DC Re-Created: The Titans #7

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

Thanks to Tommy for a great run. Hope that I can still make this series go on without him.

No Caption Provided

"Can any of you tell me what I'm looking at?!"

"... An octo-monkey robot?" Bunker nervously asked.

"Dude, it's a gorilla!" Impulse said. "Gorillas are apes, so..."

"What I see..." Cameron interrupted. "Is property damage! A lot of it!"

"Man, we just saved the city..."

"AGAIN!" Impulse pointed out.

"And you point fingers at us for the damage the robot made?"

"You are the super-guys, you should know how to deal with this. But you don't care, do you? You just wanna do as you please, and then..."

"Take the card." Arsenal showed a small business card up in Cameron's face.

"What is this?" Cameron looked at the card.

"A phone-number. Call, then tell them I told you to do so, and then the streets will be fixed in less than 24 hours, better than new. And don't ask any questions."

Cameron were about to say something, but then stopped himself, as his eyes met Arsenal's. Just like during the China Town massacre, there was something about the bowman that made Cameron... nervous.

"... You punks are lucky that I don't arrest all of you!" He said, and then went back to the rest of the police force.

"Well, merry Christmas to you too..." Solstice mumbled.

"Man, the cops attitude sure changed after that Elastigirl thing." Bunker said with a frown on his face.

“Come on, guys. It’s Christmas! Lighten up!” Impulse said. “I thought that we could have a party in the cave, order some food and stuff. Not from the Arby's we are under, because that place…”

“Well, I can’t.” Solstice said. “Sorry, but I’m going to visit my father. He lives in Metropolis.”

“I’m not much for parties.” Arsenal said. “And I have a… date, of a sort.”

“Well, I’m not going anywhere. Not going to let my best amigo here be all alone at Christmas.” Bunker said, patting Impulse on the shoulder. “What about you, Cyborg?”

“Why not? No family to visit anyway.”

“What about your dad?” Solstice asked. “He must be lonely at the hospital.”

“…What?”

“… Um…” Solstice looked confused. “Your dad’s name IS Silas Stone, right?”

“What do you know about my old man?”

“… Well, I know him from the hospital.”

"..."

“You… didn’t know that he has cancer?”

There was a moment of awkward silence, until Cyborg finally said:

“Well, that’s his problem, not mine.”

“DUDE!!!” Bunker yelled. “You don’t care? He’s going to die!”

“Actually, he seemed to do progress…” Solstice pointed out.

“That’s totally not the point!” Bunker thought about what he had just said. “... Well, it’s great that he might live… but Vic here says that he don’t care!”

“You don’t know him like I do.” Cyborg started to get irritated. “Just leave it, okay?I'm going back to the cave...”

“Sure.” Arsenal said, with his arms crossed. “Be a baby like that.”

“… WHAT?!” He charged at the bowman, and grabbed him by the collar, raising him a few centimeters from the ground. “What did you just say!?”

“Crash! Relax, man!” Impulse and the others didn't know what to do. But Arsenal looked like he hadn't lost his cool at all.

“I called you a baby, Stone. You obviously got some issues with your father, and now that he is dying, you aren't man enough to face him?”

“You don’t get to judge me, man! You don’t know what it’s like to have a father who…”

“Having a father?” Arsenal interrupted him. “Yeah, I don’t’ know what that’s like. Now put me down. I have a lady waiting for me.”

Cyborg gave him a glare, before let go of him.

"Stay the hell out of my private life, Red."

"What private life?" Arsenal said, still unafraid of the many times stronger robot-man. "You were never kicked out of your apartment, am I right? You left it. You are in the HQ all day, unless you'r out fighting crime. You'r hiding from the whole world, Stone. And if you are a mess, then it's going to damage the entire team. Now, if you will excuse me... TAXI!" A car stopped, and Arsenal stepped inside. "Oh, and merry Christmas."

As the car drew away, no one said anything.

“So…” Impulse said, trying to break the silence. “Arsenal got a girlfriend?”

STAR Lab, couple of minutes later...

"So?" Roy Harper was back in his civies, talking with one of the scientists. "How's the patient, Dr Adams?"

"Well, she's fine." She replied. "As usual. She is a nice girl. She is very cooperative, and does whatever we tell her to... and that may be a problem..."

"How so?"

"Well, she was partly to blame for the China Town Massacre... But only because she did what she was told to. As she has done her entire life. The poor things self-esteem is very low, if she has any at all. I once wanted to see how long she could hold her breath, and she almost killed herself, since she would't stop until I told her to."

"Ouch! Blood really messed her up. And with her telepathic powers..."

