Hi, It's RedHood13 here and I had the idea for a new DC Fan-Fic Group. I know that there are a lot of fan-fic groups here, but I haven't seen a DC one in a while other than Future Shock.
What Are The Rules?
Here are the basic rules for the group.
- (Insert Hero Here) Can Have 2 Titles!: Unlike most fan-fic groups if a character is already taken for a story, you CAN have a title that stars that character as well, as long as they are set in different timelines. The challenge with this is that you have to Talk with the writer of the other title about their character and their ideas and you'd have to fit them into one universe. (Real comics that do this: Batman and Batman The Dark Knight, Superman and Action Comics, etc.)
- Only DC Characters Can Have Titles: You probably knew this, but just to make sure, only DC characters can have titles. You can have OC's, but the titles must revolve around a already established DC character.
- Origins Must Be Told in 1 of the Characters Titles:For example, in DC comics Batman has various titles he stars in that take place at different times. This is aloud in this group. The one exception to that is one of those titles MUST tell the characters origin and that character can't have more than one title until one of those titles writers claim to be telling the origin. That origin could be told Arrow style through flashbacks or classic Batman Year One style as well. It can take place at any time in the heroes career as long as at some point you tell the origin.
- No Justice League Yet!: I don't want the Justice League to happen yet. I want all of the Main characters to be established in their comics already. At least one story arc. If you want to do a team story other than JL I'll tell you if it's alright.
- I'd Prefer Story Arcs: I'd prefer if the titles had story arcs, but if they don't it's fine.
- Contact Me When You Post: When you post a story contact me and i'll put it in the DC Re-Invented Library.
- I Want A Re-Invented Character: The point of this is to completely reinvent a character. Now you can stick to the basics like Bruce Wayne's parents were killed and Superman is from Krypton, but I want new twists. What if Krypton was really a future earth and Jor-El sent Kal-El back in time to stop the end of the earth from happening.
- Only 3 Titles: Each Person can have up to 3 titles to themselves. That includes if they work on a title with another person. (not including One Shots)
- If It's Posted It's Canon: Let's say the writer of Superman puts Batman in one of his issues before the Batman writer posts his story. Let's say the Superman writer made Batman a vampire that turned into a bat on the full moon. Let' say the writer posts that story before the Batman writer posts his. That Batman writer must now alter his story so that Batman is a vampire that turns into a bat on the full moon. If it's posted it's canon and no matter what your plans for the character were you have to alter your story. This is one reason why It's best to talk it out with the other writers on the PM.
How Do I Join?
To Join all you have to do is comment on this post and make sure you tag me in your comment. Once you join you will be added to a PM where you can discuss your stories with other writers.
What Are the Titles?
So If you wanna sign up just comment below, if you have questions comment also or PM me for either. DEUCES!!