DCRC: All-Star Vigilante #1

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By johnny_blaze

Adrian & J.J.'s Safe house. Somewhere in New York City.

Blackout: Chapter 1-Welcome to Star City

Adrian sat up on an arranging row of chairs that formed a makeshift bed, he had bandages all over his upper body as well as around head. He got up and shuffled towards the refrigerator to help himself to a beer, grabbed one and dragged himself back to the chairs. His partner and longtime friend, J.J. walked into the room and threw the latest issue of the New York Times at him. The headline was titled: 'STAR CITY BILLIONAIRE IS MASKED SUPERHERO'

"Since when did they start putting the funnies on the front page?" Adrian asked.

"This is not a joke." J.J. answered.

"I've defended Queen in court before. He's no hero."

"Get dressed."

"For what? Where am I going?" Adrian sighed.

"You're going to Star City. Someone that we've been trying to catch for months is down there. It's Lester." J.J. explained.

"Why can't Robin Hood do it? I'm fucked up here!"

"Think about it. Since Queen has been exposed as Green Arrow. I doubt it if he'll even be active anymore. The whole world knows who he is, it's going to be dangerous for him. I know how you hate catching criminals in another superhero's territory. But this is going to be a piece of cake. Get in and get out." J.J. said with confidence. "And besides, he's just a common thug."

"Get in and get out right?" Adrian asked. Adrian got up slowly and went towards a closet that was behind him.

"Yes. As a matter of fact. If it's not that simple, you can shoot me in the kneecap." J.J. laughed.

"Hmm, this night just became more interesting." Adrian smirked. "I'll hold you to that. Let me suit up.

Star City. The Glades. Seven Hours Later.

No Caption Provided

Adrian Chase, The Vigilante was sitting on the edge of a rooftop across from the Glades Bar, with his sniper rifle pointing towards the entrance of the bar. Waiting for the low-level criminal known as Lester. He was keeping tabs on the everybody who was going in and out of the bar, to see if he spotted him So far, he had no luck. He pressed the radio in his ear to talk to J.J.

"He isn't here J.J."

"We have to be patient." J.J. said through the com link. "Unless he's already in there already."

"I'm going in." Adrian said. Adrian climbed down from the building and began walking towards the bar. He takes a shotgun from his back and puts some rounds in it. After that, he kicks open the door and aims his gun towards everyone. "Alright! Now listen up. Which one of you scumbags is Lester?" Everyone in the bar falls silent.

"We don't want no trouble. Ain't no Lester here!" the bartender screamed out.

"You expect me to believe that?" Adrian said under the helmet.

"I heard about you. You're the lawyer whose family was blown to bits because you refused to defend some mob enforcer. We ain't scared of you, you're no different from the archer." one man had said. The whole bar roared with laughter.

"Oh. I think I found someone in this shitty city with some balls." Adrian turned around. "You want to know the difference between me and him?" Adrian cocked his shotgun back and shot the man's hand off, blood splattered everywhere. The bar grew quiet once again, the man fell to the floor and shouted in pain. "Does anyone else want to know the difference between me and him?!"

A man came from out of the bathroom, zipping up his pants wearing a black trench coat faces Vigilante. "So you're looking for Lester?"

"I'm guessing I found him." Adrian responded.

No Caption Provided

"Yep." Lester pulls his sleeves up to reveal to black gauntlets, he raises his hands and a powerful electrical charge blasts Vigilante out of the window, he flies right into a car.

"Get in and get out, my ass." Adrian groaned in pain.

Sorry for the hiatus.....blah blah.....Black & Blue #4 will be posted soon.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ha! The Electrocutioner! Love that guy! As for the issue, very nice and enjoyable. Really good linking it to Green Arrow and I really love Street Level stories. They're pretty amazing.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Ha! The Electrocutioner! Love that guy! As for the issue, very nice and enjoyable. Really good linking it to Green Arrow and I really love Street Level stories. They're pretty amazing.

Makes me wish that DC had more street level heroes. Marvel succeeds in that department imo.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5