Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Part 1 Deathstroke #3

Part 2 Green Arrow #6

Heartless Part 3, Due to Dngn leaving the group this is where the story arc shall end. Thanks to Dngn for letting me use the characters.

Star City. 2 Minutes After Last Issue...

Count Werner Vertigo gasped for breath as he ran down the hallway. He gasped for breath as he stopped just outside his bedroom's door.

No Caption Provided

FWIP!

Werner jumped in surprise as an arrow slammed next to where his hand had been resting. He turned to see several figures running towards him.

"VERTIGO! I'm still going to kill you!" Grant Wilson yelled angrily as he charged forward. Count Vertigo's eyes widened with terror.

"No. No!" He yelled. "Leave me alone!" He yelled as he slammed the bedroom door shut. The group stopped just outside the door as Grant knelt by the doorknob. He pressed the side of his ear to it.

"What are you doing?" Green Arrow asked. Grant noticed he was keeping his bow in his hands. He smiled under his mask. Good to know he wasn't completely worthless.

"I'm trying to hear how many guys he's got in there." Grant muttered as he slowly stood up. He noticed the hot blonde next to him was staring at him angrily.

"We should take him out." Black Canary said as she stared at Grant with distrust. "Before he betrays us." Grant chuckled.

"Do I know you?" He asked. "It sounds like I-"

"We're wasting time." Roy Harper muttered as he pushed past them both. He stood in front of the door with a frown. "Kicking in the door in 3, 2, 1-"

"No. No!" Count Vertigo yelled as he slammed the door shut. "Leave me alone!" He turned in a panic.

"What's going on?" Impala asked with a frown. She glanced at her HIVE backup Drone who was busy tapping on the bedroom's computer. Vertigo said nothing as he panted for breath. Slowly Gizmo sat up, his laptop folded onto his back as he stepped away from the door.

"He's failed." The Drone muttered with a sigh. "We've got four capes coming through now." The Drone activated a holographic keyboard over his wrist as he started tapping on the keys. "I recommend we teleport out of here." He muttered as Impala nodded in agreement.

"What?" Count Vertigo said with a look of surprise. "You can't just-"

"You've failed the HIVE Vertigo." Impala said as she placed her hand on the Drone's shoulder. "You're useless to us now." She smiled. "We have other pieces in play." Count Vertigo opened his mouth to speak.

KRASH!

The door was kicked in as Red Arrow and Grant Wilson smashed through the door's frame. Count Vertigo turned back to where Gizmo and Impala had been standing only to see they'd disappeared.

"Time for some anger management..." Grant muttered as he pulled his katana out of its sheathe. He turned towards Vertigo as he started to chuckle.

"No." Green Arrow said with a frown. He placed his hand on Grant's shoulder. "You're not killing him." Grant twitched in annoyance.

"Who the hell do you think you ar-" He started to say only to be interrupted by a small dagger piercing his arm. Grant groaned in pain as he turned down the hallway.

"Brutale..." He muttered as he pulled the dagger from his arm before chucking it to the floor. Green Arrow placed an arrow in his quiver as he stared at the figure walking towards them.

No Caption Provided

"You didn't think I'd trust the HIVE blindly did you?" Vertigo asked as Brutale threw yet another dagger towards Green Arrow. Ollie dodged it as he let an arrow fly from his bow. He stumbled forward only to be stabbed in the arm by a quick dagger stab. "Brutale was far within my price range." Green Arrow leaned against the wall as blood dripped from his wound. He watched as Black Canary opened her mouth to release her cry in Brutale's direction only to be grabbed from behind by Vertigo. "Move towards me and I'll snap her neck..." He growled as Roy turned towards him.

"It won't be that easy..." Grant growled as he rose up and grabbed Brutale by the neck before cracking it. Vertigo stared in surprise as Brutale's body collapsed to the floor.

"Heroes don't kill..." Vertigo muttered as Grant Wilson stood up towards him with a smile.

"Do I LOOK like a superhero to you?" He asked with a slight chuckle. Vertigo tensed up as his hands wrapped around Canary's neck.

KRASH!

Vertigo gasped in surprise as Roy tackled into him knocking Canary aside.

"PEASANT!" Vertigo yelled just before Roy's fist smashed into his nose. In rage Vertigo kicked Harper off of him before standing up. He smiled as the blood dripped from his nose and his eyes turned slightly yellow.

KKKKKKKKKRKRKRRRRRZZZZHHHHAKKKKK!!!! !

The team screamed in pain as the yellow light fired from Vertigo's forehead. Black Canary collapsed to the ground as she tried to stay stood up.

"Even if I can't join the HIVE... I can still kill you buffoons." The Count muttered with a slight smile. His face was strained with concentration as the waves fired from the cybernetic implants in his temples. Grant groaned in pain as his hand reached for his pistol. He aimed it towards Vertigo's throat however every shot he fired seemed to miss. "It's impossible!" Vertigo laughed. "You can't-" He stopped. His eyes widened as he started to scream in pain. Light appeared on the side of his temples as he collapsed to the ground and quivered. Slowly blood dripped from his ears as he lay quietly on the floor.

