Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedHood13

DC Re-Invented: Man of Steel

Origin Pt. 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KRYPTON

BOOM! The ground trembles. “Jor-El please! Don’t do this!” Lara-El begs her husband.

“Lara he is the only hope for Krypton. Where we’re sending him he’ll be like a God. He’ll have immense power that people there could only dream of.” Jor-El assures her.

“They’ll kill him…” Lara-El argues. She swiftly turns away from Jor-El as a tear sheds and slowly trickles down her face. Jor-El places his hands on her shoulders.

“Killing him is a feat that not even the smartest human could achieve. Not even in Kal-El’s infantry” Jor-El promises her. Lara-El turns around and hugs her husband tight. “Lara, it is vital that you go retrieve the El crest. It holds everything Kal-El will need to know about his heritage and it contains the duplicated consciousness of you and I.” Jor-El beckons her.

Lara rushes to the entrance of her house. There above the door is the El crest. Lara returns to her husband and places it in his hands. Jor-El sprints to the space pod carrying Kal-El. At the head of the pod there is an indentation in the shape of the crest. Jor-El places the crest in the indentation. The crest lowers into the ship and the indentation closes.

“Launch beginning in T minus 30 seconds” the El home A.I says as the pod rotates up into launching position. A big CRASH is heard followed by a slow paced THUMP THUMP.

“It’s here!” Lara says as she squeezes Jor-El. THUMP THUMP.

“What does it matter Lara?” THUMP THUMP “Our purpose in life has been fulfilled” THUMP THUMP “…isn’t that all that matters?” The pod shoots into the sky. At the edge of Krypton’s atmosphere a portal opens. The portal is not very big, but big enough for the pod to fit. The pod enters the portal and the portal closes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMALLVILLE

“NO, STOP! GET OFF OF HIM!!! NO! LUKE DON’T DO THAT! PETE!!” I can hear Lana’s screams. I could hear everything. I’m a freak. I’m…different. They see me as a freak, but they don’t know about my curse. If they did, they wouldn’t bully me. They’d be scared of me. I don’t know why they enjoy torturing me. Teachers can’t stop it and have stopped trying. Lana the most beautiful and popular girl in the school can’t stop it. No matter how popular or pretty she was her screams could not stop them. I could. I wouldn’t have to touch them. All I’d have to do is look at them and flash my red eyes and they would run. But I can’t, and that sucks!

“Hey get up Clark! Can you get up? HAHAHA. You can’t do sh*t” taunts Luke Howard as his “gang” beats me up. Well, do you call it beating someone up when it doesn’t hurt? There punches are like the touch of a newborn baby. I could smack them across the schoolyard into the school if I wanted to. And I do want to. But I can’t, and that sucks!

BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!! A new class is starting, which means I am saved by the bell. Same thing happened yesterday, and the day before that. It’s not like they hurt me. It just annoys me. I could break every bone in their bodies with a tap. I could shatter their eardrums with a scream. I could render them on fire with a look. But I can’t, and that sucks…

“Have a nice day Clark!” Mr. Shuster says as I exit his store.

“You too Mr. Shuster!” I respond. Mr. Shuster owned the local comic shop. I’ve loved comics since I was young. I like all sorts of comics. Ones like Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers and Dick Tracy have lasted since the early 1900’s. Comic books are like my escape from this awful world I live in. Sometimes I feel like I could use my curse to help better people lives, but then I remember that day, when Dad said

“If you show ANYBODY your abilities, they’ll call 911. You’ll be arrested, The government might run tests on you and they’ll kill you” I responded with

“But how would they kill me? They can’t hurt me! I hate that! WHY CAN’T I BE NORMAL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! I’m a freak…a loser…a failure. WHY DID YOU BRING ME INTO THIS WORLD…and why can’t you take me out…” tears ran down my face. Dad just replied with

“…Normal sucks…”

CRASH! Where is she, where is she!

“*cough, cough*…h-he*cough*help…” I hear her. My mind races Why can’t my hearing pin point where she is. Maybe I have to focus. Yeah, I have to focus. But focusing takes too long and I need to get her out fast. No, use your curse. I can’t take too long where is she. Calm down calm down you’ll be able to focus Clark. No! Gotta do this now now! I can’t slow down she’s gonna die. Then I see her. I see right through the smoke, wood and he flames…to Lana. I ignore the impossible feat I just did and I throw the debris on top of her to the side.

