DC Re-Created The Atom #7 Betrayal!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Author's Note: Rated M for Violence.

Ivy City. 4:00 PM. The battle begins. As the three uneasy heroes walked up to Atom's old laboratory, Professor Planck was planning. As he got ready the final touches of his KR0N0S clone, he whistled almost happily. There was no way Atom and that Light loser could beat him, especially not when he had this machine on his side. As he tightened one last screw, the machine came to life, making a motion to crack its neck even though it had no need to.

Smiling, Planck put on his gauntlet that controlled the robot, and sat in a large chair, atop a mountain of Ivy City's valuables and food. "Lets have Lobo put out the red carpet, shall we?" Planck grinned as he pressed a button on his chair.

Standing outside and on their way in, the heroes turned to hear a loud beeping from Lobo's pocket as the Czarnian smirked.

"Alright, pipsqueaks, lemme show you why the main man is the best act'r in the entire universe." He spat, throwing his chain hook at Atom with a grin. In the nick of time, Atom made his molecules move so the hook passed through his throat without as much as a scratch.

"Lobo! What are you-" He began, but quickly was silenced as Lobo rushed him, sending him flying inside the lab. Chuckling, Lobo followed him inside, as Arthur Light followed in the rear, preparing his solar weaponry- the monster of a man must've disregarded him. There was no bounty on his head.

As Lobo picked up Atom by the throat with his unbreakably strong grip, he threw him toward the center of the large lab- where he landed by cold, metallic feet.

Spitting out a glob of blood, Atom scooted up to his knees and elbows, only to be kicked back by KR0N0S. "Hello, Ray." The machine said hatefully, as it stomped toward the scientist, grabbing him and lifting him. "I hope you've remembered me."

Upon seeing KR0N0S' face, Ray swore he had a panic attack. Trying to pull away from what seemed to be a ghost to him, he yelled out in terror as he was smacked around by the android and Lobo.

Luckily, Doctor Light decided save the day. Rushing toward Lobo, he gave a mighty yell as he pressed a button on his gauntlet, a bright yellow beam of light energy firing toward him and sending him crashing through the wall and then some. As the action caught KR0N0S by surprise, Ray was allowed to act by sending a kick straight at the robot's face, making the mask he wore go flying.

Enraged, the android smacked Ray aside and then sent a kick that could kill an elephant into Doctor Light's chest, tearing through his ribs like paper. He would've and could've killed them both, if not for the EMP.

The blast hit the android straight to the face, temporarily making him malfunction wildly as he spun around, looking a little silly as he finally swerved to a stop in an attempt to reboot his systems. Grabbing the object that made the blast from his face, KR0N0S glared at what appeared to be merely a stick. No. Not a stick. Medieval piece of weaponry. Bow and Arrow. No images in his computer brain could imagine this though. The arrow was green.

"Gee. This really ruins my Ivy City vacation plans." Green Arrow smirked as he dropped down from the hole in the wall that Doctor Light had made.

Cute, Ollie. Mia's voice snorted in the Emerald Archer's ear as he drew an arrow, leaping into position beside Atom and Light.

"So, this makes it three on two? Better make sure I'm on the right team." He said as he aimed for Lobo, who was groggily preparing to get up.

"You are, no worries. You must've heard about-" Light started as he prepared his solar cannons, aiming down KR0N0S while gritting his teeth, before being interrupted by the new member of their team of misfits.

"Ivy food incident? Yeah, I did turn on the news this morning, y'know." Oliver gave a lopsided grin as the Atom cracked his neck.

"We need to form a plan," Ray said, wiping blood from his mouth as he prepared to shrink- no longer afraid of accidentally killing someone.

"Don't worry, Little Ray. There won't be any amount of time to prepare that will rival how long I have prepared." A chilling voice said, as Uncle Al walked down from the shadows. The man wore a fancy suit that was blue and black.

Ray glared at his uncle. Then, without hesitation, he ran at him, yelling as he grew in an attempt to send his once called friend flying backwards. The two brawled back and forth, Pratt growing to Palmer's height and sending a punch, Palmer shrinking to avoid it.

As the two fought, KR0N0S became fully rebooted. Pressing a large button on his chest, time completely stopped for him. Carefully, he walked toward Green Arrow, who had let his arrow fly, and grabbed the arrow in mid-air. Scanning Green Arrow's body, he instantly learned all about different pressure point weaknesses and such, and dug the arrow into the archer's wrist. Turning away, he then went over to Light.

As his systems scanned Doctor Light, he finally made a decision on how to eliminate him. Grabbing an explosive arrow from Green Arrow's quiver, he slid it into the solar cannon Light carried and walked back to where he was standing. Pressing the button on his metal chest again, he watched as two things happened- first, Lobo rushed Green Arrow, and second, Doctor Light went flying back in an explosion.

