping birds are distant as they make their homes near the tops of the trees, but echo down to the floor where the sound is mostly muffled by mist and moss. 

Once again, I am brought back to regular life where I continue to sing, tell stories and entertain everyone. But continue do I of the place that one day I hope to see. This sanctuary that continues to elude me. despite all my knowledge and all my travels across this great land, I have yet to find this magnificent place. Everyday it taunts me and calls for me to bask in its inviting forest a place where peace would exist for any soul. It was truly a place built by the gods.