#1 Edited by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio
So far: Krypton has been attacked by the annihilation wave and is destroyed. Baby Kal-El has been shot into space…

The rise of the common “superhero” during the outbreak of World War 2 had prompted the United States military to hold routine check-ups of Earth’s surroundings, what they hoped to find no-one knew. It wasn’t a project just anybody knew about, it was so classified that not even the president knew all the details. Most of the men involved thought they were simply checking on potential meteor showers, the true cause was only known to a handful of men. The country’s most trusted personnel, of which Colonel Sam Lane was included. A fairly young man in comparison to others who shared his rank, cropped black hair and a smile that didn’t change no matter what the situation. He was just finishing a report when one of his men burst through the door. “Sir! We’ve got something!”

“What is it?” He asked, glancing at a picture of his infant daughter.

“That’s the thing…we don’t know. It seems to be a cross between a meteor shower and something else. We’re picking up trace amounts of metal but our database can’t find a match. It might be alien of some sort.”

“Get the General on the phone and the men prepped. We move out in 5.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//“All I’m saying Martha is if neither of us have a problem then maybe it is fate!” Cried Jonathan Kent, trying with all his will not to take his anger out on the accelerator.

“Hogwash!” Cried his wife. The Kent’s were just on their way back from a trip to the city doctor. They had been attempting to conceive for close to two years now, and since both were in their mid-to-late 30s, they decided a check-up would be a decent idea. “You don’t know anything! My mother never had any problem having kids!”

“I’m reminded of that every time your sister comes round!”

“Which one?!”

“Does it matter?! I hate them all!”

“How dare you?! I never say that about your siblings!” Martha was furious now and Jonathan knew he was in for a terrible 10-20 minutes left of driving and so sighed loudly, letting her know he was done with it. Martha had no intention of letting the matter slide and looked out her window as she thought of new things to add to the “discussion.” Suddenly, the vehicle swerved violently as a sheet of metal crashed in front of the car. Jonathan Kent struggled to keep the truck upright, eventually losing the battle as they tumbled off the road and into the field on the right. Jonathan unclipped his seat belt as the car came to a stop and forced his forearm through his window, sliding out he ran his tongue over his teeth and then hurried to Martha’s side. He grabbed hold of the door and with all his strength pulled, luckily being able to free it. “I-I can’t get ou—” Martha coughed, a mix of blood and tears running down her left cheek. Jonathan reached into the glove compartment and produced a pen knife, steadying himself he began to cut through the passenger seat belt. With Martha free, he helped her out of the truck and onto the grass, both pausing to look at the wreckage as soon as they were clear. The piece of metal that had caused them to swerve didn’t arrive alone and Jonathan thought he saw another piece on the other side of the road. After helping Martha to the ground he ran across, finding another identical sheet before spotting a mangled pile of metal in the distance. As he approached, the pile turned into the shape of a ship, something straight from the science fiction films he had watched when he was younger. He was about to head back when he heard a faint murmur coming from the wreckage. He tore into the top of the vessel, ripping through it inch by inch. The murmur had developed into a cry now and Jonathan rose from the wreckage carrying a small baby, with black hair and hands clasped tight on the blue blanket he was being carried in.

#2 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

Part 2!

#3 Posted by wildvine (10367 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoo-hoo. Awesome Cap. Just Fantasmogorical.

#4 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Thanks!

#5 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: very cool

#6 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy: very cool

I got a very!

#7 Posted by The Poet (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Well I first wrote just "cool" but right before i posted I decided "Very cool" was more fitting of the story...

#8 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Haha

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: very awesome. Just one question is this set in WW2 ?

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#11 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@CapFanboy: very awesome. Just one question is this set in WW2 ?

No, the reference was to superheroes such as Cap A and Namor who popped up in WW2 and since then the government have been watching...everywhere. *Gasp!*

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

“Which one?!”

Bwhahahahaha I love this bit! Jonathan Kent channeling his inner Homer Simpson (the way Homer feels about Patty & Selma) :) Good work

#13 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@CapFanboy said:

“Which one?!”

Bwhahahahaha I love this bit! Jonathan Kent channeling his inner Homer Simpson (the way Homer feels about Patty & Selma) :) Good work

I may have err...been remembering things at this point...xD

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: oh cool cant wit to see what you do next

#15 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

...What Wild said... I think.

I'm going to take a wild guess. The baby grows up, finds out he has superpowers, and becomes BATMAN! Wait, that's not right.

#16 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

It's building towards something...I did feel it was a bit short but overall it is gaining momentum. Good work

#17 Posted by CapFanboy (5366 posts) - - Show Bio

@LadyLigeia: I haven't written anything for the third part yet xD I'll start it tonight

#18 Posted by alezayas (13 posts) - - Show Bio

This is amazing! MOAR PLEASE! Keep me in the loop! :D

#19 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if I read this already...

Anyways, GREAT WORK!

#20 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!