DC Zombies: Arkham Island #0

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheJester

Two shots rang out, making the corpses head burst into a variety of small chunks, flying onto the rusty gates, only blending into the dark crimson-like color that it already was. Harvey Dent sprinted across the muddy path as the rain pelted down, forcing the orange Prisoner’s uniform. (One half ripped in a variety of places, the other completely normal.) to stick against his skin, the handgun held tightly within his grip, his breathing heavy.

“SIONIS! STOP!” He screamed, as the two figures in the distance made their way to the docks in Arkham East, this may be his only chance off this godforsaken island. The only problem? The moaning of the animated corpses, coupled with the gunfire, which by the way, Black Mask had been firing quite frivolously, and if they were feeling anything like he was, the vicious pounding of their hearts within their chests. He was doomed, he knew it, this was the end, they werne’t going to hear him. “CRANE! SIONIS!” One more shot, unfortunately missing the head, and flying right through the young nurses throat, the dark red, bordering on black fluid spewing through the air, a small splash just furthering the stains on his outfit.

The boat’s engine started, and they were off, Harvey made it within ten feet of the dock, just behind the huge horde of undead creatures. “NO! NO! SIONIS! CRANE! DAMMIT!” He screamed, stomping his foot deep into the mud, a tear slipping from his good eye. “No, no, no,no....” He muttered to himself, before he was pulled back to reality, forced to look up, at the group of zombies, staring him down, coming right towards him.

One shot.

Two shots.

Three Shots.

Click, click, click....Click....

“Christ...” He uttered, continuously pulling the trigger, even though he knew he was out of ammo, he only had one and a half clips to begin with, it was amazing he’d lasted two days on just that. Not that it made much difference now. “Didn’t even save a bullet for myself...You mean two...SHUT UP!” He argued with himself as the horde drew closer, he needed to think fast, that was for sure. He flipped the gun around, a standard glock, six bullet clips, and held it by the barrell. He was going down, but not without a fight. He viciously took multiple swings, with the handle of the gun, making contact with the heads of at least four corpses before being pushed down to the ground. He laid there, holding one off of him, only inches away from his face, droplets of blood falling from it’s rotting mouth, behind it, the impending group. “DAMMIT!” He screamed, the jig was up, this was how he was going down.

The cold liquid was sudden, as the Zombie in which he was holding off’s head exploded, the rotting brain matter from within flying against his face. More shots as various zombies fell before him, their bodies falling to the ground, but not before spraying ridiculous amounts of blood onto him.

“DON’T JUST SIT THERE!” The voice screamed from behind him, a fairly young man in his late 20’s, no shirt, just torn orange pants, his skin was severely burnt, or most of it anyways, and in his hands, he held a shotgun, the type that the watchtower guards used. “Come on!” He yelled, snapping Harvey out of his funk. He stood up quickly, and reached into his pocket, pulling out his coin as Lynns continued to fire.

“It’s a no-brainer Harv...” He whispered to himself. “You’re right...” He replied,, sticking it back in his pocket and sprinting towards Lynn’s who was already dashing in the opposite directions.

“You are so lucky I came out here and saved your ass! At first, I was just going to leave you! But I decided not too!” Garfield stated, huffing and puffing, sprinting towards one of the side doors to Arkham Mansion, which when he got there, he threw himself against, and tried to pull open, but, unfortunately, he got no response, no matter how many times he pulled. “DAMMIT!” He yelled.

“You didn’t prop the thing open!? REALLY!?” Harvey screamed in reply, staring back at the large group of animated corpses sprinting at them, all topsy turvy, blood dripping from various gaping wounds on their decaying flesh.

“Of course I didn’t! I was in the heat of the moment! I came to save you! Didn’t think I’d make it in time...Damn, he told me I shouldn’t have come for you! He told me and I didn’t listen! Dammit Lynns, why ya gotta be so nice!?” Lynns screamed, continuing to try and open the metal door. “And I’ve only got three bullets left! He wouldn’t let me take anymore! Said this was suicide to begin with!”

“Who!? Who said that!?” Harvey asked, quite loudly, frustrated, as the metal door swing open, and shots were fired taking out a few zombies, and there in the doorway, in his own little orange uniform, holding a shotgun that was much too big for him, was Oswald Cobblepot.

“Come on!” He yelled in his thick british accent, pulling Lynns through the door, and once Harvey was in, slamming it shut, and sprinting down the dimly lit hallway of Arkham Mansion, to a rather large wooden door. “Open up!” He yelled, a series of locks were undone before it opened, revealing the tall, slender appearance of Jeremiah Arkham.

“You’re all alive...” He said, in a rather quiet tone, before lifting up a magnum, and pointing it straight at Harvey’s face. “Have you been bitten, scratched or ingested any of the corpses blood either accidentally or for whatever reason purposely at any time within the last twenty-four hours?” He asked, as both Oswald and Garfield inched passed him into the room, each noticeably frightened, a side of Jeremiah Harvey had never even seen. He replied to this question as he replied to most, with the flip of a coin, and once he had looked at the result of the toss, he replied.

“No, and even if I had, Jerry, you don’t have it in you to pull the trigger, I know youyou wouldn’t kill your fellow man, it would be a godsend if you could even shoot one of these damn zombies.” He pointed out , pushing him out of the way and entering the room. Jeremiah, in relative shock, slammed the door behind him, and locked every lock on the door. Harvey looked the room over, quite spacious, before, outside of the room, a loud, shrill scream of a woman could be heard, before a large bang, followed by an outrageous amount of moaning.

“Just as we feared....They’ve broken through the main corridor....” Jeremiah said, staring at the door....

TO BE CONTINUED.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Fantastic work.

You might just need to go back and edit a bit there are a couple of typos but apart from that great job,keep it up.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

A few typo's, but otherwise bravo. You perfectly caught the atmosphere, and I really felt this seemed with MrDL's story wonderfully. Great job.