Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Atomikill_

Rated T, because I said so.

March 7, 1984

"Focus, Ms. Cassidy, on the count of three we need you to push! Ready? One, two, three..." The young nurse said as she stood in front of the opened legs belonging to Diana Cassidy, pregnant woman in labor. The woman screamed as a final shove was given- and as the nurse was prepared to catch the baby, she did so- immediately dropping it.

The baby was small, with scaly blue skin and blood red eyes. Small horns projected out of the top of it's head as a blue tail wiggled out from underneath. Screaming and crying, the baby revealed pointy fangs that normal children wouldn't have for months.

The nurse simply ran out of the room, screaming. Everyone started to panic. Everyone except Ms. Diana Cassidy. She was in tears of joy. Holding the baby high above her head, she cried aloud- "Thank you, Angel! Thank you for this glorious gift..." For standing across the room, visible only to her, stood a man wearing a blue cloak and fedora, glowing eyes seeming to smile at her. However, the stranger had no true emotion. Vanishing, he left the scene be- nurses screaming, women crying, and baby demons cooing.

The next few days went by quickly. Ms. Cassidy left the hospital- strangely not being stopped by anyone- and took her new baby home. The reason why she hadn't freaked out like all the other people who'd seen the devil child, is because several months before the birth, the stranger in blue had come to her in a dream, warning her that she would bear a child with horrible physical features, but a heart of gold.

"David will be your name. David, my little goliath." Diana said as she drove to her apartment. The baby was chewing on the metal part of the seatbelt- crushing it with ease.

___

"Why can't I?" David growled at his mother. Sixteen years old and standing a good two feet over her, David had grown into quite the young man. His horns now curled smoothly, like a ram, and his fangs were as long as human fingers. However, he couldn't hurt a fly- he had been brought up to be as innocent as possible. But teen angst couldn't be withheld.

"For the last time, David, I'm not letting people make you up to be some kind of monster! You'd get picked on nonstop, made into some sort of freak. Already when we go outside people make fun of you like some kind of circus show. Fridge." His mother said as she scrubbed with her mop. David lifted the fridge with one hand, opening it and grabbing a soda from inside. Waiting for her to finish sweeping, he continued his argument.

"Mom, if they make a movie about me, I won't be a freak! I'll be a celebrity!" He growled as he set the fridge down.

"Fine! If you want to go, go. I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms." Diana scowled, as she slammed the broom into a closet. Storming off, she left David alone in the kitchen.

On the way out, David thought of all the good reasons why he should take the job. After all, a movie meant money. Loads of money. Enough to last his mother a lifetime.

So, he pulled on a leather jacket and started running toward where he was supposed to meet the director and discuss film rights. Sighing in anger, he focused, running faster and faster- till he broke the sound barrier. Now going faster than the speed of sound, he laughed as he zoomed past cars and people.

But suddenly, he tripped, wind flying in his face as he crashed into the concrete. It didn't hurt- but it took him by surprise, most certainly. Getting up, he looked around, before seeing the woman in front of him.

She wore a fancy blue and gold dress with skintight boots, and a midnight black eyepiece over her pale white skin. Ebony hair flowing, she smirked as she stood in front of David. She must have tripped me. He thought carefully as he snarled.

No Caption Provided

"David Cassidy. I'm Nightshade. Got a minute?" She asked, her voice smooth as silk.

"No." He spat, as he pushed her out of the way- only to find he pushed straight through her shoulder.

"Intangibility is a b!tch, ain't it?" She sighed as he fell- hitting the ground with a thud. By now people were staring.

"Why are you-" He snarled, reeling around and sending a fist toward her. However, he found that the same thing happened.

"Maybe if you stopped trying to kill me I'll tell you why I stopped you." She said, looking at her nails.

David wanted to pound her face into hamburger. But he decided against it.

"Good dog. Now, I have to tell you that what you are about to do is a serious mistake." Nightshade said gently. "If you do this, millions of people will die in the future. The Phantom Stranger told me."

"Who?"

"Here, lemme take you to him." She sighed as she reached out her hand to his forehead. Hesitant at first but curious all the more, he let her. Focusing, Nightshade transported them both to a dark place. The earth was a purplish color, and the sky was filled with different colored stars and planets.

"Where are we?" David asked, glancing around.

"This is the Land of the Nightshades. A separate dimension from Earth." She said, walking across the dry and cracking ground. Before them stood a massive tunnel with a purple spiraling beam of energy pulling away from it.

"That is the Tunnel of Dreams. Enter it. It will be the only way for you to get to the palace. Be warned. Your darkest nightmares will haunt you." Nightshade said smoothly as she entered.

David snorted. "What nightmares?" And so, he arrogantly strode into the portal- only to find himself standing in front of a large crowd of people. They were laughing- jeering- at him. Throwing things. A large television set showed him exactly how he looked- naked, chained up, and with whip lashes covering him. A sign above his head clearly read- THE BLUE DEVIL!

His eyes widened. "No..." He said, trying to break out of the chains. "No!" They finally snapped, and the people screamed- scared. They ran, the exact opposite of what he wanted them to do, and held out his hands. "Wait, don't leave me!" He shouted, feeling tears on his face as he ran for them.

One person ran toward him- finally. A friend. However he soon realized it was Nightshade. "Do you see them?" He asked her, pointing to the people running and screaming.

"No. People of this dimension are immune to the magical powers of the tunnel. You can only see your own fear." She said lightly as she grabbed his hand. "Ignore them. Come." She dragged him along to a doorway made of light, pulling him into the other side.

Now, they stood- in front of a giant palace, made of translucent crystals. David had never seen anything so big. It made the tallest buildings in Gotham look like Lincoln Log houses. Inside David could faintly see people of the same skin tone as Nightshade, walking around peacefully.

They walked up to the palace, hand in hand, until David forgot about the effects of the Tunnel. "So where is the Phantom Stranger?" He asked carefully.

I am here. A voice rang out in both of their minds, making them turn toward the left. There stood the man, squared chin and glowing eyes, blue cloak and fedora. David Cassidy, Eve Eden. I am the Phantom Stranger.

David simply shrugged. "Ok, now what?" He said, curious. He met the Phantom Stranger. And was almost one hundred percent sure he was dreaming. But Nightshade spoke up.

"We are going to train you to fight. You have strength, speed. Physicals to make the mightiest of warriors shake in fear." Nightshade said smoothly as a large spearlike weapon was summoned- most likely by the Stranger. The spear sunk into the ground, handle facing David. "For the next fourteen years we will train you."

"Wait wait wait, fourteen years?!" David yelped. "Heck no! I have a life, and my mom will be worried sick!" To which the Stranger spoke up.

No. An exact duplicate of you will be made. He will do everything you would normally do in life, except live on Earth. When the time comes for you to return, he and you shall bond- creating one ultimate warrior. He said telepathically.

David stood thinking for a moment. Millions would die if he didn't do something. There were almost no negative side effects to him training. He'd be a hero! And a celebrity, if he understood Stranger correctly.

"Fine." He grinned, grabbing the spear and raising it above his head. it was golden, with a blue ball of flame inside the center of the spear head. The handle had unreadable inscriptions on it, and it shined in the light of the stars.

"Great. Come on, David. Let's get started." Nightshade said, gesturing him on.

"No, don't call me David. From now on... I'm the Blue Devil." He smirked.

No Caption Provided

___
Now.

David had long since grown out of the clothes he wore fourteen years ago. He was much taller, and far more muscular. Wearing a warrior-like skirt that was crimson red and having golden armbands with different magical runes on them to increase his physicals, he now fully mastered the art of fighting with a spear.

He stood now, before Nightshade and the Phantom Stranger.

"You've come a long way. I'm proud." Nightshade commented. The Stranger nodded.

Are you ready to save the world? He asked.

Pounding his chest and nodding, Blue Devil grinned as he thought of going back home. So, the Stranger raised his hand, eyes glowing brighter, and they teleported in front of three other people. One, a cocky witch. Another, a walking dishrag. The third? A chimpanzee in clothes.

The Phantom Stranger was also there. You have all been brought together to save the world from certain peril. He said in all of their minds.

They nodded.

"We figured." Enchantress said with a sigh.

Your mission shall be to cleanse the world of as many evil spirits as you can before the world is overcome by darkness. Shadowpact- your new title- shall you take up this mission of justice? He said, eyes seemingly glowing brighter as every word went through their minds.

"Why the hell not?" David shrugged.

"Of course." Detective Chimp nodded vigorously.

Ragman merely nodded.

The Phantom Stranger raised his hands, disappearing in a flash of light.

They stood there, the five of them, staring at each other.

"Go team Shadowpact! Woo!" Enchantress said, floating a few feet above the ground. Everyone looked at her. "Jeez, who died?" She raised a brow as she descended back to the floor.

No Caption Provided

Next Time- Shadowpact vs. Ragman!?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I recognize this team now. And great job. DC has so many cool mystic characters.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice! Looks like the Shadowpact's all ready now!