"Ever heard of using a gun, brat?" Lobo snarled at Green Arrow as he sent him flying through the air.

"Huh, never occurred to me." Arrow snapped back sarcastically as he tossed an arrow mid-flight, throwing it at Lobo with his one good hand. Lobo caught it- good. The tip of the arrow opened up, and sprayed knockout gas straight into the Czarnian's face, making him fall to the floor with a loud thud.

"One down, two to go." Arrow smirked, biting the strap to his armguard and pulling it till it tightened around his bleeding wrist to slow the blood loss.

Pretty nasty wound, Ollie. Mia's voice rung in his ear.

"Yeah, I might drop down to an Olympian level of archery with a wound this bad." Arrow joked into the earpiece as he grabbed his bow and an arrow, running toward the android that caused his bloody hand.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Atom and Planck were now molecules, fighting atop a pile of garbage as they went at each others throats. However, they couldn't fight forever. When Planck was smacked in the face for about the fifth time, he growled and drew a gun, aiming it at a large overhead container that contained seemingly nothing.

Atom looked at the container- why was it important? Then he noticed her- Jean Loring, made into the size of an atom. His mouth agape in shock, his mouth widened even more when he suddenly felt a burning sensation in his chest, a loud bang ringing out. Planck wasn't going to use Jean as a hostage. He needed a distraction.

As Ray fell to the floor, he coughed up more blood and fell to the ground, feeling the blood leave his chest wound. It narrowly missed his heart, but hit a major artery as he fought for consciousness.

"Poor Ray. Your mother dropped you on me when you were only a boy." Planck sighed as he walked around the bleeding out hero, who kept coughing- starting to go into shock. "Then I raised you, and she died. Holed up somewhere, getting payed by some loser to give them a good time before finally dying alone in the bedroom. No funeral. No trace of family." He clicked his tongue before turning to KR0N0S and Arrow, who were fighting.

"How long did you really think this would last, Ray?" He said as he turned back to Atom.

Atom didn't respond. He was using what little consciousness he had, on just one tiny atom he felt inside him, and made it grow. It grew, and grew, for what seemed forever, until it grew into an entire life form- it was an exact clone of Ray. Every last detail, up to his costume.

"See, Uncle Planck, when I was hit by the beam, I didn't just become the atom. All of my atoms… became me." His clone said, as the bloodied Ray on the floor smiled, focusing harder.

Crying out in shock, Planck fired a bullet straight through the clones skull, but another one was rising up, and another. "There are twenty seven sextillion atoms in the human body, Planck. I doubt you have that many bullets." The clones said, as Atom had complete control over them.

Soon, dozens of Atoms were swarming the building, helping Arrow take down KR0N0S and helping the bloody Atom fight Planck. They charged Planck, beating him into submission as he tried to shrink down- luckily, they did too. Meanwhile, while KR0N0S was pounding Green Arrow's face into raw hamburger, a single Atom shrunk down and entered KR0N0S' exposed faceplate, going throughout the wires and disabling whatever he could.

As quickly as it had begun, the fight was over. The Atom's shrunk down again into the blood that poured out of the original Atom, and after a good couple of minutes Green Arrow got up. First walking over to Atom, he put his fingers to Ray's throat, checking for a pulse. He simply sat there, waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

Grim realization dawned upon Green Arrow, as he stood back up. Walking over to the burnt body of Arthur Light, he bent down and checked his pulse. There- the Doctor was still alive. Picking up the shriveled body, he looked around at the damage. The KR0N0S bot. Planck's unconscious body. Lobo. Atom's corpse. It was over. Walking out, he went toward the City of Ivy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

1 week later.

Several Ivy City citizens attended the Atom's funeral, including Arthur Light and Oliver Queen. Arthur wore a special suit he had designed- most of the damage hurt his brain, and he had built a solar powered battery that kept him alive. He had also salvaged the robot body of KR0N0S, but alas was unable to re-create it's time traveling functions.

Jean Loring was saved- Planck's technology to make her shrink down was reversed, and she was now normal.

They all were pallbearers at Atom's funeral, bringing his casket into the abandoned laboratory and lighting it on fire. The food and supplies had been recovered, and they all watched as the lab burned.

Eventually, people forgot about their depression. A fancy statue was erected in Atom's favor, and life went on. Oliver went back to his own city, Jean went back to reporting, and Light took over Atom Industries. All was well, in Ivy City- after all, in retrospect, they only loss was an Atom.

Thank you all for reading through the first major story arc in the Atom series. I hope you enjoyed.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@_atomikill_: Wow. The ending was a little sad. :-(. Still glad I picked up the title although for some reason this issue had some missing connectives and tense problems.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DANG IT NOW I CAN'T USE THE PICTURE! Really great stuff and I loved how you used Green Arrow.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14