DC Zombies: Batman (Pre Outbreak) 1 of ?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Bruce Wayne the man known as Batman stood on top of a rooftop overlooking his city. His home, GOTHAM CITY. However this was not the night he was used to, Gotham City, the city he had always called home was dieing. From the safety of the rooftop Batman could see dozens of people, anyone who hadn't been watching the news would naturally assume some kind of riot was taking place. If they thought this, they would be dead. Batman placed a finger on the side of his mask's communicator.

"Alfred." Batman said into the earpiece "It's gotten worse since I was last out." Batman had seen many terrible things since his parents were murdered 18 years ago, but none as painful as this. Everything in his city was dieing, the people, his allies and even his legacy.

"Sir..." Alfred muttered through the ear piece " Maybe you should leave the mission and retreat to safer ground." Batman frowned even more then he was already.

"I've located the subject and I'm ready for retrieval. Batman out." If Alfred was going to argue further Batman didn't hear it, he pulled his grapple gun out of his boot and dived from the side of the building, his cape automatically slowed his descent and allowed him to grapple onto the top of a lamp post. Batman watched as the hordes of people ran by, nobody noticed him, while several gun shots were fired from the crowd.

"Good." Batman thought "I thought I'd lost you." Batman aimed his grapple gun at a flagpole on the side of a building, he grappled up to it and got a clear view of his target. Police Commissioner James Gordon, he was surrounded by these... things. They were animals, they ate anything they could find, they'd killed hundreds of people and with each kill their numbers grew. The GCPD building had been hit badly, dozens of police died, including Harvey Bullock, Gordon had barely gotten away but had been infected. He may be Gotham's only hope. Gordon made a mistake and ran down an alleyway, all of the monsters followed him. Batman had, had enough he grappled to a fire escape and leaped off of it just over where Gordon was pressed up against a wall pulling out his pistol and threatening the creatures wasn't working, Batman threw several smoke bombs just in front of the monsters. It wouldn't work, but it would give him several seconds to get Gordon out of there. Batman threw several grenades into the smoke and landed next to Gordon. He grabbed him and shot the grapple gun onto a rooftop just as several monsters ran out of the smoke.

-----

"Sir, are you sure this is the best idea?" Asked Alfred as he finished restraining Gordon to a table. Batman stood at the Bat computer monitoring the news channels, while Alfred cautiously stepped away from Gordon.

"This virus first appeared in Gotham, 3 days ago." Said Batman, "Since then there have been a dozen other cases in Metropolis, New York and Coast City. I need to end this now!" Batman sat down in his chair and activated a button on his gauntlet.

"Sir?" Said Alfred. "How do you plan to do this?" Batman moved the news screen on the computer and brought up a screen showing samples of multiple people including Solomon Grundy, Doomsday and Ra's Al Gaul. A cabinet automatically opened revealing several test tubes labeled "Plague blood." Batman took the tubes out and handed the tubes to Alfred.

"I've tested every single super human blood type I have, for someone that could be resistant to the plague. Now is the moment of truth. Alfred I want you to mix all of the blood into a syringe and inject it into James." Alfred walked up the stairs to Wayne Manor and out of sight. Batman sighed and sat down in a chair, he was exhausted. A few minutes later Alfred returned carrying a syringe filled with the blood, he handed the blood to Batman who gently injected it into Gordon's shoulder. Batman waited for the blood in the syringe to fade from view and took the syringe out. He performed a scan of Gordon's DNA only to see the antidote had, had no effect on the infection.

"Damn it." Batman muttered out loud, Alfred simply picked the syringe up off the floor and took it away upstairs. Batman took off his mask and rubbed his head, he collapsed into his chair and lowered his head.

"It's like the end of the world out there." Someone said from behind Bruce.

"Hello Dick. I take it you got my call?" Asked Bruce.

Bruce turned around in the chair to see the badly bruised Batgirl and Nightwing stood next to the struggling Gordon. Bruce lowered his head as he realized that the other members of the Bat Family would not be coming to help him.

"Me and Barbs were the only ones to get your call, nobody knows what's happened to Tim, Jason and Damien. Last I saw there were a few dozen zombies attacking Selina's place, I wasn't sure if she was in there though. Barbra's not really up for talking right now."

Bruce placed his hand on the side of the table as Barbra Gorden and Dick Grayson watched him.

"So what's the plan?" asked Dick.

"The plan? The plan is you two, find any other surviving heroes you can, help the GCPD contain the infected, this is war! If you have to, use lethal tactics on them. You know how to use them, it's kill or be killed! You mustn't hold back!"

Bruce Wayne slammed his hand on the table as Dick and Barbra frowned.

"WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET THEM WIN!"

Next issue: They let them win.

Okay so DC Zombies 1! Yeah. I've got nothing, be sure to comment below on what you think!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TommytheHitman

Hey could I have some feedback please? None of my stories so far this week have had ANY comments.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@TommytheHitman:Great start.Keep it up.

Other stories? Provide me with some links and I will check them out.

And anyone else who is reading this feel free to send me your work and I will read it and tell you what I think.I forget to visit the fan fic section regularly enough,but I will always read those I am sent and will make an effort to post more.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

A little bit rough Tommy. I will elaborate tomorrow.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BlackReaper

I figured if someone's going to find a cure for the virus, it'll be Batman. I'm curious to find out what happens. By the way, I'll probably write something about Jason Todd, so make sure not to kill him off if he shows up in your story. Good job, though.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@TommytheHitman: Okay, if you're going to write Batman stories you kinda need to know how to spell one of his oldest allies names. James/Jim Gordon not Gorden! Also (and I'm not a scientist, and neither are you is my guess) but the idea of injecting a normal person with Solomon Grundy & Doomsday DNA, without first testing it on HIMSELF is kinda outta character in my opinion, along with this quote

If you have to, use lethal tactics on them. You know how to use them, it's kill or be killed! You mustn't hold back!"

Even though its zombies, instructing and endorsing killing tactics isn't really a Batman thing.

The idea is good but in the context of Batman, I'm not 100% sold on your story so far.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TommytheHitman

@BlackReaper: He won't be showing up, but if you do write him could you make it so that his communicator gets torn up or something?

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By BlackReaper

@TommytheHitman said:

@BlackReaper: He won't be showing up, but if you do write him could you make it so that his communicator gets torn up or something?

Will do.