johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Chapter I: New Friends

Dakota, The Fish Shack, 6:25PM

"We don't have all goddamn night lady. Hurry up with the money or I'll put a bullet in your skull, " yelled the robber who had a 44. Magnum in the clerk's face.

"Okay! Just please. Please don't hurt me. Please!" she begged as she shook furiously while putting the money in the robbers bag.

"Can't you tell the chick to hurry up? We've been here a little bit too long. Let's just get the money and go!" exclaims the robber who was by the main entrance of the fast food restaurant while also making sure that the four customers didn't make a move. Fear struck in their hearts. Crime was the norm for Dakota, it's the third highest crime infested city behind Gotham City and Hub City. But it's another thing when you are actually experiencing it for yourself.

After the woman put all the money in the bag, the robber stared at her with a cold look in his eyes and developed a creepy big smile on his face with a few missing teeth. "I gotta say, I always wanted to know what it would feel like to kill someone. Would you like to be my first target sweetheart?" He says. The woman then closes her eyes and starts to pray knowing that her time is about to be up.

"Damn it dude! We don't have any time for this. Let's just go. We have the money." the other robber says with a worried look on his face. "The cops can show up at any minute!" he says while walking over to him. Even though the second robber left his spot, the other customers were too scared to make a move.

"Oh please. The cops are too busy out there chasing after bang-babies." He says with a smirk of confidence.

"What about the man on the flying disk?" He asks.

"What man? What disk?" concentrating on the woman.

"I think he means me" said a voice from behind. A young man stood at the doors of The Fish Shack hovering on a silver disk wearing a blue and yellow costume with a big black lighting bolt on his chest. "Who robs a fast food restaurant? Seriously guys? Next time rob a bank. I went through hell looking for you idiots. The Rogues rob banks so why can't you?" he says energetically.

"It's Static Shock!" the second robber says.

"Jeez man. It's Static. Just Static. I've been saving people for two years in Dakota and you can't remember my name? That hurts me deeply" Static replies. "Listen. Can you guys just come quietly? No one has to get hurt here. I've had a rough night and I'm sure these innocent people had theirs too." Static suggests.

"Dude. I think he's right. We should just surrender." the second robber says calmly.

"Cool. Someone with some common sense." Static says.

"Screw that!" the first robber says. As he attempts to pull the trigger to shoot the woman. Static quickly fires a small blast of electricity at the robber, just enough to incapacitate him. He falls down to the floor shaking and screaming in pain. The robber takes a knife out from his back pocket and throws it at Static, hoping that it will strike him in the chest. Static holds out his hand, stopping the knife in midair. With a flick of the wrist, the knife goes up in the ceiling. He quickly levitates over to the woman on his disk.

"Are you okay lady?" Static asks calmly while holding her hand trying to calm the shaking woman down.

"Y-y-y-yes." the woman studders, still in shock. The second robber attempts to shoot at them both. Static then creates an electrical force field around them both to protect them from the gunfire.

"I thought you were the one with common sense?" Static confusingly asks. "Shooting a guy who fires electricity from their hands is beyond stupid." Static says. "I think you and your boyfriend should leave town tonight because if I see you two ever again. I won't be so nice. Go to Star City or something. I'm sure Katniss will have a field day with you guys." Static smiles with electricity flow through his hands."

The two men quickly ran out the doors and never looked back. The customers and the clerk start to applaud and cheer for Static. They all hugged him and expressed their love for the high voltage hero. The Dakota Police Department arrived at the scene with an army of squad cars. A tall, round, heavy set male wearing thick glasses with a three piece suit on steps out of one of the squad cars and walks over to Static.

"Well Static. It looks like you've done it again. Good work. We were wrong about you," the detective says.

"I'm only hear to help Detective McDuffie." Static and McDuffie shake hands with a strong firm grip. "I tricked them into thinking that I would just let them go easily. I'm assuming that you caught them?" He asks.

"Certainly. One was named Grant Johns and the other was Francis Stone. Grant is in police custody while Francis was immediately sent to the hospital. I'm assuming that Grant was the one that shot Stone but we'll look into it. They may have some connections to the crime lord Ebon. Thanks for all your help." McDuffie nods.

Static is beat and exhausted from his all day and all night superhero routine. He wants nothing more than to go home and catch some shut eye. As he was about to fly away on his disk. One of the customers came out to talk to him. "You're Static Shock right?" the woman asked while fixing her hair, stopping it from one side covering her eye.

"No I'm Static. Just Static. Where does the shock come from anyway"? He asks.

"Okay Static or should I say Virgil Ovid Hawkins? Twenty-two years old, Graduated from Ernest Hemingway High, roommates with Rick Stone and Frieda Goren, son of Robert and Jean Hawkins. You were very sickly and on your death bed until your parents signed you up for the Quantum Program which cured you and also gave you your extraordinary powers. Am I missing anything? the mysterious woman asks.

"How the hell do you know all of this? Are you with ARGUS? Cadmus? Hell, are you working for Amand---

"Mister Hawkins. I don't associate myself with such criminals. " she cuts him off. "I work with people who want to help others like you. Batman, Green Arrow, The Flash. Think of us as the spokesperson for metahumans and other costumed heroes. You should join us. We can use someone like you."the woman hands Static a white card.

He reads the card. "Shadow Cabinet?" Static mutters to himself. "How did you find me?"

"Your boss at STAR Labs told us all about you," she says.

"Metcalf? But why?" Static asks.

"Kid, you'll have your answers soon enough. I'll keep in touch." the woman says as she walks away.

"Well. Can you at least tell me your name?" He asks.

"It's Ervin. Raquel Ervin. I'll see you soon, " she replies.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice work. However some of the dialogue felt a little bit forced. The whole robber wondering what it would feel like to kill someone was a bit cliche but the story is interesting and I've read worse from the actual publishers of the comics.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By Black_Claw

It's about time somebody did Static, and so far you haven't dissapointed. Keep up the good work!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great work. Thanks for the addition to DCRC!