YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungJustice

Chapter 1: Shots in the Dark

“Ladies and gentleman, I would like to welcome you to the fifth annual Dawson Foundation auction!” A tall dark skinned man in an expensive black suit said to a crowd of seated people. The women dressed in elegant black designer dresses while the males all wore white tuxedo and red ties.

A woman walked onto the stage, her skin golden and her hair a shining blonde, she grabbed the mic from the black suited man and raised it to her mouth, “Guests, we ready for our first auction of the night, the highly acclaimed Pearl of the Ward necklace!”

No Caption Provided

Rumbles of chatter were heard around the room before the first bid was raised, a woman shouted out as she raised her card number, “85,000!”

Her fellow crowd mates gasped at the incredibly high first bid, the white dressed woman mouth opened widely, “Well, it seems 16 really adores this item! Are there any follow up bids?” No one responded to the question, “Alright, it seems we have a buyer! Please come up and tell us your name.”

The woman walked onto the stage, the woman in the white dressed immediately noticed the woman’s lime green eyes, “Those are beautiful eyes ma’am.” The white dressed woman complimented.

“Thank you, I was blessed with them.” The buyer giggled and went up to the podium, she put the Pearl of the Ward on her neck and started to talk, “Once before, this was my grandmother’s pearl. She cherished it greatly, while she couldn’t be here today, I know she must be proud that I have once again reclaimed what made our family so special. Now, in the words of my grandmother, Seta Justiun Azchaw!”

No Caption Provided

The pearl started to glow a florescent blue as the audience was blinded by its effect, the woman ripped the wire of the microphone and threw it through the window, bursting it open on impact. She quickly ran through and took her phone from her clutch bag.

“Orion, I have the pearl.” The woman climbed over the house gate onto the sidewalk, a black van pulled up in front of her, the back doors opened as a man climbed out of it, “Obsidian, nice to see you again.”

Obsidian smirked, “You always did have a since of humor Diana.”

Diana rolled her eyes as she threw him the pearl, “I expect my money will be transferred to my account within the next hour.”

“What happened to good old fashioned favors?” Obsidian said as he caught the pearl and examined it.

Diana started to walk away, “Favors are for friends, prices are for buyers. Nothing was made without a reason.”

Obsidian looked at the pearl once more, “For once, I must agree with you on something.” He lifted his head up, “Diana, be safe out there. We will need your help in the final push against them.”

Diana turned around, “I am a thief, not a soldier.”

“I feel that what is incoming will be greater than any of us can do alone. Even together, it may not be enough to defeat him.” Obsidian said as he walked toward her and put his hand on her shoulder, “We mustn't let this society die out. It is our last hope.”

“Give it up! There is no final battle or push against them. The Dawson’s practically own the damn city! We stand no chance against them. If you do decide to go through with this suicide plan, do me a big favor and leave me out of this!” Diana walked in the opposite direction of him as a younger man walked behind Obsidian and placed his hand on his shoulder.

“It’s alright man, she'll come around eventually. She has always been stubborn.” He took his hand away and pulled his cell phone out, a GPS tracker blinked. “Besides, we have her on our radar all the time.”

No Caption Provided

Obsidian shook his head, “I don't understand how you do it Orion. Let’s get going , we have to find the soldier.”

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Short but sweet. Have to admit I don't know most of these characters however they seem interesting.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Short but sweet. Have to admit I don't know most of these characters however they seem interesting.

Thanks!

Yeah, I felt like Obsidian and Unknown Soldier weren't really fleshed out at all in Shadow Unit, so I wanted to give them their own time to shine.