"Doctor Who"

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

This story takes place in the Doctor Who universe. Oddly, though, it doesn't contain much of Doctor Who after the first few arcs. A cameo here, a cameo there, but it slowly became my own original story with my own original characters and concepts. I call is Doctor Who for lack of a better name, and it's the name I began with.

A description is hard to make, since the concept of the story is filled out in the first arc. Basically, it follows an Assassin who was raised since birth to kill, but escaped that life. The assassin we later find out is a Time Lord.

Also, I'd like to mention that this is one of my first stories. So the later chapters get better in detail and writing style. Comments highly appreciated.  

***I do not own Doctor Who or anything connected to it. Including, but not limited to: The Doctor, the TARDIS, Time Lords, Torchwood, UNIT, Cybermen, or anything else associated with the Doctor Who franchise. The rights to Doctor Who belong to the BBC. 
Main characters are mine. Basically, if something is not in the Doctor Who universe, it's mine***

Chapter I: New York

A humming sound filled the streets of New York City. While everyone could hear it, it simply went unnoticed and the people continued going by. Same as a sudden gust of wind that came and went in mere seconds; and a black, somewhat shapeless thing, filled the dark alley. It blended in well with the darkness of the night. The only thing that gave it its shape was a light on the top, flashing and stopped once the humming stopped. Again, all this went unnoticed by the people going by.

The door opened, and a man in black stepped out. He tightened the gloves on his hands. The gloves looked almost like normal, common leather. But they were made millions of light-years away, about 200 years later. The same material is what made up his belt, and boots.

He started walking the streets. He stopped, and looked up at the lights of the city. He was thinking about the technology these people had. How far it took them to learn to make electricity to power these lights; and how far they still have to go. Yet, he thought of how much potential they have for good. Unfortunately, they also have much potential for evil, as he knew all too well.

He kept walking. He heard a sound that seemed somewhat familiar. Too familiar. He looked over his shoulder. "No", he said under his breath, "they couldn't have followed me." He continued walking. He doesn't fear for his life. He was 5 years old the last time he feared dying. He fears what they'll do to his life if they caught him.

He again looks behind him. "Don't wanna risk it." he said. He takes a 6" metal rod from one of the pockets on his belt. He turns a switch on it, and aims toward the direction of the dark object he arrived in. He presses a button, and the end of the rod glows with blue light. The humming begins, and the black object in the alley disappears. He lets go of the button, and presses it again, aiming it at the top of the Empire State Building. He could barely see it appear, but there it was, sitting safely on the top. He smiles "Good. A little less in the open." He puts the rod back In his pocket, and continues walking the streets.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

Hmmmm very cool.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@JediXMan: Did you ever do any more with this?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@batkevin74 said:

@JediXMan: Did you ever do any more with this?

I did, but frankly, I don't feel like posting it. In retrospect, it's all rather... badly written except for the finale. If I feel like it I might rewrite it. I wrote this long ago while I was still figuring out my style and writing preferences.

Thanks for reading, though. If you want to read some of my more current stuff, feel free to comment in my unofficial "requests" thread. I also wrote my own take on Azrael.