"Empathy, agent Harper." Adams corrected him. "She can sense and control the emotions of others for different effects. And in her current condition, I would find it hard to allow her to step out in the real world, since her own emotions can make her use her powers without thinking about it."

"Don't worry." Roy said. "If you let her out, I promise to take full responsibility for her. Where is she?"

"In her private room." Adams pointed at a door with the number 52 on it. "She is waiting for you."

Roy knocked at the door. "Raven? It's me. Roy"

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile...

Knock knock.

Silas was interrupted in his crosswords, as he herd someone knocking on the door. He found it odd, since the nurse had just been at his room. Maybe he had forgotten something?

"Hey..."

"... Victor?" Silas dropped his newspaper. He hadn't seen his son for a long time. He never returned any of his phone-calls, and Silas actually thought that he would never see him again, with the exception of newspapers and TV-news.

"... So... How's it going..." Vic still stood at the door, not entering the room.

"... I've been better, I suppose..." Silas replied.

And then... Nothing. None of them said anything. They didn't know what to say, or maybe they just didn't dare breaking the silence.

"... I shouldn't have come..." Vic left he room in haste. Silas was alone again, and felt more lonely than ever.

In Bunker's dorm room...

"Bunk, you seen the TV-remote?" Impulse ran through the small room, looking for the little device.

"You checked your pockets?" Miguel asked.

"What the..." Impulse now held the remote in his hand. "Why the crash do I keep putting it in my pocket?"

"Don't ask me. Now get your butt on the couch. I got pizza and The Preacher's Wife on DVD."

"Great!" Impulse said merrily. "Just you and me. Two buddies celebrating Christmas."

"Yeah. Buddies..." Miguel said, almost feeling disappointed as he said the word out loud.

Back at the hospital...

Knock knock.

Vic stood by the door again, looking at his father. He looked so tiny, so vulnerable.

"You came back..." Silas said.

"Yeah..."

"..."

"..."

"Victor, I..."

"Wait! I want to say something first. I want you to know that I'm angry."

"Oh, Victor, I don't blame you. But you have to understand that I only wished to..."

"No! Not about this." Vic pointed at the metallic side of his face. "Okay, YES, I'm angry about it, but it's not as in you-ruined-my-life-and-I-hate-you kind of way. It's complicated, it's..."

"Take a chair, Victor." Silas pointed at a chair next to his bed. "Please..."

Vic hesitated, then entered the room.

"Okay, look..." Vic took the chair. "You never... I was always angry at you for pushing me around."

"Victor, if I could, I..."

"Let me finish, old man! You wanted me to be a genius, just like you and mom. And when I became part of the school's football team, and I told you I wanted to be a professional player, you told me that you were disappointed in me. That I threw away my future. When you turned me into a cyborg... It felt like you took away sport from me. And you did. I can never play again, now that I am a machine. And with my grades being as poor as they were, I dropped out."

"I'm sorry Victor. I never meant to ruin your life."

"Well, that's the thing... You didn't. I did. The car-crash was my fault."

"That's not..."

"YES, it is. I had to get to school in a hurry, so I got a lift from my friend Ron. I knew that he didn't have a drivers license, but I got into the car anyway. And then, the cops came. They weren't after us, but Ron freaked, and... well... Now, I'm like THIS." Vic made his hand turn into a blaster. "And my grades? Well, you were right. Sorta. I shouldn't have placed all my eggs in one basket. I lost my scholarship because I didn't really care about anything else but football."

"... I don't know what to say..."

"Well, I do. I'm still angry at you. But blaming you for all that's gone wrong with my life? That's not fair. And I would lie, if I said that I had been a great son. I stopped caring about school because I wanted to shove it in your face how much I didn't want to be like you. And did I thank you for saving my life?"

"But I didn't save your life, Victor." Silas started to cry. "All I did was giving you new legs and arms. I made you into a monster. You would have survived anyway."

"But what kind of life would that be? I was angry about you making the decision without caring what I would want. But let's be honest; I had said yes."

Vic made a pause.

"So... I thought that, you know... we could try and start over? We could just talk, you know. I owe you that much."

"Sure." Silas said. "What do you want to talk about?"

"... I don't know... You still a Mets fan?"

To be continued...

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Ewwwww mets!!!! Lot of feels in this chapter.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Out of all the titles in DCRC, The Titans is the series that embraces what it is to the fullest. It has great characters, stories, action and others. And you can really see the bond growing between our heroes.

I'm looking forward to seeing Raven become a part of the team as well as Vic going to the Mets game with his dad.

Great stuff.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers