#1 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

Note: This is basically me introducing several characters from the DCU into the Marvel U. Some individuals and some groups like the GL Corps and the JSA. Anyway here we go!

Superman - Beginnings

Rumours of the annihilation wave had long plagued the advanced planets. The mightiest of them, a planet called Krypton, housed a collection of the strongest beings in existence. Not only were they a physically powerful race, but they were also well-versed in the world of technology. They were certain not even they, a species of the highest calibre, could combat an army the size they were threatened with. So they began work. Vessels that could carry their young to distant planets, evading the clutch of the merciless Annihilus and hide within the stars themselves, becoming ever-more powerful until they could topple his reign. Finally, after years of preparation, they day they feared came. A swarm of insect-like creatures descended onto Krypton, the military were the first to fall. Following them, local law enforcement and finally civilians. The call was made and millions of little rockets were shot into the sky, but they proved no match for the hoard of slayers that were waiting for them. One by one they all fell, every child and baby on Krypton slain. Except one. One who wasn’t shot into the sky with the others. One whose rocket was not ready to fly just yet. The only one who would survive. The last son of Krypton.

In the midst of all the destruction, one house remained untouched. A house could not be seen by eyes that were not Kryptonian. The house of El. However, the usually vibrant halls of Krypton’s most shamed scientist remained empty as the various house members gathered underneath, where their small child’s rocket was being prepared. This ship was different to the others, made of a rare Kryptonian substance called Lekline. An unbreakable metal that could not even be bent by a Kryptonian. The shape of the ship was smaller and more streamlined. Shards of green Kryptonite were stuffed into the nozzle, dampening the child’s strength so that he would sleep throughout the journey, another purpose for the rock was that it would combat the effect of the black Kryptonite that powered the ship’s engine along with the thermal technology that Jor-El had developed. Jor-El was just placing some blankets in the pod when the sound of crying and heavy-breathing came from behind. Lara Zor-El sat behind him, partially crying at the destruction of her home and partially about losing her son to the stars, but she knew that Kal would die if he stayed here, and that Jor-El was right to build the ship himself. Even if the wave detected it, they still wouldn’t be able to break through. Kal-El made no noise as he was removed from his basket and placed into the ship. Touching the glass as his parents and family waved goodbye.

#2 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright fine. I didn't want to pull a Prime but...

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19040 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Hehe, thanks

#5 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Starship Troopers, Krypton edition. Good job, I liked it.

#6 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Never watched starship troopers...should I?

#7 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy:

#9 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: @Z3RO180:

Haha! Thanks guys

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Great job dude you have clearly thought this out but now i must wait for part two just like i must wait for invincible conpendium volume 2...oh how cruel fate can be :(

#11 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@CapFanboy: Great job dude you have clearly thought this out but now i must wait for part two just like i must wait for invincible conpendium volume 2...oh how cruel fate can be :(

Don't worry I don't plan on making you wait that long xD

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Cool...still need to wait for the compendium thow :/

#13 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@AweSam said:

Yes, because, you know... space bugs lol

#14 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@CapFanboy said:

@AweSam said:

Yes, because, you know... space bugs lol

Haha, okay then xD

#15 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Sems everyone is doing Marvel superman! joshmightbe, you...that other guy! Noice!!!

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24967 posts) - - Show Bio

A competing Marvel Superman, I guess that means I'll have to step mine up, good job

#17 Posted by batkevin74 (11037 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Nice! Now is Lekline something you made up or an actual Kryptonian thing, coz I've never heard of it until right now. I also like you adding the various colours of kryptonite early in the piece. Maybe you and should collaborate on one when you're both done with your respective MU Supermen and have him land in the BRPD Universe working alongside a cigar chomping demon...

#18 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Thanks xD It is made up...I needed something that sounded metal-ish and thought it would work.

@joshmightbe: Hehe, I don't think I've read yours...I might have but just forgot. I'll check it out.

@tomdickharry1984: I really only wanted to write a fight scene between him and Thor...but more characters will be joining this DC to Marvel thing

#19 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: cool

#20 Posted by Rusty_Irons (627 posts) - - Show Bio

cool.

#21 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

So in your world kryptonite is already dangerous to kryptonians? And Jor-El willingly puts his child in a rocket packed with the stuff? Call CHILD SERVICES! Also is Lara a Zor-El, I never knew her history/family tree that would make either her brother or sister Kara's parent (is that how she fits in????) Good story, similar to what I've read from joshmightbe

#22 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy: cool

@tmacximas said:

cool.

Thanks guys

@4donkeyjohnson said:

So in your world kryptonite is already dangerous to kryptonians? And Jor-El willingly puts his child in a rocket packed with the stuff? Call CHILD SERVICES! Also is Lara a Zor-El, I never knew her history/family tree that would make either her brother or sister Kara's parent (is that how she fits in????) Good story, similar to what I've read from joshmightbe

Yes, I was going to make it useful medically and for police and armed forces as well since it dulls the immune system and physical strength of a Kryptonian...On Lara, I have no idea. I'm not really a Superman fan. I just wanted Batman in the MU so thought the best way to see if I could do it was try Supes first.

#23 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Coolios idea Cap. : )

#24 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

awesomesauce!

#25 Posted by Z3RO180 (6633 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Number 2 up yet?

#26 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes where is number 2 :)

#27 Edited by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@CapFanboy: Number 2 up yet?

@4donkeyjohnson said:

Yes where is number 2 :)

Sorry guys, I've hit a block in the story where it can go one of three ways, all of which are quite fun. So I'm writing all three and choosing which sounds better :) Thanks for the interest though!

#28 Posted by CapFanboy (5333 posts) - - Show Bio

@LadyLigeia: thanks