Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Atomikill_

Rated T for violence.

Niger, Africa. June 12- 1797

"Johnston, pick up the pace! We don't have all day. The Fountain of Youth won't find itself, won't it Bobo?" Fred Thorpe said loudly as he brought his machete down on some underbrush, cheerily walking as his assistant, Brian Johnston, carried a large cage clumsily.

The expedition had started smoothly enough- well, it wasn't even supposed to be an expedition in the first place. They were simply supposed to find circus animals for the worlds biggest circus ever, and they had- Bobo, the chimpanzee, who was unhappy about being lugged around in a large cage. But then, Fred had gotten a crazy notion that the Fountain of Youth- a fairy tale- was around here, in Niger. Of course Brian doubted it. It was insanity. However, Fred could easily overpower and kill Brian if he wanted to, so he simply kept quiet.

It was a very hot summer day in this part of Niger, and as the day went on it simply got hotter and more humid. Finally Brian had to stop, wiping some sweat from his tanned forehead as he set down the cage holding Bobo. Fred turned with a glare, panting from the exertion as he wiped a long lock of blonde hair from his contrasting pale face. "What's a matter, Johnston?" He snapped.

"Sorry sir, but we've been walking twelve miles now with hardly time to stop. Dusk is coming. We should set up camp." The smaller man practically begged as he watched Bobo the chimp bob around his tight cage.

"Hm... Maybe some rest is good. Another hour of walking, and we'll stop for the night." Fred smiled lightly, as if this was much better. Turning again, he whistled, swiping some bushes away as he searched for the Fountain of Youth. However, after a good three minutes of walking, they stopped upon hearing a low growl. Raising his machete, Fred carefully turned to look at a pair of golden yellow eyes, staring into his soul, as a large tiger stepped out of the bushes, snarling again as it carefully eyed the larger men.

"Stay back, Johnston. I know exactly what to do." The man with the machete said confidently as he lunged toward the tiger with his large blade. This was not exactly what to do- as he was quickly countered by the tiger leaping for his throat, ripping it out as he then looked at Brian. Carefully Brian took a few steps back, before going for a full run away from the beast that had killed his partner. Bobo, the chimp, was left behind.

The tiger and Bobo stared each other down for a while, before the tiger leaped at the monkey. Luckily, the iron bars withstood the attack, but it still frightened the chimp immensely. The tiger looked like it was about to try to strike the bars again, before it stopped in it's tracks, freezing up as a man appeared out of nowhere next to it. This man wore a long blue cloak with a matching fedora, his eyes glowing pearly white as he stood defiantly.

This tiger will show you a path to a pool of water. Bathe in it. I shall see you in 217 years time. This the monkey heard in his mind, understanding it as it presented itself in the form of pictures.

Then, without warning, the stranger vanished, the lock to Bobo's cage unlocking as the door swung open. The tiger turned around, emotionless, and started walking. Carefully, Bobo followed.

They trekked on for miles- the journey taking several days. Every time there posed a threat for the monkey, the tiger would spring into action, killing whatever danger there was. Eventually they got to a large, shining clear lake. Little did the monkey know that this itself was the Fountain of Youth that Fred and Brian searched for.

Standing there, Bobo remembered what the man had said in his mind. Bathe in it. Without hesitation, he jumped in, drinking the water as he swam happily. However, as he went, he seemed to get smarter, and smarter- knowledge flooded into his mind as he swam.

Getting out of the pool, Bobo held his head, which throbbed heavily. "Jesus Christ, what kinda pool-" He snarled as he turned his head to glare at the Fountain- which, had disappeared, as if by magic. Chuckling a bit, he started walking toward the nearest village, where he hoped to get a warm drink, not realizing that he was talking- and that he knew where the nearest village was.

___

"A talking monkey? That's ridiculous. Is this some kind of joke? I ask for a police investigator's assistance, and I get some sort of prank?" A middle aged woman said as she sat in front of Police Commissioner Gordon.

"M'am, I assure you, he's the best we have. If there are ghosts, he's one of the only people who can help us against this sort of threat." Gordon sighed as he pushed up his glasses.

"Bah! I've had it with you police, thinking you can simply say there's a detective who's an orangutan!" She spat, standing up and opening the door- only to step back in surprise. Standing in the doorway was a five foot, three inches tall monkey covered in fur and wearing a detective's coat. His eyes were dull, and he chugged a large gulp from a golden flask as he smacked his lips.

"Commissioner, I was told there was an emergency?" The chimp said, as he looked over the startled woman's shoulder to look at Gordon.

"Miss, I'd like you to meet Detective Chimp. He'll be working on your case." Gordon smiled as the woman fainted, falling on the ground with a thud.

Pulling out a cigar, the chimp looked at Gordon. "Well? What is it this time?"

Next time, on Shadowpact- the Origin of Ragman!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice first issue. I can't wait to see where the series goes from here.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

^^^^^ Ditto

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers