DC Re-Created: The Titans #10

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

"NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD! NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD!

The TV-screen was finally turned off. Brother Blood looked at the group of teenagers, all of them tired and of low spirit after the four hours of standing up, being told how worthless they were.

"I think it's time for a lunch-break." He said, satisfied with his work. "Edgar, please follow he students to the eating hall."

A man with white skin and a pair of shades stood outside, waiting for the students. He followed them to another room with a couple of tables and chairs. As the students entered the room, they were each given a plate with something grey on it. It was apparently food.

Impulse searched the room, trying to see the one referred to as Joseph. He actually looked his brain hadn't been fried after the lesson.

"How can I find any help, if all the kids have massed-potato brains?" Impulse asked Arsenal. "You told me that it was part of the Brain-thingy's education to break them down, right? To make them robot-ish."

"Yes, but there will always be such a thing as the exception that proves the rule. And since you have to go alone..."

"Yeah, your plan kinda sucks like that."

"... As I said, since you have to go alone as the only immune-to-telepathy guy we got, you must find allies in the Brain Trust. Look for someone who doesn't look like a complete zombie, someone who looks like there is some fight left inside of him... or her."

"Can I sit here?" He asked as he had reached Joseph's table. He sat next to the blond girl, who Blood had called Rose.

"Porter!" Impulse recognized his fake name. "No talking!"

It was the guy with skin white as snow who had yelled at him. Something about the guy's voice gave Impulse the shivers.

So much for finding an ally he thought for himself. He then started to eat his not very good-looking food. It tasted like paper.

"Psst. New guy."

The girl Rose whispered to Impulse. She almost didn't move her lips at all, and could have made a professional ventriloquist green of envy.

"Yefff?" Impulse whispered back, trying to move his lips as little as possible. He wasn't as skilled as Rose.

"Joey can't speak. Brother Blood cut his throat two months ago." Joey made a small nod, showing that he acknowledged that Rose spoke the truth. "If you want to speak to him, you have to do it through me."

"How can yu dff thad?" Impulse spitted a little.

"We have a code. He tabs small signals to me. I'm Rose, his sister. Now, what the hell do you want? Be quick about it."

"I wnt yu to helb me stvvt a riot."

Rose and Joey shared a look.

"Are you nuts?" Rose asked.

"No, I hv a blan." Impulse whispered back.

"... Edgar is giving us the look. We will talk tomorrow."

The next day...

Impulse had spend his night in a cell. There had been no light at all, and it was even soundproof. He couldn't see whatever his eyes were closed or not. It was like the entire world had disappeared once the guard has locked the door. Once it became morning, he was dragged out of his cell, and he and the other students(Impulse wondered if he should think of them as prisoners instead) was lead into a big hall with plenty of sport-equipment. It was the gym-hall. Without breakfast, they were now ordered to do several kinds of exercises, as they were watched by who Impulse assumed was the coach, a big guy with grey eyes. After an hour, they were then ordered to fight each other.

"Rose Wilson!" The coach barked. "Show the new fish how it's done!"

Rose and Impulse stepped into a boxing-ring. They were both given a long stick that they were suppose to hit each other with. Impulse was worried whatever he should go easy on her, since his super-speed should give him the advantage.

He was wrong.

For some reason, he couldn't move as fast as he normally did. He kept getting hit in the face and the guts. He was practically a punching-bag for the girl.

"Not so tough without your speed, eh?!" The coach yelled at Impulse. "Wilson is a damper! Powers means squad when you fight her!"

"Can I give up now?" Impulse was getting a headache.

"Porter, there ain't no such thing as giving up in war! You both fight until one of you can't stand no more! WILSON, stop playing with him and get serious!"

Impulse took a step backward, as he got the stick directly in the stomach. He tripped, and landed on his tail. Then he was forced down to the floor as Rose who now had placed the long side of the staff on his throat, as Impulse tried, without success, to push the staff away.

"... Your strangling me..." Impulse's face turned red.

"Well, I gotta sell it, right?" Rose whispered.

"... What?"

"I said we would talk today, that's what we do now. You said you had a plan?"

"Part of a plan..." Impulse admitted. "I know how to get out of a cell."

"Push me."

Impulse could feel that the only reason he managed to push Rose away was because she allowed him to. As he got back on his feet, Rose grabbed his stick and broke it in two pieces. She then dropped her own stick, grabbed him by the collar forced him into a corner of the ring.

"If you can actually do that," She whispered to him. "then we might have a chance. We will talk more at lunch. Sorry, but I gotta punch your lights out."

"... Wait, what?"

CRACK!!!

As Impulse woke up, the words EVOLVE OR DIE was the thing he saw. It was on the ceiling of a very small room that he had been locked inside of. As he tried to stand up, he hurt his head at the ceiling. He had to sit down on the floor in order to evade hurting his head. After an hour, he was finally locked out and dragged to the eating hall so that he could have lunch. And without any breakfast he was hungry enough to eat the grey... whatever it was.

"You okay?" Rose whispered.

"Meh jaw hirts." Impulse replied.

"You should have seen the last guy I took care of." Rose made a small, almost unseeable smile.

"I fffrgot to mmmtion..." Impulse spitted. "I know how to de-zombify the other stufffdents."

Rose looked at Joey. He nodded.

"And you can get out of your cell?"

"Yef."

"What cell are you in?"

"Cell number 52."

"I'm in cell 50. Meet me there tonight. They won't let us be together anymore, they are getting suspicious..."

"Wilson! Porter!" Plastique who were eating-hall guard pulled Impulse away from the table. "Porter, if you are no longer allowed to be near the Wilson twins. If you are seen with them, you will be punished with 12 hours isolation. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am. Sorry ma'am."

To be continued...

jademartian038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very cool!!!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty good arc so far. I'm really enjoying Impulse being kinda on his own in the HIVE HQ as well as his interactions with Rose and Joseph.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By waezi2
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@waezi2: Cool! Seems as though you're on track to take over Green Arrow as the longest running DCRC series.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By waezi2
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@waezi2: Wait who is Rose? Is she the one who operates under the alias Thorn and is scizophrenic?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Amazing stuffs.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Keep up the good work ^_^

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Wait who is Rose? Is she the one who operates under the alias Thorn and is scizophrenic?

No, that's Rhosyn Lynne Forrest. Rose Wilson is the daughter of Deathstroke.

Keep up the good work ^_^

Thanks. I will:)