#1 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

The rain continued,continued so relentlessly,so fast,so much.

A light began to flicker,it flickered like a beating heart,on and off,on and off.Again and again.

"Whistle,whistle,whistle,you know I've never been able to whistle.I guess it would be even more meaningless now,you know? With the impending doom of the dead groaning right at every door in every part of this bleak existence,most call a life."

Zsasz cracked his neck,and slowly tipped his head back and then dropped it down to stare at the ground.

"I mean,at least they aren't giant bats trying to eat our flesh.Am I right Dr Crane?"

Crane sat hunched over a desk,he turned to Zsasz,who was restrained in a straight jacket and was locked behind the cage of a cell.Crane sighed and turned back to the desk.He rubbed his eyes and flicked his hair back.Biting his nails nervously,he began to write again.Quickly scribbling down on a piece of torn paper.

"Clang".

"Clang,clang,clang,cling"

Hearing a disturbance from outside the security door,Crane grabbed the handgun,he had stolen from a guard earlier.Holding the gun up in a ready position and aiming it forward.He slowly etched toward the security door.

"CLANG"

"CLANG"

"CLING"

The noises where getting ever closer.

Getting heavier and heavier with every step.

Crane breathed heavily.He was aware of fear,perhaps a little too aware for his own good. He was now at the security door,and by the sounds of it so was whoever or whatever,was on the other side.He took the window hatch and slid it back.It was a security guard his helmet was down.

"Just a minute,just let me get this door unlocked and Ill..."

He was interrupted by a loud thud on the door.

"THUD"

"THUD"

"THUD"

Low growls and groans could be heard.

"Uhhhhhh"

"Ahhhhhh"

"BAM!"

"Rarghhhhh!"

"THUD"

Crane looked anxiously through the hatch.He couldn't see anything.It was almost as if it was covered up.All of a sudden he could make up an axe been raised,he could see it been swung down,toward the window.Cranes eyes widened just as the axe came down the shape of the head appeared.

"CRACK"

The axe struck the head.As the axe held the head in place the neck was slit with a machete,blood squirted out adding more to the amount already on the hatch.A white gloved hand wiped the blood away.They peered through the glass.

"Get this door open now Crane!"

"Alright Sionis,alright" Crane replied with a sigh of a relief,and re adjusted his spectacles.

"That was fun.You should really try that." Sionis adjusted his tie,and cracked his neck.

"Did you get what I need?" asked Crane timidly.

"Yeah I got em,Doc" Sionis stated confidently.

"Any luck with finding an antidote,Doc?" Sionis asked.

"Not so far,this compound is like nothing I have ever studied before,its unique in its entirety.Its quite brilliant really".

"Though I have found out how the virus works,well that's what I am classifying this as,some sort of pathogen.It seems to spread through a bite,from the saliva of the infected.With access to my toxins I may be able to derive a cure based on the antidote for my own fear toxin.I will also be able to see what type of effects my toxin has on them.Yes that will be most....beneficial."

"Well I sure enjoyed toying with one of those things,most of the time it wasn't even aware" Sionis chuckled.

Crane got back to his desk,only to find the cell holding Victor Zsasz vacant.

"Where did the slasher go?" Sionis questioned.

"Isn't it ironic,that the one who installed terror on so many is now using that fear to try and survive,and the sadist who has tortured so many but cannot torture such creatures.You have both found something that does not fear and that cannot be broken.Is that not just a little remarkable ? But then that leaves myself.I have liberated so many from life,from their meaningless petty existences.But these creatures are so devoid of any humanity all they do is kill and add to their way of been.They are dead yet they carry on,the dead are here to kill the living.The prophecy I have been working towards is finally in full fruition.The dead have come to kill the living.To cease to exist in existence together.I Victor Zsasz shall now take my final mark."

He drew out a knife,gripping the handle he cut the final line on the tally upon his forehead.He then took the knife and drew it from one end of his neck to the other.Blood came seeping out.It gushed every where.Crane and Sionis watched,slightly confused.He rested against the wall and placed himself in a life like pose,just as he had with all of his victims.

"Ruuuuurrrrr"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"THUD"

"THUD"

"Clang"

The thuds and growls of the dead could be heard coming ever closer. Crane looked over at the door.In shock and terror he noticed it had been unlocked.

Black Mask took a rucksack from his shoulder and quickly unzipped it.

"Here!"

He barked,throwing Crane an MP five submachine gun.Sionis checked the ammo of his.Taking an uzi from the bag to sling over his shoulder. Lastly he drew both his Colt 45s from his shoulder holsters to check the ammo.He wiped the blood from his machete and placed it back on his belt.

At the same time Crane opened the briefcase Sionis had brought back.He took his Scarecrow mask and placed it on his head.Quickly taking his skull shaped dispenser and filling it with a green liquid and taking his collapsible scythe and attaching it to his belt.Making sure both his handgun and MP five where loaded.He stood up.

As the rotting hoards of the dead slowly descended upon the room.Both villains took there positions.Both knew exactly what to do.

Black Mask fired off rounds,as Scarecrow threw a fear canister into the crowd of dead flesh.

As they fired at the infected they backed up into a corner of the room.

Black Mask shot from the hip.Spraying a ring of bullets every where.Trying to ensure every round hit.

"Hurry up with the door Crane"

The door was finally open.

One was waiting behind the door,just as it was about to bite into Crane,Black Mask swung his machete. Executing the creature right on the spot.

Both where running quickly.

