MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MakkyD
No Caption Provided

Welcome to the News Thread for DC Re-Created (Or DCRC)! This is where stuff will be posted to help inform you about DCRC, whether it’ll be about its past, present or future. If you want to sign up go here. If you want to read our collection of stories go here.

What is DCRC?

DC Re Created is a group founded by @MaccyD, @RulerOfThisUniverse and @TheManInTheShoe. The group was set up to not only allow you to write and re-create your favourite characters, but to create a sense of continuity and a universe behind it alongside other writers. With Wave 2 we hope to continue this.

What is Wave 2?

Wave 2 is what we call DCRC after our latest event: Underworld Unleashed. It is DCRC’s next step, so to speak. With this, we hoped it’d be easier than before to get into DCRC by reorganising and updating the library, sign-up, PM and rules. We also plan to add some new stuff, like this thread, for instance. There are new series coming out to celebrate Wave 2 as well. You could think of it like a mini-relaunch.

What is Underworld Unleashed?

Underground Unleashed was an event started by @TommyTheHitman and finished by @Waezi2. It dealt with a demon from the underworld called Neron and his appearance on the Earth. In exchange for their souls, he granted villains extraordinary powers with which chaos was caused across the globe. The team of Batman, Spectre, Katana, Captain Cold, Jonah Hex and Doctor Thirteen united and defeated Neron, but it was not without risk. The consequences of Neron’s invasion are still being felt across the DCRC universe. You can read this in more detail, beginning here.

What is the current status quo of DCRC?

The surge of supervillains across the globe due to Neron’s deals (See Underworld Unleashed above) is making life difficult for superheroes. Not only do they have to deal with the increased amount of metahuman villains, but opinion against metahumans in general has changed, due to being generalized with the supervillain majority. Organisations dedicated to metahumans (eliminating, studying, controlling etc) are either popping up or gaining funding fast, it's become harder for heroes to gain the public's trust (especially if they're new/previously unknown) and governmental control of metahumans is becoming a popular line of thought.

What are some recent events in DCRC?

Stay tuned to this section as I’ll adding different DCRC series and what’s recently happened at the time of Wave 2.

What else will be in this thread?

Anything to inform you about anything in DCRC to be honest. There could be announcements, articles, histories, lists, overviews, previews etc. If someone thinks of something informative about DCRC that fits nowhere else, it’ll probably be here. Over time, we hope this becomes a place to easily gather any relevant information about DCRC and its universe. There might be threads dedicated to more specific stuff, if there is enough interest.

Okay, I want to start reading DCRC now, what do I do?

Go to this library and pick out a title. We hope that with this thread and library categories that it’ll be easier than before to catch up on titles and find ones that interest you.

Okay, I want to write for DCRC now, what do I do?

Go to this sign up thread and read the instructions there. Please make a note of the rules, before beginning to write stories as we want to keep a cohesive continuity as well as a fair and friendly environment at DCRC.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Perfect.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1