Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedHood13
No Caption Provided

DOWNTOWN METROPOLIS (2005)

He’s wearing a…oh my god! He’s wearing a black and grey outfit, with a red cape and belt. On his chest, a grey El crest. That portal must’ve been from Krypton! Krypton isn’t destroyed yet? what if he knows how to time travel and he can send me to the future! I have so many questions, that will have to wait to be answered. He’s waking up. His eyes open quickly. He looks confused then surprised. Then I sensed a determination.

“The El crest.” He whispers.

“Yes, I’m-” BOOM! Before I finish he punches me in the jaw. I shoot backwards into a nearby building. I get back up as soon as possible. He’s already up and is walking towards me. All I can think is Who is this guy.

“Hmph! You don’t DESERVE to wear that symbol you weak human! I should take it off myself! In fact…I WILL” He threatens.

I don’t show how confused, scared and excited I am. I stand confident as if I was a senior getting threatened by a kindergartener. I reply with “If I’m a human, how can I do-” in an instant I’m right in front of him. I sock him in between the eyes sending him into the building in front of me. “-that?”

He gets up and wipes off the debris. “Hmph…so you’re not human…but I know an El when I see one and trust me I’ve never seen you before.” I zoom up to his face

“Well get a good look!” I uppercut him and send him into the sky. Instead of falling back down he flies back up above the clouds. I follow him. I see nothing but the clouds below me then BAM! He hits me on the head sending me to the ground. I catch myself and I fly back up there. I punch him on the crown of his head sending him down into Lake Luthor. He gets out of the water and heads for me. I zoom off in the direction of the Fortress of Solitude so we can straighten everything out.

When I make it to the North Pole I look back to see if he’s still following me. He’s nowhere to be found. I look ahead again and there he is. He throws a punch at me. I dodge it. He throws another and I dodge that as well. We both throw punches and kicks, but we both either block or dodge them. We get in a few blows but not a whole lot. I finally catch both of his fists and yell

STOP!” There’s a pause.

“I am an El. I’m the son of Jor-El and Lara-El. I was sent here as a toddler” I explain. He stops

“But you died! Doo…the monster killed you and your parents.” He says

“Apparently not! Come on, I need to show you something” I tell him. I fly towards the Fortress of Solitude as he follows me.

THE FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE

“My apologies Kal-El. I attacked you before I knew anything about you. I’m glad that Krypton still has hope.” Mon-El apologies.

“I thought Krypton was destroyed. I assumed that they sent me back right before Krypton was destroyed because all of the information stops there.” I say.

“No. The information stops there because that’s where your Parents lives stop.” Mon-El tells me.

“Why doesn’t my Mother talk to me?” I ask hoping he would know.

“Her consciousness probably wasn’t uploaded correctly.” Mon-El says.

“So, what’s Krypton like now?” I ask. I’m praying for a positive answer, even though I know I won’t get one.

“It’s ruled by Brainiac. He took over shortly after you left. The whole world looks like a junkyard. His robots police us around. If you step just a millimeter over the line, no not over the line if you step on the line you’ll be punished severely. Punishments range from incarceration to death. There are some that have crossed that line very far and a long time ago. That’s the Resistance. We are the rebels. We are the ones that do what everyone wants to do, but can’t. Everything from shooting robots to freeing prisoners. Some of us have died, some have been imprisoned, but no matter what we will keep fighting. Your father’s best friend Dru-Zod started it. He honored your families’ death by starting it. He knew that Jor-El would do it.” Mon-El explains.

“Who’s Dru-Zod?” I ask.

“I believe I can give insight on this one.” My father says.

“Alright Uncle Jor” Mon-El says relieved that he doesn’t have to explain Zod’s long history.

“Dru-Zod is one of the greatest men I’ve ever known.” Jor-El says “We grew up as friends and we were till the day I died. We went on to be in the army in the Great War. I left to become a scientist, but he stayed longer. When he wasn’t fighting he’d help me on experiments. He aided me on my space voyages as my co-captain. The last time I saw him was about an hour before I sent you here. He was about to go into battle against the monster. I said to him ‘Don’t die friend’ and he ran into battle. He is the one who should’ve said that to me I guess. I’m just glad he’s still alive.” Jor-El finishes

“It’s been a long time.” I say.

“Kryptonians age slower once they finish puberty. Our 100 is your 50. He’s only 66. So he’s relatively your age Kal-El.” Mon-El explains to me.

“How does that happen?” I ask

“Once puberty is finished you are injected with various serums that together make you age slower.” Mon-El answers.

“Cool!”

THE DAILY PLANET

I feel bad for Mon-El. He’s probably so worried about the resistance. I wish we had the resources to time travel. We could both go to Krypton and stop Brainiac. At least I get to meet someone else like me! I have to tell Mom and Dad. I’ll call them after I finish this transcript. I finish the one with me talking to myself, but I also have a video with me and Mon-El talking. We made the decision of saying that Krypton was a whole other planet, so the public wouldn’t know of the future. It will already be changed enough.

“You finished with your BIG ARTICLE Kent?” Lois asks. This time I’m not going to act scared.

“Nope.” I say. Short and to the point.

“How much more do you have to do?’ she asks.

“A little” I answer.

“When do you think you’ll be done?” she asks.

“I don’t know” I answer.

“Is it good?” she asks. I shrug. I save my work, log off the computer, get out of my seat and exit my cubicle.

“By Lois, see you tomorrow!” I say as I exit the office. I get on the elevator and the doors close. I know that right now Lois is trying to log on to my computer so she can read my article. That’s why I e-mailed the file to my personal laptop then deleted the file. I then cleared my browser history so she couldn’t guess that I e-mailed it. I also created a file named BIG ARTICLE. If she opens it she will see a document that looks like this.

No Caption Provided

I get off the elevator and into the lobby. People are rushing in hiding behind the front desk, chairs and plants. I go to the glass doors and look out to see a 9ft tall purple…monster in the middle of the road. Surrounding him are shriveled dry corpses. They look like all the life had been sucked out of them.

WHERE IS KAL-EL?” it says in its loud, menacing voice.

I can only say one thing…I’m glad I brought the crest!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really great issue!

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@redhood13: Huh that's different but I guess this fan-fic. I was under the impression that Zod was a merciless military man and a bad guy. Also is ole purple puss the Parasite? Keep up the story it seems like an interesting re-imagining of a classic tale.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SteveMcQueen36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Very cool! I really like your Superman. I can't wait to see where this is going.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

Finally after so much time I read it. Great issue and I am looking forward to what will happen next!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't wait to see more of the Krypton you've created. If I was a betting man, I'd say Superboy won't be the only tie to Krypton in future issues ;)