DC Re-Created: The Rogues #2 (of 3)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Keystone City, 20 Minutes Ago...

"So..." The brown file landed upon the desk with a surprisingly loud thump. "Mister Mardon. Thank you for co-"

"It's Marco." Weather Wizard said nervously. "Or Weather Wizard." It wasn't often when he was in situations similar to this. Stuck in a small, sweltering room behind a desk that made him feel like he was back in High School. When someone became a member of the Rogues the chances of getting a job interview took an very sharp decrease. "Whichever you prefer."

No Caption Provided

"Okay, Weather Wizard." Roulette said with a slight frown, not a good sign. "We received your CV last week, along with your contact details... and it's very... 'AHEM' impressive. We checked through it. Compared to other applicants and-"

"Other applicants?" Weather Wizard asked. "Didn't realize you guys were so popular."

Roulette smiled slightly before pulling the contents of the brown file out of the packaging and checking through it with her incredibly fast eyesight. "Oh yes. Careers with the Legion of Doom are highly desirable for people in our line of work. High pay, job security... paid vacations..."

KLICK!

The sound of Roulette's pen clicking sent a jolt through Weather Wizard's spine, the cogs in his mind started to whir as he began to plan how to make himself sound more skilled and talented then he actually was.

"So, Weather Wizard." Roulette seemed to be spitting the name out with disgust but somehow she was hiding her feelings behind a calm and cool exterior. "Why do you want to join my little Legion?"

Weather Wizard paused before speaking. It was the one question he wasn't prepared to answer.

"Well..." He started to say slowly, choosing his words carefully. "I guess..." He paused. "I guess it's because..." He took a deep breath. "I'm sick and tired of the Rogues."

Now.

Sam Scudder opened his eyes and stared at the blank, endless landscape before him. Thousands upon thousands of silver objects dotted the black sky, the first time he'd traveled to this land he'd thought they were stars.

He'd been completely wrong of course. They weren't stars... they were mirrors. Interdimensional gateways to anything with a reflection on it, didn't matter where. It didn't matter how far away it was... if it was a Mirror, then the Mirror Master could get through it.

No Caption Provided

Sam had discovered the place 5 years ago and learned to harness its powers for his own benefits. One of these many abilities being that Sam had effectively been made immortal. The second his body became damaged beyond repair his skin would turn to glass and his essence would return to the Mirror World for repairs.

The same couldn't be said for the rest of the Rogues.

"Oh crap..." Sam yelled, his voice sounded like an endless echo that would never end. He leaped forward drifting towards the nearest mirror portal in the low gravity. He emerged from the glass and quickly felt the unpleasant sensation of his body quickly recreating his physical form.

It took a moment for Sam to realize what he was looking at, the once sunny sky had been replaced with dark, black ash. The ash stemming from the fire that was generated by the destroyed buildings surrounding Sam in the city street before him. The place looked more similar to an action movie then the city that Sam had left just a few minutes ago. Cars were overturned, a huge blaze engulfed the nearby streets and in the distance police sirens were screeching in a defining roar.

"Guys?!" Sam's voice seemed to bound around the surrounding area. No reply. "Oh, god." It was hard to believe it had only been a few minutes since the Trickster had turned on his android. It had barely been 15 minutes... not even half an hour.

"SAM!" A loud voice bellowed, Sam turned his head quickly to see Heat Wave emerging from the rubble that had once been part of Sam's apartment building.

"Mick!" Sam grinned. "What the hell happened?!" He asked. Heat Wave brushed some dust from his injured shoulder.

"Y'know when Axel listed off all those weapons he'd given Janet?" He asked. Sam nodded his head slightly. "Turns out he skimmed over some pretty important stuff." Mirror Master's eyes widened in surprise.

"What?!" He yelled. "Where'd he get all the cash from?!" Mich shrugged.

"Look, Sam. It's not really the best idea to sh-" Heat Wave started to say.

"Where is he, Mick?!" Sam continued to scream in his loud raspy voice. "Where's Axel?!" Mick was silent. "Tell me where he is, so that I can kill him myse-"

"I have him."A metallic voice clicked. Sam turned to see the metal body of Janet hovering towards them slowly, carrying the unconscious body of the Trickster over her shoulder. "And soon, I shall have the two of you as well." She carelessly tossed Trickster to the ground and allowed the blaster cannons on her arms to activate and hum with bright purple energy.

"Oh sh!t..." Heat Wave grumbled.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@tommythehitman: Nice chapter. Does the other Rogues know that Weather Wizard is leaving them?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@impurestcheese: If so, lets hope it will be an actual war(not like that so-called "war" Johns wrote)

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wow i like it.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Just another day in the life of a Rogue.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Awesome stuff

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7