"What the hell?!" Black Canary said slowly as she stood up. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure..." Green Arrow said as he stared at the Count's unconscious body. "Speedy." He said in his com device. "Got any ideas?"

"I'm picking up a connection between Vertigo's implants and... some outside source." Mia muttered.

"HIVE?" Roy asked with a frown. Black Canary nodded.

"They probably didn't want to leave him with their tools..." She muttered as she turned towards Grant. "Now..." She said as her face tightened. "What do we do about you?"

Grant was quiet as he glanced around the room. He could hear Peabody in his ear.

"Vertigo's down. Now get what we came for before it's too late!" Grant nodded as he noticed the heart lying on the table.

"Don't even think about it..." Black Canary said as she noticed what Grant was staring at. Green Arrow pulled an arrow as he aimed it towards Grant's chest.

"Make a move and I hit you in the heart..." He muttered. "I'm really not in the mood for this right now.."

Grant was quiet as his hand slowly reached for a small device on his belt.

"Tough." He muttered as he quickly pulled out a device and pointed it towards Black Canary. He pulled the trigger before she could react and a foamy liquid fired from the device's barrel covering Canary.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" Green Arrow yelled angrily. His arrow was an inch from firing as Grant smiled.

"Ah ah ah." He said with a smile as he backed towards the window leaving the heart on the table. "That there is explosive gel." He pulled the detonator from his belt. "Try and shoot me and..." He mimed clicking the button. "Boom goes the dynamite." Green Arrow nodded as Grant opened the window up before stepping onto the ledge. He glanced at Roy who was busy packing the Container back together.

"Take the shot!" Black Canary yelled angrily as Grant pointed his pistol towards her. "TAKE THE SHOT!" She yelled again.

"You're free to go..." Ollie growled as he placed the bow back over his quiver.

"Smart move..." Deathstroke muttered as he disappeared from sight.

Belle Reve, 15 Hours Later

"It's very fascinating really..." Amanda Waller muttered as she stared from her observation room. "The ability to install a sense of Vertigo in a being's mind... that's something we've never been able to crack."

"Is that why you had me cart his body all the way here Ma'am?" Roy asked with a slight smile. Amanda nodded slowly.

"You're doing fantastic work out there Harper." She said. "Keeping us up to date on these Superhumans. You're making your country proud."

"To be honest I couldn't care less what my country thinks of me Ma'am. Just as long as I'm helping out I don't mind."

"Yes... well... we've got a new mission for you." Amanda said with a serious tone.

"Mission? After what happened the last time?"

"This is different." Amanda said. "Just a simple Observation. Get in there and take notes on the three newest superhumans we've discovered."

"And where exactly will this mission be taking place?" Roy asked with a frown.

"San Fransisco..."

Star City Airport, 2 Days Later.

"Are you feeling better Kiddo?" Ollie asked as he crouched down. He smiled as he felt Perdita run into him and wrap her arms around him.

"Very much so..." Perdita said with a smile as Ollie placed her back down. She still looked pale from after the operation and nobody had told her of the events that had transpired to get the heart. "Thank you Uncle Oliver."

"Flight 279 is now Boarding!"

"Hey kid..." Oliver said as Perdita's Security started to sweep her away. "Call me Ollie..." Perdita waved at him as she passed through the boarding gates and boarder her plane.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Dinah Lance asked as Ollie turned towards her.

"'scuse me..." A man muttered as he walked between the two. Ollie frowned as the man rudely stepped by them.

"She'll be great." Ollie muttered as the man walked away. Together they both walked out of the airport and to the Limousine.

Aboard Flight 279

"Peabody. The bomb's been set." Grant Wilson muttered as he stepped out of the Restroom. He walked carefully down the Plane's aisle. He stepped carefully past a Flight Attendant.

"Cool. Did you set it to the time I specified?"

"Exactly. I-"

Grant frowned as he accidentally bumped into a Security Guard. In fact it was one of Perdita's guards.

"Sorry kid..." He muttered as he stepped past. He glanced at Perdita and chuckled slightly to himself.

"Great." Peabody said. "Payday. Here we come..."

Grant smiled as he picked up his bag from the shelf and walked towards the Emergency Escape for the plane.

"Sir?" A flight attendant said with a look of confusion as Grant gripped the escape handle. "Are you okay?" He asked. Grant nodded as he pulled his mask out of the bag.

No Caption Provided

"I'm great." Grant said as the door whooshed open and he tumbled into the skyline...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@tommythehitman: Great stuff man! The Impale cameo was a nice touch and both characters seem to have left on even terms.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Nice!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@tommythehitman: Awesome work. Btw, now that dngn is gone is anyone using HIVE?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers