DC Re-Created: Flex Mentallo #1

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

“Flex, Flex, Flex!” A rather perplexing mantra is repeated at least three thousand times “Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex! Flex, Flex, Flex!” And so on; words have power, as you should very well know. Since Flex is going to need all of the power he could possibly muster for this one he’s going to have to have a insane amount of words!

“Well, how about something, you know, free? You know I am good for it! I just haven't gotten paid and everyone needed something new all of a sudden and next thing I know I have nothing to get anything! Please? I swear! I've never been late before! You have’ta trust me here, Mr. Sage!” He’s panting; out of breath. He knows in the back of his head that this plea is a long shot.

“Mr. Mentallo, you've been late seven different times. The last four times honestly. You need to get together, now. You knew this was going to end soon if you didn’t pull yourself together. Guess what? You didn’t. Bye, Flex.” His words harsh, they cut through Flex’s psyche like a hot knife through butter.

He’s reeling, spinning out of control. He falls.

“Wake up!” A cheery voice that’s maybe a little too high pitched which belongs to a shorter red haired female almost awakes Flex. “Silly, you're needed! You must awake soon or everything will be doomed! YOU'LL DIE, Flex! Dead!”

He shakes his head. He perked his ears up at the mention of DEATH! He opens his eyes. “Huh? Dead? What’s going on?” He looks around a little, he gasps. “Uh, where the hell am I?!”

“Your imagination, silly! You should know, you brought yourself here.” She smiles sweetly.

“Huh? What do you mean?” His eyebrows grow close; he sits up.

“Oh, you haven't come to terms with it yet? Would you like me to tell you?” She tilts her head to the left slightly, her smile never wavers.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? Look, lady, I don’t have anything at all to give you!” He’s exasperated and damn tired.

“Sweetie, Mr. Wallace is going to kill himself. If he does, you die with him. You were his optimism, and to be fair, you weren't really doing your job well for awhile.” Her smile grows a bit bigger.

“Wait, what did you just say? I was his optimism? What? Lady, I was the world’s first superhero! I did it and no one even remembers me! Wait, oh god, no, I am real! I am! I must be! I must be!”

The world around them changes to something else, everything is different now.

“Okay, you're going to have to get yourself together now. I have to leave.”

“But, lady, you had all the damn answers! How in the world will I possibly fix this? I’M GOING TO DIE WHEN I WAS NEVER ALIVE!”

Wallace sits with a rancid drink next to him, getting comfortable in a lazy-boy chair. He’s sobbing “Mother dearest, what’s next? Why won't you tell me what’s next?”

----

Note: I was going to write this as a quick one and done type of thing but then as I was looking over it I liked what I had. So, I decided to change a couple of things and make it a thing that I will be working on for awhile. So instead of being a pretty long one shot I cut it back and made it a small start to a big story. Hope you don't mind a little more to read. :)

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I can't wait to read more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Also, if you know anyone that would be interested in writing for the group. Can you tag them in the sign up thread below?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a bit lost, I also have no idea who this is so maybe that is why I'm just not getting this