johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By johnny_blaze

Giffen Elementary School. Midway City.

"The little girl was chewing on a goddamn ear Steve!" Negative Man shouted.

"Quiet down Trainor. I'm trying to see if I can get inside their heads." Mento said while both of his index fingers were on his helmet.

"Well?" Negative Man asked.

"I got nothing." Mento sighed. "Did you notice those squares on the side of their necks? The tech looks familiar."

"What? I….no. No I didn't have time to observe their necks. I was too busy trying to make sure that I wasn't food."

"What if those devices are responsible for making the kids crazy?"

"So what's the plan boss?" Negative Man asked. "We can't hide in the principal's office forever."

"That's the thing Trainor. I'm not really sure what to do. If Robotman was here, he could do a simple EMP to knock out the devices that are controlling the kids."

"Hold up Steve. EMP as in electromagnetic pulse?" Negative Man asked while he stood up as if he had the greatest idea ever.

"Uh yeah."

"Dude. I am nothing but radioactive energy. I am your EMP. All I have to do is go out into the hallway, send out an electromagnetic pulse, save the kiddies and I'll be back just in time to pick up Ambush Bug Annual #1."

"I'll never understand your obsession with that comic."

"It's good literature at it's finest."

"Anyway. Are you sure about this?" Mento asked with crank skepticism in his voice.

"I'm not sure about a lot of things, but it's worth a try. Maybe you can crank up the psychic powers and put the kiddies in a trance."

"Sure thing." Mento said with a smirk of a confidence. Negative Man and Mento walked out of the empty principle's office and into the hallway where they saw the group of children circling around like a bunch of buzzards.

"HEY!" Negative Man yelled at the kids. The children turned around and started to walk towards them snarling and growling. "Okay Mento. You're up." Mento concentrated to see if he could telepathically tell the kids to stop.

"Trainor. I think I got through!" Mento said. The children were frozen solid in their place. Mento had finally established a mental link with the children. "Okay Trainor. Do your thing."

"Steve. You might want to step back." Negative Man suggested to Mento. After taking a long deep breath, a green glow surrounds Negative Man. He made sure his bandages were on tightly because too much radiation can result in the death of the children and themselves.

"Trainor wait! Look at the kids!" Mento screamed out. Negative Man stopped what he was doing and looked in front of him to see that the kids were laying out on the floor.

"Oh my god. D-did I do this?" Negative Man asked with fear in his voice.

Mento ran to the children to investigate the devices on their necks. What he found on their necks startled him immensely. He took his helmet off and placed it beside him as he looked down. "Well Trainor. There is bad news and worst news."

"Spill." Negative Man sighed.

"The bad news is that the kids are gone. But you didn't do it. Which leads to the worst news. These devices on their necks were controlling them but they also served as timers. The devices killed them. And under the timer are the initials IQ. If this is who I think it is, then this isn't good at all.

"Hey Steve. I just received a text from Chief. It said that we must get to Midway City High School quickly. Or what's left of it. A couple of cops died as well." Negative Man explained. "There's something similar going on in Ivy City with Green Arrow and some villain named Doctor Polaris. Could they be working together?

"Hmm. Good question. We have to worry about the city that we were sworn to protect before we can worry about another city. My heart goes out to Arrow and the citizens of Ivy. See if you can contact Rita and Cliff. We're going to need all the help we can get."

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continued in DCRC Underworld Unleashed: Doom Patrol #1

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MakkyD

Good dialogue here and man-eating children are the perfect enemies for the doom patrol. :)

Don't be afraid to be more descriptive, though you probably won't be used to it if you read majorily comics, it helps readers immerse in a story.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I shall keep that in mind. Thank you.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump