DC Re-Created: New Doom Patrol #1

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Midway City. Dayton Industries. The Board Room.

Two Weeks after the events of Underworld Unleashed.

Steve Dayton paced back and forth nervously outside of the board room. It has been a tough two weeks for him. The death of his mentor, the destruction of his hometown, the death of many innocents and lastly his teammate murdering the psychopath who was the cause of all of this. The image of Elastigirl brutally stomping IQ to death repeatedly played in his head. Just when he thought he had it together, it would reappear. He could see the mob full of press in the room getting their cameras ready, patiently waiting for the billionaire to enter. Steve stood still, closed his eyes, took a deep breath and opened the door to the conference room. Cameras started to snap, people began to talk over one another trying to get whatever answers they could out of Steve. His bodyguard rushed him to his seat at the edge of the table. "Hi. I am terribly sorry for keeping you all waiting. I had personal matters to attend to first. Please sit." Steve said, while pointing to the floor.

As some of the journalist sat down, some preferred to stand. Steve stood up from his chair and began to address the room. "As you all know, Midway was one of the many cities that was under attack by dangerous villains. A teenager known as Ira Quimby, had access to some of the most advanced technology I've ever laid eyes on. Rather than using his gifts for good, he decided to kill innocent men, women and children. I just want everyone to know that we will rise from this situation. Our city, our people will be stronger. I will do everything in my power to rebuild this beautiful city. And now, I will take questions." Steve said. All of the journalist started to raise their hands. Steve pointed to a young blonde woman. "Yes."

"Mr. Dayton. Were the attacks in San Francisco, Ivy City & Gotham connected?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Another question. Have you reached out to anyone to help with other cities?"

"The people of Midway City will always come first. But I have reached out to Mr. Queen, unfortunately his assistant told me that he was currently not available. Next question please." Steve pointed to a stocky, mid-30's man.

"Is Rita Farr still a member of the Doom Patrol? Where is she now? Rumor has it that you and her are romantically involved. Is it true?

"Rita will always have a place in the Doom Patrol. Currently, she's in New York City auditioning for a part in a movie and as for the rumors, no comment. Does anyone have any questions that don't involve my love life? Steve chuckled.

"I do." a man who was behind the door said.

"Okay shoot." Steve suggested.

"Why isn't Elastigirl in prison?" The man asked.

"E-excuse me?"

"Let me be clear. Why aren't all you superhero types in prison? You guys are the real criminals. This would not have happened if you guys weren't around. Let me remind you that Rita Farr killed a teenager and it was broadcasted everywhere. It seems like

a new 'superhero' pops up everyday. Everyone from those teens in San Francisco to that blue demon man in L.A. to you freaks over here should be punished. I say we go to the mayor and have you freaks banned from Midway.

The journalist in the room start to talk loudly over each other. Whoever this man was, he wasn't with the press. This was personal to him in every way. Steve looked around the room in shame and thought to himself that maybe the man could be right. Maybe they were making things worst.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This ain't going to be pretty.

Thanks for the Titans reference.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: No problem. You posting anything today?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: And that would be the last issue right?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice, should be interesting to see what develops from this. Will the man behind the door appear again?

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17