"Are you sure this leads to the peir?" Crane asked

"Off course I am,I know this place like I know the back of my hand"

Firing off more rounds to ensure less would follow them.They climbed down a ladder and onto a boat.Both breathed easy.Sionis started the engine.

Neither liked or trusted each other,but if they where going to survive,they would need to stick together.For the time being at least.

As the boat roared down the dark waters. Gotham city lay ahead,would it be a safe haven,or even more dangerous than the asylum ?

End

Well that's my first fan fiction posted on hear,its also my first time writing something horror esque too,hope you enjoyed it.

Disclaimer all characters and things associated with such characters belong to DC Comics.

#2 Posted by TheCannon (19477 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Was. Awesome! Please tell me it's more than a one-shot.

#3 Posted by batkevin74 (11224 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

"Are you sure this leads to the peer?" Crane asked

Should be pier, but other than that, great work!

#4 Posted by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio

This is more then i hoped for. You have set the tone and written a brilliant piece at the same time. To echo what Cannon said, I do hope is more.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

This. Was. Awesome! Please tell me it's more than a one-shot.

Thanks I may write more,later.Take it in my own direction.

@batkevin74 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

"Are you sure this leads to the peer?" Crane asked

Should be pier, but other than that, great work!

Thanks,I corrected it. @wildvine said:

This is more then i hoped for. You have set the tone and written a brilliant piece at the same time. To echo what Cannon said, I do hope is more.

Thanks,I may continue to write more stories and make it the start of my own story,like add characters that have already been taken.

Cant wait to read others entries.

#6 Posted by Irishlad (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work I thought it was awesome :P.

A few tiny constructive criticisms for you...

1. you're off on a few spelling such as "bight" is actually "bite",a suggestion I'd have is run it through a spell checker there are plenty online for free and it can be easy to miss a few words in between the sea of paragraphs, it happens to the best of us.

2. I love your use of sound effects but try your best not to overdo it if you understand me? there's an old saying "too much of anything is bad for you"

3. I used to get massacred for this myself but when you're putting paragraphs like the below try to get creative with what you put after the dialogue, a switch up of words can really add to the story so instead of....

Alright Sionis,alright" He replied with a sigh of a relief. Maybe instead put He replied wiping the sweat trickling down his forhead

"That was fun.You should really try that." Sionis adjusted his tie.

"Yeah I got em,Doc" try your best to keep up the consistency of having at least Sionis said or Crane said after each dialogue otherwise people may get lost because while you may know who is speaking in your head others may not.

"Any luck with finding an antidote,Doc?" Sionis asked. Inquired stroking his beard

4. Enjoy it! :) I'm looking forward to see what happens next.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (21284 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this was brilliant mate. Is this part of a fan fic series?

#8 Posted by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Actually this is a new universe i trying to put together.

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Irishlad said:

Great work I thought it was awesome :P.

A few tiny constructive criticisms for you...

1. you're off on a few spelling such as "bight" is actually "bite",a suggestion I'd have is run it through a spell checker there are plenty online for free and it can be easy to miss a few words in between the sea of paragraphs, it happens to the best of us.

2. I love your use of sound effects but try your best not to overdo it if you understand me? there's an old saying "too much of anything is bad for you"

3. I used to get massacred for this myself but when you're putting paragraphs like the below try to get creative with what you put after the dialogue, a switch up of words can really add to the story so instead of....

Alright Sionis,alright" He replied with a sigh of a relief. Maybe instead put He replied wiping the sweat trickling down his forhead

"That was fun.You should really try that." Sionis adjusted his tie.

"Yeah I got em,Doc" try your best to keep up the consistency of having at least Sionis said or Crane said after each dialogue otherwise people may get lost because while you may know who is speaking in your head others may not.

"Any luck with finding an antidote,Doc?" Sionis asked. Inquired stroking his beard

4. Enjoy it! :) I'm looking forward to see what happens next.

I checked the spelling and couldn't find any errors.

I can see what you mean with the sound effects,I tried not to over do it.

I may add some more of the dialogue.

Thanks for the points I will keep em in mind.

@Lvenger said:

Thanks

Well its for the DC Zombies fics.

#10 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fantastic! You've been holding out on us, I see. I'm hooked. :)

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

This is fantastic! You've been holding out on us, I see. I'm hooked. :)

Thank you.

More is to come.

#12 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

It's George A Romero's Arkham Asylum :) Very good, though I do concur though with the critique given by @Irishlad

#13 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson said:

It's George A Romero's Arkham Asylum :) Very good, though I do concur though with the critique given by @Irishlad

Ha ha,I guess it is.

I took em on board and went back and tweaked a couple of things too.

#14 Posted by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio

Check this out.

#15 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Great work:)

#16 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Xxxddd said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Great work:)

Thank you.

#17 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Your welcome.

#18 Posted by Pyrogram (41344 posts) - - Show Bio

This was really good, I enjoyed it. A shame I did not see it before :/ Thanks for letting me know ^_^

Bump also :P

#19 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

This was really good, I enjoyed it. A shame I did not see it before :/ Thanks for letting me know ^_^

Bump also :P

Thanks

#20 Edited by Deadite (25411 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a nice find. I really enjoyed the story and the characters. The saidst character and the description using the dialogue and the irony is impressive, I'm impress that this was your first fan-fic.

So glad I picked up and read this (:

#21 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadite said:

This was a nice find. I really enjoyed the story and the characters. The saidst character and the description using the dialogue and the irony is impressive, I'm impress that this was your first fan-fic.

So glad I picked up and read this (:

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the late reply by the way it didn't show up in my inbox

#22 Posted by wildvine (10374 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombie bump