DC Re-Created: Doom Patrol #4

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Doom HQ. Dayton Manor. Midway City

Negative Man plopped down on the couch and lazily began to look for the tv remote. He sighed with relief as he laid back and stretched his legs out, trying to get as comfortable as possible. Solo missions are always the hardest, he thought. I can't wait for Rita and Cliff to come back.

While Negative Man was flipping through channels. Mento came down the stairs and sat besides him. "So how was China?" Mento asked. "Did you have any fun?"

"Yeah sure."

"Your thoughts say otherwise." Mento said while snatching the remote out of Negative Man's hand and beginning to flip the channels.

"For godsakes dude, you can't be in my thoughts. It's called intrusion. You're invading my privacy."

"Relax. Where's Rita and Robotman?"

"Uh Rita is at a photoshoot in San Francisco. Cliff on the other hand is with Dr. Magnus working on something.

"Chief's old student?"

"Correct."

"Trainor, Mento. I have something that you need to look into." The Chief said in an aggressive tone while coming down the stairs "And no it can't wait."

"What do you need us to do?" Mento stood up quickly. Mento served in the United States Military, so whenever someone gave an order. He was quick to respond to it.

"I need you to go to Giffen Elementary School. There have been reports of missing teachers." The Chief insisted.

"Chief. They're probably hiding from those snot nosed kids. I wouldn't blame them." Negative Man jokingly said.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple Mr. Trainor. There have been reports of the children being violent towards the adults." The Chief said with worried look on his face.

"Don't worry Chief. Me and Trainor will take care of it." Mento said with confidence.

"Yep. The Hardy Boys are on it." Negative Man stood up. "I hope we make it back before the comic book store closes. Ambush Bug issue 34 is supposed to be a game changer.

"The bug can wait." The Chief smiles. "Suit up lads. Your new costumes are in your rooms."

Giffen Elementary School. Midway City. Two Hours Later.

"Well everything looks okay to me, so let's go see if......."

"Not so fast Trainor. We actually have to go inside. We're The Hardy Boys remember? They wouldn't run away."

"I hate when you use my words against me Dayton." Mento and Negative Man walk slowly towards the school entrance of the seemingly normal looking school building and walk in. As soon as they walk in and close the door behind them, they walk down the school hallway slowly looking for any clues. "Hey Mento. You think you can do your little telepathy thingy to see if anyone is here?"

"Hmm I'll try." Mento closes his eyes and goes into deep concentration only to be interrupted by Negative Man.

"I gotta say man. Even though I love these new black and purple uniforms. The red and whites will always have a place in my heart. It had a classic feel to it." Negative man said.

"Shut up Trainor. I think I got something." Mento whispered.

"Same here buddy." Negative Man says while pointing to a blood trail that leads them to the cafeteria. "We'll follow this trail."

Mento nodded. The two follow the trail until they got towards the cafeteria. When they walk in, they see a little girl in the corner giggling amongs themselves. Mento and Negative Man exchange looks and then slowly walk towards the little girl to see if everything was okay.

"Listen sweetheart. Everything is going to be okay." Negative Man says in a calm tone as he puts his hand on the little girl's shoulder.

The little girl turns around to reveal black lines over her face, red glowing eyes with her razor sharp teeth chewing on someone's ear. "Ooh look a mummy!" The little girl said in a monstrous voice.

"Holy sh*t dude. Are you seeing this!!??" Negative Man shouted.

"Let me see if I can get inside her head." Mento closes his eyes to see if he can establish a telepathic link. "Dammit. Her resistance is too strong."

"Dayton we should make a run for it!" Negative Man shouted.

"I hate agreeing with you. Come on." Mento and Negative Man ran quickly out of the cafeteria to head for the exit. Before they can get close to the entrance, it is blocked off by a group of small children each and everyone of them snarling and foaming at the mouth. They're surrounded by the bloodthirsty children on each sides with nowhere to go.

"So tell me something Steve. What would The Hardy Boys do in this situation?" Negative Man.

"Shut up Trainor!" Mento snapped back.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Nice! Seems like more of a character development chapter however still pretty good!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1