DCRC: Underworld Unleashed- Shadowpact #2

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Atomikill_

"To your left!" Nightshade crowed as another undead soul came at Blue Devil. Swiftly the large demon swung his spear at blindingly fast speeds, the spear going straight through the throat of it.

"On your right." Devil replied dully as he kept fighting. Nightshade teleported behind the ghoul that was about to attack her before driving her shadow daggers through it brutally, wasting no time in attacking another foe afterward.

The two were doing very good against the infantry- soon the souls even started to retreat. "We... We did it?" Nightshade panted, sheathing her blades.

"... No." Devil detected something. A boom, heard from under them, in the building below. However, he had no clue what was making the loud booms until it was right on top of him- Ragman.

Roaring, the empty shell of the hero had increased in size and overall mass- he was on all four limbs, like a giant beast, and was almost as big as the building they had been standing on. In a raging frenzy it swiped it's huge paw like hands toward Blue Devil, smacking him and sending him hundreds of yards back before he crashed into the window of some office building.

The more souls that added to the beast, the more that it grew, and increased in power. A steady stream of souls connected to the creature's head made sure it would not grow too power hungry.

Nightshade took this time to target the beast's weak points- the large animals she had hunted in her own dimension were not nearly as impressive as the thing that had once been Ragman. To her horror, however, she realized that when it came to weaknesses the beast had none. Turning it's huge head it roared at her, and Nightshade almost fell back from the force of the warcry.

Hitting Nightshade with it's hand made purely of rags, she herself had her soul taken from her- turned into a purple, velvet rag that was added to the hulking mass of living cloths.

Now, the beast started running toward the City Dump. It felt the presence of three more who had dared to challenge it.

___
"Enchantress. We need a shield that allows us to send projectiles out, but they can't come in." Detective Chimp screeched desperately as he fired his steam powered gun to the masses of undead that attacked them.

"On it!" She yelled as a book appeared in her hands- the Book of Nzamor. Floating up into the air, she swiftly flipped through it before snapping it closed in realization. Enchantress brought her hands together, muttering some ancient words, as a light blue ball formed in her palms.

Satisfied by the size of the ball, she threw it down right next to Detective Chimp and Ragman, and it expanded into a large shield powered by magic. However, the undead soon looked like they would break the shield, and break it fast.

"'Chantress, stay focused on the shield." Ragman said as he absorbed five souls with a wave of his hand.

"How can I stay focused on the shield when that is coming toward us?!"

"What is-" Ragman started, but then he saw it. As big as a skyscraper, it stood over the dump menacingly, the souls coming away from the shield to add on to him.

"Holy shi-" Detective Chimp shrieked, but didn't finish as Ragman soon grabbed him and started flying, zooming off toward the beast's face. Enchantress followed, taking her attention off of the infantry souls and letting go of the shield she had made.

"What are we gonna do to that thing?!" She yelled as she sent a couple fireballs toward what used to be Ragman- of which they only provided minor damage.

"Fire!" Was Ragman's short answer. Flying up to the beast's shoulder, he dropped off Detective Chimp. "Distract it!" He said, as he flew off again.

"What? Where are you going! Don't leave..." Chimp started, but it was too late. Sighing, he turned toward the monstrosity he had been plopped next to. "I swear to Darwin that if I make it through this, I'm going to retire." He muttered, as he started to attract the thing's attention.

Catching up to Enchantress, Ragman spoke quickly. "Follow me. Cast some sort of oxygen tank on us." He said as he zoomed toward the largest thing in the night sky- the moon.

The two got there in a few minutes, and upon the moon they sat (having oxygen tanks from Enchantress' magic). "Now, Enchantress. We need you to make a fireball so big it will completely destroy the monster I once controlled." Ragman said lightly as he looked upon Earth.

"I... I'll need time." She said, shakily. Enchantress wasn't sure if she could make a fireball that big- it'd take her at least an hour.

"We'll buy you time." He nodded reassuringly. Floating up, he started to fly back to Earth. "Be safe." Ragman called back, before zooming off.

___

"Hey, Rag-thing! I've seen better mobility on a drunken alpaca!" Detective Chimp crowed as he swung from the longer rags on the monster's chest. Swinging his mighty fists, the beast failed to hit the small monkey, who was much more agile.

But this could only go on for so long. Eventually, the creature hit Chimp- sending him flying toward the ground, to his immediate death. Or so Chimp thought. A strong, blue hand caught him, as Blue Devil had been charging toward the thing's legs to fight it head on.

"We have to work on your smack talk, Chimp." He grinned smoothly, putting the monkey onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arms round the Rag-thing's leg. Grunting, he dug his feet into the ground, grinding his teeth together with the tremendous effort it took, and lifted the beast up, slamming it onto it's backside as he started to punch at the rags.

"We need a plan, Devil. Fists alone can't take it down- it feels no pain!" Detective Chimp cried out as he fought the infantry souls that dared to attack his new friend.

"I have a plan." A new voice called out. Ragman flew down to them, sending some of the souls into his suit as he turned to them. "Right now, Enchantress is building a fireball big enough to take down the beast. It'll completely destroy it and all the souls it has absorbed."

This sounded like a solid plan to Chimp- but Blue Devil was worried. "But, Ragman! It absorbed Nightshade!"

Widening his eyes, Ragman was shocked. There were thousands of rags on the monsters body- it'd take a century to find hers.

"It's too late to save her!" Chimp shouted, pointing up at the sky. A bright orange light was filling the air, as a fiery ball of energy descended toward them slowly- Enchantress' fireball was coming.

No Caption Provided

To be Concluded!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Aw man. What's going to happen to Nightshade? This issue was all action! Great stuff!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Aw man. What's going to happen to Nightshade? This issue was all action! Great stuff!

What he said!