Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungJustice

Enlistment: Chapter 1, Part 4

The Columbia Center

Wake walked into the Skyview Observation Deck, where a man stood looking out into Seattle, “How are you settling into the realm of humans?” Wake asked the man as he walked next to him, looking at the skyline with him.

The unknown man turned around, “It is different than expected, I feel…inferior.” The man appeared human, but was obviously some type of AI due to his robotic voice.

No Caption Provided

Wake laughed, “Well, Menace, trust and believe that once you conquer this city, they’ll be the inferior ones.”

H.U.N.T Headquarters

“Well, this is going to hell. Obsidian and Violet have been missing for three days and aren't picking up. Then Unknown Soldier left, I can’t fight them by myself.” Stealth spilled out to Cameron as they sat on a couch in her office.

Cameron kissed her forehead, “You know…” He paused for a few seconds, but shook his head, “Never mind.”

Stealth looked up at him, “What is it?”

“The serum…if I took it I could help you.” Cameron stated.

Stealth sighed, “Do we have to do this again? That serum is from an illegal drug cartel from the 30th century, hell, we got it off of a fiend. I can’t risk it.”

Cameron’s eagerness decreased, “Are you sure?”

Stealth nodded sternly and then walked over to her computer, “There has to be at least one agent in this area.” She looked through hundreds of files, finally finding one after hours of searching, “Hey, here is a good one. Sky Banks, she’s been training since the age of 4, killed a team of S.W.A.T officers when they invaded her house at age 7. She was arrested for 30 counts of murder and escaped; she came to us seeking refuge at 16. Has been working with us ever since.”

“Seems like a sweetheart.” Cameron joked.

Suddenly, an arrow busted through the window with a line on it, it connected to a wall and a woman came zooming into the office.

No Caption Provided

As Stealth aimed her pistol, the woman put her hand up, “Sky Banks, reporting for duty.”

Stealth put her pistol into her holster, “What the hell, did you put a bug in my office?”

“After that shield got put up over the state, I've set up bugs in the most important buildings all over this place. I just happened to be patrolling this area.” Sky said as she put her bow on the coffee table and poured herself a shot of whiskey, “It is absolute chaos down there, hotels are out of rooms due to people being stuck here, while the natives are plain losing their sh*t. Not to mention this field is impenetrable, we've used all we got and nothing. The temperature is rising slowly too, it seems like this thing is cutting off absolutely everything. Including air, if we don't get this shield down soon enough, oxygen tanks and breathers are going to become a really big thing around here.”

Stealth and Cameron looked at each other, although Cameron was the only one who spoke, “We need to find the others. Sky, would you have happened to have seen a man, his face covered in bandages, likely carrying tons of weapons.”

Sky laughed, “Yeah, I've seen him around. He killed Tailsman and tied his body up to the Space Needle. Dude is crazy.”

Stealth put her jacket on, “Come on, let’s go sightseeing.”

The Columbia Center

“Alright Menace, let’s see if you've really got the stuff. Destroy the hard light holograms with the designated power sets.” Discharge said as she walked out of the training room into the viewing center, she spoke over an intercom to Menace, “Beast Boy, begin.”

A hard light hologram rushed toward Menace, but he quickly reacted by turning into a tiger and leaping onto him, biting into his skull.

No Caption Provided

“Captain Atom.” Discharge spoke over the intercom.

Menace turned back into human form and blasted the next two holograms into billions of pieces.

“Red Tornado.” She ordered.

Menace created a mini tornado to lift himself up, launching multiple powerful tornadoes at the holograms.

Discharge smirked, “Plastic Man.”

Menace fell to the ground and slammed his fist on the ground, extending his hand, stretching it throughout the floor. He engulfed the holograms in parts of his hand and crushed them.

Menace looked at Discharge in the window, “Am I done?”

Discharge opened the doors, “All free.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@youngjustice: Amazo right? Also there's a missing word first paragraph in.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese said:

@youngjustice: Amazo right? Also there's a missing word first paragraph in.

While I did take inspiration from him, Menace is a whole different creation.

Where, I'm dumb so I can't find it.

TFR!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Should be; "How are you settling into the realm of humans?”

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be; "How are you settling into the realm of humans?”

Thanks, didn't realize that.

You get a virtual cookie for telling me about it.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@youngjustice: I like where this is going. Is that picture from Hunger Games?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: I like where this is going. Is that picture from Hunger Games?

I hope so, this is going to be the craziest fic I've ever made so it's nice to see people like it.

Yeah, from Catching Fire when Katniss is training.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great work!