Dial H for Hero: Fan-Interactive Fan-Fiction

dirtychewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dirtychewbacca

For those of you who don't know, Dial H for Hero is basically the story of a regular person who uses a mysterious device called the H-Dial to transform into a superhero. The catch is, however, that they turn into a totally different hero every time they use it, with a different name, costume and superpower. The old Dial H for Hero series had a cool feature where fans could send in their ideas for original (and often ridiculous) superheroes and supervillains they wanted to appear in the stories, and I thought this would be an awesome premise for a fan-fiction series.

Basically, you guys just post an idea for a new superhero or supervillain, complete with a name, costume and superpower, and I will use them in my Dial H for Hero story. Ludicrous and outlandish ideas are both welcomed and encouraged, as part of the fun of Dial H is seeing the characters react to the kind of superhero they turn into, and attempt to figure out a way to use their new-found superpowers in a particular situation.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By thespideyguy

So he is like batman, only he is a cyborg clone.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@dirtychewbacca: sounds like a fun...

I'll have to come up with something whimsical

dirtychewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dirtychewbacca

@thespideyguy: Since he's a cyborg, are his gadgets like a part of his robotic body? Also, what's his name?

@The Poet: Feel free to toss out more than one idea if you have them, the more the better.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@dirtychewbacca: Avocado Man (copyright batkevin74 2012) has the powers of avocados! Has a tough, dark green skin. Can project jetstreams of guacomole from his hands and can summon/control avocados within a 30ft radius. He's green, he's healthy, he's AVOCADO MAN!!! Hope that helps in your quest :)

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By thespideyguy

@batkevin74 said:

@dirtychewbacca: Avocado Man (copyright batkevin74 2012) has the powers of avocados! Has a tough, dark green skin. Can project jetstreams of guacomole from his hands and can summon/control avocados within a 30ft radius. He's green, he's healthy, he's AVOCADO MAN!!! Hope that helps in your quest :)

haha

dirtychewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dirtychewbacca

@batkevin74 said:

Fantastic. I hope to see more ideas like this.

Once I have around 3-4 superheroes and maybe 1 or 2 supervillains, I'll start working on the first issue and do my best to incorporate as many ideas as possible. I think it'll be a whole lot of fun to read, or at least I hope so.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@dirtychewbacca: An a villian is Madam Du Fromage. She's a French assassin (dressed like a French Maid crossed with a Renaissance aristocrat) who wields a saber called the 'Cheesecutter'. Think a French Lady Shiva who talks like Batroc the Leaper!

Madam Du Fromage was created by batkevin74 at 9.43am Sydney time with minor thought put into it, all rights reserved :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Project_Worm

Re-Bound a large circus strong man with the power to make objects bounce off of him with three times the force they had when they make contact with him.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Derby: A superfast grl on rollerskates with wiked elbow skills!

sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sentryssj4

@tomdickharry1984: I actually really like the name Derby, don't know why.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

Adwilex the Fettered, a scaled, betentacled quadriped with the mind of a man. Vastly enhanced physical statistics, acidic substance that comes from his feet ( a la Kaine's wallcrawling) and the ability to increase gravitational pull in a small area.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#13  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74 said:

I believe this has been done in Axe Cop.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#14  Edited By cbishop

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Derby: A superfast grl on rollerskates with wiked elbow skills!

She has to wear a bowler hat... or a helmet shaped like a bowler hat (aka a derby). ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74 said:

I believe this has been done in Axe Cop.

Really? Wow, there are no originals ideas left in my head :(

ShrimpDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By ShrimpDino

Sounds cool :D

Hero: Pizza Robo

Looks: A purple robot with a pizza symbol on his crest

Powers:His super power is shooting pizzas and has a pizza cutter weapon that could cut though solid objects

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmashBrawler
  • Name: Bloodgun (yes, I know where that name comes from)
  • Faction: "Hero"
  • Appearance: He is a shirtless guy, with giant muscles, a right robot arm, a left robot hand, a bionic eye, a long ponytail, camo pants, black boots, a red glowing tattoos all over his body.
  • Powers and abilites: He has a gun that, literally, shoots blood. And yes, he can harm people with it. He also has the power of having very visible veins and being able to walk with tiny feet.

Hey, somebody has to represent the 90's :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Joygirl

I liked mine. D:

dirtychewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dirtychewbacca

Wow this is awesome. Thanks to everyone who has participated so far, you guys have come up with some pretty off-the-wall characters. I have a pretty hectic week coming up in terms of university, but afterwards I'm going to start writing the first few issues. Be sure to stay tuned and see how your ideas get incorporated into the story.

Thanks again.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Seen the latst issue: Cock-A-Hoop! A chcken hula hoop beats ALL ideas

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

The Amber Brickthrower! He has an enchanted brick made from the heart of star, shaped by the gods of architecture & construction. The brick is like Mjolnir but no lightning, dimensional travel or handle :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Lavender Man! Strong in both muscle and scent, Lavender Man is the best smelling superhero there is :)