DC Re-Created: Legion of Substitute Heroes #3

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Unknown Location

A man who seemed to only be a skeleton looked over video footage taken at a bar, a drive way, and the inside of a house. It showed people breathing fire, making trees appear and turning into stone.

“That is all the Intel we have at the moment, more is on the way as we speak.” The woman said as the man kept rewinding the footage of a man incinerating an Agent by spiting flames at him. He took his cigar out of his mouth as the smoke left it.

“They are more powerful than I first thought they would be...I want to test their abilities more than just simple agents.” He said as he pressed on a buzzer prompting a man to come in.

“You rang sir.” He said as the skeleton man stood up.

“You are going out on an assignment, chose two other people to join you and make haste at once Tenzil.” He said as the man adjusted his sunglasses.

No Caption Provided

“Will do.” He replied.

Pharmacy, Warpath

Brek was in his old ice cream truck in the parking lot of a local pharmacy. The sun was just beginning to rise and the sky was a beautiful orange. He had kept his friend Steve unconscious with sleeping pills in worry that he would start to cough up flames. As he opened the back of the truck he wrapped his hands in cloth over a pair of gloves. Even though the city was suffering from a heat wave he could not seem to stay warm or find a good way to cover up how his hands were a pale blue. He walked into the store going up to the counter.

“How can I help you sir?” the woman behind the counter said while being a little uneasy seeing Brek with his hands wrapped up.

“Yeah...I need an inhaler for my friend, here’s the prescription.” Brek said taking out the piece of paper and handing it to her. She typed into the computer and went to the back to go and get the inhaler. Brek started to wander off into the candy section picking up a chocolate bar. He heard the door ring as someone walked in. It was his brother Ral and his friend Umar.

“Brek? What are you doing with your hands wrapped up?” he said as Umar went to look at the candy section like a 5 year old.

“Steve had an asthma attack and he knocked over some boiling water on my hands.” Brek said as that made Ral look down to the cloth. He quickly took the cloth off hoping to see the boils but saw gloves instead with the bottom of Breks wrist blue.

“Are you ok?” he said touching the wrist it feeling ice cold. Brek quickly covered it up and went back to the counter grabbing the inhaler and threw down a hundred dollar bill grabbing both Ral and Umar dragging them out. He saw Lydia and Doug in Ral’s truck and let out a breath. He took off the gloves showing his hands a pale blue and he made the air freeze into ice above his hand.

“I’m basically jack frost so I can only be so ok.” Brek said as Umar looked at Brek’s hands and turned them red.

“And I am the clown god so stop b!tch!ng and get in the truck, we have...to talk about some things.” Umar said as he changed Brek’s hands back to blue. Brek sighed and went to the back of his ice cream truck pulling Steve over his shoulder and walking over to Ral’s truck putting him in the trunk. Getting into the back he squeezed in between Lydia and Doug. Ral drove off as they all explained to each other what happened.

“So you’re telling me that Steve, the same Steve that would never hurt a fly and with asthma had flames erupt from his mouth scorching a man to the bone?” Ral said as Brek nodded.

“Don’t act like it is the strangest thing you have heard in your whole life, you made a tree flip a cop car and these two were kidnaped by robots apparently.” He said pointing over to Lydia and Doug.

“Not robots, cyborgs, or at least that’s what we think they were.” Lydia said as Ral turned heading towards a highway out of the city.

“What are you doing Ral?” Brek asked as Ral speed up.

“Someone is clearly after us, so I think it would be best for us to leave the city for a while, I have my overnight bag so we should be good for a few days.” He said as two black cars appeared behind them.

“You don’t say...” Umar said looking behind them to see the black cars. A red dot appeared to move back and forth between Umar and Lydia.

“Oh $h!t...” Lydia said as both her and Umar ducked as a bullet whizzed past them breaking the windshield. Ral jumped swerving to the side and one of the black cars smashed into the back of his. This sent Umar out of his seat, since he was not wearing a seat belt, at Ral making the car go into a light pole. Everyone held onto something as the black cars came to a stop. Out of one car came a man wearing green sunglasses and a man in a blue suit. Out of the other came a bizarre looking man with orange skin, yellow warty arms and a purple suit.

“What the hell is wrong with his arms?” Umar said as the man in the red suit broke grabbed Umar from outside the car through the broken windshield and threw him out.

“What is his powers supposed to be?” the man in the blue suit asked as the man with green glasses looked at phone.

“No record for this one, only for the other five.” He replied as the man with yellow warty arms walked up to Umar.

“I guess it won’t hurt to test him, give him a little kicker to find out what powers he has.” The man said as he grabbed one of his arms and pulled at it making the entire limb come off his torso.

“I’m still on Velocity aren’t I?” Umar said as the man smashed his arm at Umar sending him into the side of one of the black cars denting it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@bronze_surfer: Sorry it takes me so long time to get myself to read these because they are extremely well written.