“*cough*Clark*cough, cough* is that *cough* is that you?” Lana asks. I don’t answer. I pick Lana up and I dart out of the room to the stairs. A wall of fire stands in front of us. I can make it through, but she can’t. I panic, and I do one thing that seems like it would never work, but it did. I blow on the fire and the flams extinguish instantly. Without questioning I sprint down the stairs. Sprinting for me is like Joseph Keter speed times ten. I burst through the door set Lana down and run back into the building to save the rest of them. As I save the other people in the building I think to myself. Did I really just do that? I just saved someone’s life...

I come out of the building with the last person and before anyone could see me I run as fast as I can away from the scene. Hopefully no one saw me. I just used my curse…in a good way…no harm done to ANYONE…I can use my power, and that ROCKS!

I sit in my room, reading the epilogue of one of the best crossover events in comic book history. Sherlock Holmes and Dick Tracy. The world’s finest detectives. Can’t believe these comics have lasted so long.

“CLARK!!” My dad shouts

“YEAH?” I holler back

“COME DOWN HERE PLEASE!” He tells me. I drop my comic, jump out of the bed and head downstairs. Once I get to the family room I see Mom and Dad watching the news. Mom in her rocking chair and Dad in his recliner. I sit down on the sofa.

“What’s up?” I ask.

“Did you hear about the guy who saved all those people from your school that was on fire.?” My Dad asks.

“No! What happened?” I say “concerned”, when really I was “lying through my teeth” as my Grandparents would say.

“Watch” Dad turns up the TV. The cute anchorwoman says

“Today at Smallville High a HUGE fire broke out. Firefighters went in, but could only get around the 1st floor. According to witnesses the fire fighters had just about given up when a red and blue blur zoomed into the school. About a minute later the blur came out with sophomore Lana Lang. The blur continued to go in and out the school each time with more people. Not only did the blur save dozens of lives, but it also put out the fire in the progress. Due to the survivors being in the hospital we do not have any interviews for you about the blur, but we expect to have those tomorrow.” Dad turns the TV off.

“Isn’t that just weird” Dad says

“Yeah it is” I respond.

“Clark, I’m not stupid!” My dad says.

“Who said you were?” I retort

“I told you not to use your…abilities in public. Hell, you shouldn’t use them at all!” Dad fusses

“What happened to normal sucking? If I don’t use them I’m nothing but normal!” I say, raising my voice.

“Clark what if someone saw your face! It would be all over the news! The police would be knocking on our door, scratch that some guys in suits from the government would be on our doorstep with the house surrounded by police, swat, FBI, CIA I don’t know! They would take you away!” Dad shouts

“Yeah, ‘what if’ someone saw my face. It didn’t happen obviously!” I argue

“How would you know? The people you saved are in the hospital! Maybe they saw your face!” Dad argues back

“I JUST SAVED A BUNCH OF LIVES AND YOU CONGRATULATE ME BY SCREAMING AT ME FOR SOMETHING THAT DIDN’T HAPPEN!!!! FORGET YOU!!! YOU’RE JUST JEALOUS!!! ALL YOU ARE IS A LOW LIFE FARMER WHO BARELY MAKES ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED HIS FAMILY EVEN THOUGH HIS JOB IS TO MAKE FOOD!!! I CAN DO SOMETHING! I CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!!!!! ALL YOU CAN CHANGE IS MY OPINION ON MYSELF!!!! YOU MADE ME HATE MYSELF!!! I NEVER LIKED ME AND WHEN I DO START TO APPRECIATE MY DIFFERENCES YOU GO AND SCREAM AT ME FOR IT!!!!! IF THEY CAPTURE ME I’LL RUN. AND IF THEY CHASE ME I’LL RUN AND I’LL RUNFOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. BUT THAT WOULD BE BETTER THAN LIVING WITH YOU ANY LONGER!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!” I scream, practically bursting my lungs.

I walk out the door as my dad shouts for me to come back. I run off the porch and charge through the cornfields destroying every crop in my path. I close my eyes and clench my fist as I sprint through the field. I go so fast that I can’t even feel the ground. I open my eyes to see how far I’ve traveled and I realize why I can’t feel the ground…I’m flying

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This was really good! I look forward to the next part!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@redhood13: It's an interesting take. I'll have to read more before I make up my mind on it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@redhood13: "Not even in Kal-El’s infantry” I think you mean INFANCY. One is an armed force, the other is a baby :)

“I JUST SAVED A BUNCH OF LIVES AND YOU CONGRATULATE ME BY SCREAMING AT ME FOR SOMETHING THAT DIDN’T HAPPEN!!!!" I really like this line, very good.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By heroesgold

I like it very nice take on Ka-El's Origin, can't wait for more.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very good.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

The beginning looked so much like the movie but that's not a problem because I loved the movie.ANd also I really liked the end because it was something different that was actually really sad.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#9  Edited By cbishop

Nice start.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers