DC Re-Created Event: Underworld Unleashed #3

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

The House of Secrets, The Outskirts of Gotham.

"Y'know... ah reckon he don't remember me."

Jonah Hex sighed as he tore a painting down from the wall and chucked it into the fireplace that was roaring beneath it. For a moment the flame turned a dark black and Jonah could've sworn he heard spirits screaming in pain. He shrugged. Jonah didn't really understand this magic stuff.

"Who? Batman?" The Japanese woman asked from across the room. She was busy inspecting an urn with some kind of markings on the side. "He's only just met you." She pointed out.

"Ah've met HIM before." Jonah growled. "Thing is... ah was younger then... and he wus probably older."

"How did you get that scar?" Tatsu Yamashiro asked in an attempt to make idle conversation.

"That's private."

Tatsu ignored the cowboy as she continued her search through the strange artifacts in the room. Batman had said they'd know what they were looking for once they found it. Then he'd disappeared upstairs without a word. Tatsu smirked slightly, people like Batman... the undead Cowboy... they were like stories she had told her children before they went to sleep. Each were ridiculous... her hand slipped onto her husband and she remembered that SHE was now part of the ridiculous as well.

"Hex! Katana!" Tatsu turned towards the stairs to see Batman staring down at them with a grim look. "I've found what we're looking for."

"Whut did you find?" Jonah asked. He pulled his hat off and fanned himself off. The heat from the fire had started to grow hotter.

"The Mirror of Transportation."

The Tower

"Lord Neron! You shall explain this monstrosity you have created!"

Rama Kushna shook with anger as she stood behind the council table. Many times throughout the eons she'd traveled to this place... the Tower of Fate. And every time she'd been here the tone was always slightly different. Different meetings about different events... and each time there were new faces. New faces for new times, however each time there were always two faces that had been here. The first... and most important was Nabu. One of the oldest beings in existence and possibly the most powerful magic user alive. He was the Lord of Magic and had assisted in saving the universe thousands of times. Secondly... was the cause of all this trouble. Sat on the other side of the room, wearing a lavish green coat... was Neron. While the mortals on Earth believed him to be some kind of Demon, Neron was something different entirely. While Rama and Nabu had both been chosen for their duties, Nabu had sprung from nothing... and taken his Lordship as Ruler of the Deceased for himself. Nabu was in charge of the Lords of Order. A group dedicated to preserving Order throughout the universe. Neron was in charge of the Lords of Chaos. A group dedicated to causing suffering and madness throughout the universe. Together both sides had to attempt to keep a balance between the two.

No Caption Provided

"It was MY understanding that I was supposed to help keep a balance between Order and Chaos."Neron muttered before taking a sip of his glass. The red liquid disappeared down his mouth and left thick, bloody stains across his lips. Rama hoped he was drinking wine. "Nabu... you've helped Order by sending in that Super Gene a couple of centuries ago.... now it's Chaos' turn."Rama glanced up at Nabu who was seated on his chair overlooking the room. He stared at Neron... and a frown crossed across his face.

"That... is not true." Nabu said calmly. His voice echoed across the room... however it had a calmness to it. Almost as if everything was going to be fine and they weren't busy deciding the fate of billions. "The rise of the Super Humans affects both Order AND Chaos in Positive and Negative forms." His voice darkened slightly and the calmness disappeared. "But... Lord Neron you have not only caused this... Underworld Uprising without consultation you have broken your sacred vows and DIRECTLY caused this conflict!"

"I have NOT!" Neron yelled angrily. He pointed a finger directly at Rama. "What about HER?!"He snarled. "At THIS moment she has sent two of her Avatars to the Himalayas in an attempt to halt this decision! How is THAT not interfering?!"

"Avatars such as Boston Brand, The Spectre or the Grey Man are allowed to be used in such conflicts." Nabu corrected. "Similar to pieces in a chess game. You know that this is their purpose Lord Neron... but not only do you NOT have an Avatar to speak of... you personally unleashed the underworld upon the realm of the living and ATTACKED the Lord of Vengeance's Avatar! If you wish to directly balance Chaos and Order you MUST use an Avatar!" Rama noticed a small smirk spread across the Lord of the Dead's face as he tossed the wine glass over his shoulder.

"Well..."Neron said slyly. "I suppose I'd better get one."

The Himalayas

"So... Spirit of Vengeance huh?" Deadman muttered calmly. "Saw a crappy movie about that once. The guy had a cool bike though."

"I wouldn't know about that..." Jim Corrigan said. He'd shrugged off the effects of the fear spell pretty well. "But I've been at this thing for awhile now. So anything that came after me is probably a rip off." He paused and for a moment Deadman saw a flash of pain cross the old man's face. "70 years...." He whispered. "Jesus..."

"Weren't you at Dunkirk?" Deadman asked. "I heard y-"

"Hey guys!" Secret yelled from further down the cave. "Maybe you could try helping us out here?" Secret and the others were busy near the cave wall trying in vain to get past the Gate leading to the Underworld. Aztar, the Lord of Vengeance was hovering above them in silence watching them work. Every time his eyes passed over Captain Cold his frown grew ever larger. Secret and the Captain had spent the last few minutes trying to devise a way to break through the mystical barrier keeping them out. Doctor Thirteen, the magic less magician was stood nearby in quiet contemplation.

"Maybe I could try using my Cold Gun?" Cold asked. He glanced up at Aztar and shivered slightly. "It would-"

"This is Magic, Snart." Thirteen interrupted. "Freezing the gate isn't going to get us through. It's enchanted. It'll heat up and make the ice melt... or worse it could redirect the blast back at us."

"Freezing the thing would make it even tougher." Corrigan said gently. He frowned at Thirteen. "Perhaps we cou-"

"Woah..." Deadman gasped for a second. A strange feeling washed over his body and he started to feel sick. "Guys... I-" He lurched forward and vomited bright blue ectoplasm on the snowy cave floor.

"Boston?!" Secret ran towards him. "Are you okay?!" She patted his back in an attempt to help him get all the sickness out. "What's wrong with him?!" She asked when his skin turned a dark green.

"I have no idea." Doctor Thirteen said just as Deadman started to laugh. Jim Corrigan walked towards him slowly.

"Son? Are you alright?" Jim asked just before bolting straight up. Green energy wrapped around his body before causing both him and Aztar to disappear in a burst of green light. In his place stood the Spectre. A fusion of both Aztar and Corrigan. "Neron..." The Spectre growled. Deadman's laughter turned to a deep shriek as his red leotard turned into a deep, dark black. "You shall leave this place."

"I... am not Neron."Deadman growled just as a flash of green light flashed from his body sending Secret flying backwards into the air. Claws sprouted from Boston's fingers and his eyes flashed a bright green. "You can all call me... CORPSE FEEDER!"

To be continued.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2

I was going to have a scene with Roy in San Fransisco. But I decided not to because there wasn't much point to it.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

LOL at the Spirit of Vengeance reference.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

I don't like those movies very much...

However a Spectre movie (rated R) could be freaking great.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

I don't like those movies very much...

However a Spectre movie (rated R) could be freaking great.

I hate the Ghost Rider movies as well so at least we can agree on SOMETHING. ;)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

Thank god. I mean... you like Dragonball Evolution for gods sake so....

What did you think of the actual issue chum?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That GR reference haha. Good story. I can't wait to see what you do with Captain Cold.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 @spideyivydaredevilfan26@johnny_blaze

Eh. That's like saying:

"I don't like war... but I like the explosions."

I can understand saying that but to be honest you could say that about almost any movie. For example:

"The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies ever... but I like the choreography."

See?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Aw, come on. The scenes where he actually is Ghost Rider is pretty cool. But it's still a bad movie.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump of justice.