DC Re-Imagined Sandman One-Shot (Script)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

(Okay so it's script because it's supposed to be unemotional. I thought it should be that way as hopefully the story will show the Sandman's inability to care or hate even though he wants to)

The Sandman hovers in the dream realm, a strange limbo like world where anything can happen. Below him is a visual picture of Earth as he looks down upon it.

Sandman: Earth sleeps. But they do not dream.

The Sandman flies towards the Earth's image and it starts to ripple as he flies through the border between the Dream Realm and the normal realm.

Sandman: I should be enraged, yet I cannot feel...

The Sandman flashes back to his life before. We see Wesley Dodds in Victorian Day England, he stands inside his house with strange drawings of nightmarish creatures on his wall.

Sandman: I remember a time before in a false life. A man who could feel yet did not want to. When he entered the realm of dreams he was visited by nightmarish monsters. He wished to leave this realm and become one of these.

Wesley Dodds is grabbed from a portal by one of the creatures and is pulled into the dream realm.

Sandman: He succeeded and due to how he'd impressed the Spirit's they made him an offer he could not refuse.

Wesley Dodds is surrounded in mystic energy and transformed into the Sandman. He stares in awe as the lord of dreams appears before him.

Sandman: In exchange for his servitude against the Lord of Chaos Klarion, they would bestow upon him everything he wished for. The power he craved for, the nothingness he craved for.

The Sandman kneels before the entity of Lord Klarion (Who is pretty much everything chaos personified so go crazy with your imagination)

Sandman: But betrayal ran deep down the man's heart and he betrayed the realm who'd given him everything. He allowed Klarion into the Dream Realm and he claimed it for his own.

The Sandman sits down on a throne as the monsters are cuffed in chains and the Lord of Dream's head decorates the wall above his own.

Sandman: In exchange for adding another Realm to Klarion's grasp, the man was made the lord of the Dream Realm second only to Klarion himself. The man had everything he wanted and more.

The Sandman in the present stares blankly into space for a moment.

Sandman: I do regret my decisions, for Klarion is a cruel liar. After I became lord of the Dream Realm he stole the life essences out of my subjects and transported them to the realm he came from. I cannot be a king if I have no subjects to rule. I had betrayed everything I knew for nothing. Yet I must serve Klarion. He is far too powerful for me to fight on my own. Yet I still fight him whenever I can.

The Sandman hovers in the sky over New York City. Below him there are dozens of cars that are crashed and it's clear that everything is not normal.

Sandman: Klarion cannot enter the Galaxy Realm directly. Yet he can send his puppets in to cause chaos. Never has he sent one that is so offensive to my work. This man, he calls himself Dr Destiny. He is the lord of the nightmare realm. I had hoped Nabu or one of the lords of Justice would handle the situation, but apparently not.

The Sandman turns suddenly as he sees something far away.

Sandman: Wait.

The Sandman flies towards a plummeting airplane and creates a gigantic hand from thin air with his dream powers.

Sandman: If everybody dreams, then many will die. I must end this as quickly as I can. This may be my chance to redeem myself.

The Sandman gently places the plane in the airport landing ramp and flies away.

Sandman: I have saved a few hundred while millions die. Klarion will pay for everything he's done.

Suddenly The Sandman is blasted by energy sending him flying into the sky.

SFX: ZZZAAPPZZ!!

Sandman: UFF!

Dr Destiny appears and laughs at The Sandman who hovers in mid air clutching his side.

Dr Destiny: HA! DON'T TELL ME! YOU'VE SWITCHED SIDES! YOU'RE WITH NABU NOW AREN'T YOU?!

Sandman: I will never side with them. Yet I will never allow you or Klarion to commit such mass slaughter.

Dr Destiny: Careful Dodds! You almost sounded emotional for a second!

The Sandman creates a sword and shield in his hand as he prepares to attack Destiny.

Sandman: It won't take me that long to kill you.

Destiny creates a machine gun and fires it at Sandman who blocks it with his shield.

SFX: PTOOW! PTOOW! PTOOW!

Dr Destiny: Admit it! You like the quiet! Let's you think! Just. Like. Me!

The Sandman wacks Destiny away with his shield.

Sandman: ENOUGH!

Dr Destiny: Interesting! Was that a burst of emotion there?!

Sandman cuts Destiny across the throat with his sword severing his vocal cords.

Dr Destiny: ACK!!

Sandman: What's that? Are you scared? Do you feel your throat gushing blood? If you surrender now you could recieve medical assistance from what the mortals call a hospital.

Sandman stands on top of Destiny who is lying on the floor.

Sandman: All you have to do is let these people go. Or else I'll kill you. How does that sound?

Sandman waits a few seconds and smiles as he hears noises from the city and around the planet.

Sandman: Good. I've made arrangements so that nothing like this will happen again so now...

Sandman grabs Destiny by the throat and raises him up into the air.

Sandman: I'm going to kill you and make sure you never harm anyone again!

Klarion: ENOUGH!!

Sandman appears in the Chaos Realm before Klarion.

Klarion: I'M NOT GOING TO JUST LET YOU KILL ONE OF MY TOP LIEUTENANTS WHEN IT GAINS ME NOTHING!

Sandman: Why did you do all of this? Millions of people have died because of you.

Klarion smiles as Sandman fades away.

Klarion: A TEST OF YOUR LOYALTY! WHEN MY PLAN TO RULE GALAXY REALM IS COMPLETED YOU WILL HAVE A PART IN IT! I AM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT PART YOU WILL PLAY!

Sandman: No. This was my chance to redeem my actions.

Klarion laughs as Sandman fades to nothingness.

Klarion: REDEEM? HA! YOU LOST YOUR CHANCE TO REDEEM YOURSELF YEARS AGO! DODDS YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FOOL WHO BELIEVES IN DREAMS THAT CHILDREN SHARE OVER THE INTERNET! WHEN I BURN THAT REALM I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU WATCH AS I BURN AWAY YOUR-!!

Klarion fades away as he looks surprised.

Klarion: Oh my. A relative. How interesting.

The Sandman appears in a firey dungeon. Think of it as hell but worse. A Guardsman walks up to him carrying chains.

Sandman: Where am I?

Guardsman: Lord Klarion has demanded you be punished till his invasion of Galaxy Realm begins. Welcome to the Other Realm.

The Sandman stands in a firey pit with lava like chains wrapped around his body. He doesn't scream in pain, but it's clear he's in agony.

Sandman Caption: Klarion has made a great enemy today. Laugh up in your tower demon for your time will come. Nabu and his champions will give you the justice you have avoided for vast millenia and then I will be laughing.

The end. Or to be continued in DC Re-Imagined JSA.

Okay so please leave your comments below and if you haven't already be sure to try out the rest of DC Re-Imagined.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-re-imagined-revived-library-752564/#23

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Never read any Sandman prior to this so I can't really say how different it is from the source material but I found it an intriguing and enjoyable read. It had some very noticeable grammatical issues here and there plus I wish you found a more natural way too have the exposition be delivered rather that Sandman just talk too himself about his past for no apparent reason.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TommytheHitman

@ekrolo: Well being on his own for a few centuries isn't going to go well for his sanity. Yeah I don't think this was my best work, however it is setting up the JSA book. Which won't happen for awhile.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@tommythehitman I would just echo everything ekrolo said. But it was interesting nonetheless.